Harry Potter free paper props - all movies and more!

Hi Everyone,
I have been working on a project on and off over the last 2-3 years and I am just about done with it. I would like to share my pictures but I feel a bit odd as the things I make are not quite SA props and are more on the "crafty" side. I didn't feel right about posting them here so, if anyone is interested, I will give a link to my Live Journal and you can see them there. I don't believe that you have to be a member of L J in order to see them. If you can't see my entry, please let me know.
I have decided to do a few entries over the next few days as there are a lot of pics and descriptions that I didn't want to bore anyone with overload LOL.

Hinky, I would also like to thank you very much. As you will see some of your work in my trunk. You gave me the graphics I needed to get started on the project again and finish it :)

Here is my link: woozelmom

Hope you like it.

Woozelmom, I really like the trunks! It has an authentic feel to it.....and the snitch through the car window is super awesome! :D

Hi Everyone,
I have been working on a project on and off over the last 2-3 years and I am just about done with it. I would like to share my pictures but I feel a bit odd as the things I make are not quite SA props and are more on the "crafty" side. I didn't feel right about posting them here so, if anyone is interested, I will give a link to my Live Journal and you can see them there. I don't believe that you have to be a member of L J in order to see them. If you can't see my entry, please let me know.
I have decided to do a few entries over the next few days as there are a lot of pics and descriptions that I didn't want to bore anyone with overload LOL.

Hinky, I would also like to thank you very much. As you will see some of your work in my trunk. You gave me the graphics I needed to get started on the project again and finish it :)

Here is my link: woozelmom

Hope you like it.

Wooz

Love the trunk! A couple of questions. First, did you make the graphics for the telescope? If you did, PM me, I would like to work a deal for them. Second, same for the rocket graphics ;)

thomas;)

Hi Thomas,
The telescope graphics was done by Hinkypunk :) I made the box for the graphics she did. The rocket is mine and I posted it here. Give me a second and I will find it and edit the post number here

Edit: Hinky was gracious enough to place my rocket image on the first page with all of the other graphics It is not exactly SA because I couldn't find any really good images to follow so it is mostly my own imagination :0)

Hi ecl,
Each of the items in the trunk do something. They all have a function in my knitting trunk. You will have to go and visit my blog again to read more :) I will try to add something new everyday until everything has been seen. It was just too much for one post.
I'm glad you like things so far :)

Edit: Sorry about the double post.

Hi Everyone,
I have been working on a project on and off over the last 2-3 years and I am just about done with it. I would like to share my pictures but I feel a bit odd as the things I make are not quite SA props and are more on the "crafty" side. I didn't feel right about posting them here

Hope you like it.

Like it??? Great...just great. Your love for all things Harry Potter is mythic. :)

Crafty is good, look at the variety of stuff you've done...trunks to blankets. Most people have not even printed out the great paper props offered here (me included I'm sorry to say).

Won't look at Molly Weasley again without thinking of you. If you had a wand in your hand I'd watch my Ps and Qs mind you. :lol

best

bfd

Here is a really bad photo of the back cover and spine of life/lies of Albus Dumbledore I have been working on. Not sure if I like it with or without the quill best, hoping to have it finished tomorrow. The back cover you see when Hermione first picks it up is different from when Harry is reading it so I went with the Hermione version as that's the clearest shot I could find of it.

Untitled by justin_time_01, on Flickr

Elliot it looks really cool!! Guys 9 hours and i will watch Deathly Hallows Part 2!! I can't believe it...i'm really happy, but sad too, because it is the last one <3

Hi Elliot,
Your back cover is looking great!!! You said that you weren't sure if you like it with the quill or not. The feather in your image looks like maybe an ostrich type feather. In your reference is that the type of feather it shows?
Rita's actual quill in the movie is a green Lady Amhearst Pheasant feather. There is one shown in this post http://www.therpf.com/f40/harry-pot...l-movies-more-108986/index83.html#post1748909 #2071.
It would take up less space visually I think because it is thinner but you would have to find a picture of one at the proper angle to work in your cover.
Either way, I LOVE all the work you have done on your cover :)

*bfd- thank you for the kind words :). I absolutely LOVE and ADMIRE all of the prop work done here and throughout RPF. There is just something about getting close or spot on with a SA prop but, I do love crafty Harry things too because most of the time those items are used in everyday life. It's just fun :)

I don't think anyone else has posted this before, it's Sirius' letter to Harry from the Goblet of Fire.
The font I used is Secret Scrypt Pro
You can see the fold lines in this pic:
tumblr_litzh1l4OC1qh03eko1_500.png

Davy

Attachments

• Sirius Letter.png
    Sirius Letter.png
    575.7 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
Hi Elliot,
Your back cover is looking great!!! You said that you weren't sure if you like it with the quill or not. The feather in your image looks like maybe an ostrich type feather. In your reference is that the type of feather it shows?
Rita's actual quill in the movie is a green Lady Amhearst Pheasant feather. There is one shown in this post http://www.therpf.com/f40/harry-pot...l-movies-more-108986/index83.html#post1748909 #2071.
It would take up less space visually I think because it is thinner but you would have to find a picture of one at the proper angle to work in your cover.
Either way, I LOVE all the work you have done on your cover :)

Thanks Wooze, I remember that post about the Lady Amherst feather and you made a quill yourself, dyed with food coloring I believe, I recall it looked awesome.

Back reference of Life/Lies of Dumbledore by justin_time_01, on Flickr

Thats the reference image I worked from and I was surprised to see that its not her quick quotes quill that she is so well known for.

Here is the final Back and Spine, I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.

Life &amp; Lies of Albus Dumbledore by justin_time_01, on Flickr

Many thanks to Hinkypunk, without her amazing front cover to work from I would have had a much harder time putting this together.

A larger version can be found on my flickr account. Hope its of use to someone, I'm hoping to get it printed tomorrow in time to take with me to the midnight release.

Last edited:
Great work DavyVO, I was just watching GoF last night and when that scene came up I thought, I don't think anyone has done this yet and then today here it is, it looks awesome

hello people, i need some help about kwikspell envelope. i really can't do it as how it look in the real. could anyone help me about that? it doesnt happen like a real envelope after i print. Maybe Barneyrfd could help about this bcoz he is a