Harry Potter free paper props - all movies and more!

Hey Folks,

i'm new to this community and the first thread i was looking for, was this one. There are a lot of great works and i wonder how you all could do this at home? Very impressive!!! So, my question is, how do you know which fonts you should use f.e. for the hogwards invitation envelope or for other documents? I tried the "WhattheFont" page but the outcome was not really sattisfying. So, could you give me some hints how to find this fonts?

And what's about he small pictures in the books, f.e. the basilisk page or the polyjuice page? Handdrawing you guys the pics or are there sources where i could find the images?

All the best from germany and thank you for this thread.

I know I said I wouldn't fool around with the Kwikspell envelope until Hinky said I could but we have not had word from her for several days so in the meantime I did a half size, low res version of what the layout should look like to be folded into an envelope.

bfd

ohh Barney, it looks amazing and really easy to make the envelope this time. i dont think that Hinky will tell you to not to work on this version. oh i really want this so much. thank you really!

Hey Folks,

i'm new to this community and the first thread i was looking for, was this one. There are a lot of great works and i wonder how you all could do this at home? Very impressive!!! So, my question is, how do you know which fonts you should use f.e. for the hogwards invitation envelope or for other documents? I tried the "WhattheFont" page but the outcome was not really sattisfying. So, could you give me some hints how to find this fonts?

And what's about he small pictures in the books, f.e. the basilisk page or the polyjuice page? Handdrawing you guys the pics or are there sources where i could find the images?

All the best from germany and thank you for this thread.

For fonts its strictly trial and error. There is no guide book on what the fonts are.

For pictures just search the web until you find what you want/need.

Takes time and patience.

bfd

Thanks Wooze, I remember that post about the Lady Amherst feather and you made a quill yourself, dyed with food coloring I believe, I recall it looked awesome.

Back reference of Life/Lies of Dumbledore by justin_time_01, on Flickr

Thats the reference image I worked from and I was surprised to see that its not her quick quotes quill that she is so well known for.

Here is the final Back and Spine, I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.

Life & Lies of Albus Dumbledore by justin_time_01, on Flickr

Many thanks to Hinkypunk, without her amazing front cover to work from I would have had a much harder time putting this together.

A larger version can be found on my flickr account. Hope its of use to someone, I'm hoping to get it printed tomorrow in time to take with me to the midnight release.

wowwww Elliot it looks amazing! really thank you for doing this. i am going to print it as soon as possible. but may i ask that will you make a version of it with the front cover?

wowwww Elliot it looks amazing! really thank you for doing this. i am going to print it as soon as possible. but may i ask that will you make a version of it with the front cover?

Life__Lies_Dumbledore.jpg

MINISTRY OF MAGIC - PROTECTING YOUR HOME AND FAMILY AGAINST DARK FORCES GROUP EFFORT

The Life and Lies of Albus Dumbledore looks great and is a great example of a collaborative effort between members on the thread. Well done. :thumbsup

I'm wanting to put together the pamphlet for Protecting Your Home and Family Against Dark Forces but I would like the project to be a group participation thing.

There are apparently at least 10 pages in the pamphlet and it would be great if people could provide thoughts, ideas and wording toward the completion of the pamphlet.

I started it off by creating the cover page (page 1) for the pamphlet based on the wording and layout in the book. I see it as a booklet with 2 pages on an 8.5" x 11" sheet of paper in landscape layout. Similar to the W.O.M.B.A.T. test I did awhile back.

The cover page indicates that page 2 is the Polyjuice potion page, page 4 discusses the Imperious Curse and page 10 talks about Inferi.

The book says the page is purple and Harry Potter Wiki says the ink is gold so I followed that for the cover page.

I think there needs to be a page or 2 about Death Eaters and the Dark Mark and several pages on dark potions, curses, beasts etc. Plus whatever other protection tips can be thought of.

I'm prepared to put the thing together but need the input for the content.

Any interest, ideas, thoughts?

bfd

Just another FYI here... The Universal Studios Online Store added a new section this week..Honeydukes. So you can now order chocolate frogs and pumpkin juice directly and no longer pay the absurd ebay prices just the absurd theme park prices!

Guys! I've just seen it!! The movie is absolutely perfect!! I loved Prof. McGonagall!! The 3D was not incredible, but good. This is absolutely my favourite movie of the Saga!! <3

Guys! I've just seen it!! The movie is absolutely perfect!! I loved Prof. McGonagall!! The 3D was not incredible, but good. This is absolutely my favourite movie of the Saga!! <3

You lucky stiff, you. :thumbsup

I've got to wait until Saturday; in the meantime, I'm watching a DVD marathon of all the moves, just so they are fresh in my mind. :cool

Rob

@Ghostsoldier: You're a rather large Snape fan, I'm wondering if you had a chance to look at that link I provided a while back for the alternate story of Snape?

Interested to get your opine on it.

bfd

Any Idea's on what a snatcher might be carrying around with him? I'm think the Daily Prophet of the Undesriable #1, but any other idea's? Maybe a firewiskey or butterbeer, but besides that?

Hi Everyone,
Wow, so many posts since I checked last :)

*bfd- I had heard from Hinky yesterday and she had said she is so swamped down with getting things ready with her costume so I know that is why we haven't heard from her here lately. I'm sure that after she has finished with the movie she will be doing a ton of catch up with all of the posts.
Your new project seems very exciting, you know that I would love to help if I can :)

*Elliot- great job with the back cover of Life and Lies. I can't wait to make up a copy for myself :)

*James- I am so happy to hear that you loved the movie. I can't wait to see it. I am especially looking forward to seeing Molly go toe to toe with Bellatrix :lol

*DavyVO- GREAT job with the Sirius letter :)

Hi Everyone,
Wow, so many posts since I checked last :)

*bfd- I had heard from Hinky yesterday and she had said she is so swamped down with getting things ready with her costume so I know that is why we haven't heard from her here lately. I'm sure that after she has finished with the movie she will be doing a ton of catch up with all of the posts.
Your new project seems very exciting, you know that I would love to help if I can :)

I thought that was likely the case with Hinky.

You can help with the new project, just give me any ideas you might have. I'll work them into the pamphlet.

bfd

Hi Everyone,
I just made a new post with a few pictures in my knitting trunk project. Go check it out if you have the time :)

woozelmom

I showed my wife your HP trunk and she wanted to know it the beaded item above the scissors is a stitch counter. If so, she loves it. ;) and would love to know how it works.

thomas;)

Hi Thomas,
Yes it is a stitch/row counter LOL!!!! I am just so tickled that someone knew that LOL!!!!
The red beads are "ones" and the silver beads are "tens". As I work and finish a row I take a red bead and pull it down toward the key at the bottom. I continue to pull a red bead down with each row and when all 9 beads are pulled to the bottom, I pull one "ten" silver bead down and pull all of the red beads up to the top. It is sort of an abacus :0)
There are several different variations if she does a google search. This was just one that I tried. I might still have a link. If your wife wants it I will try to look for it over the next few days. Let me know and tell your wife she made my day :0)

bfd, I've been thinking about that pamphlet too! I knew there was a promotional type thing (I never saw it in the movies) where it has the info on it but its black and white and similar to the wanted posters. The purple pamphlet would be better looking! I'll try to come up with some information to help out. I think along with Inferi, it would mention tons of other Dark creatures like dementors (how to do Patronuses) and known Death Eaters that are at large.

woozelmom, that trunk project is amazing. I bet it would work well with any sort of crafty hobby :lol Its so creative.

@woozelmom: A stitch counter! Something that could easily be found in a wizarding world, how perfectly Molly Weasleyish! :)

@Gryffindor: Great ideas for the pamphlet. Looking forward to your contribution.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back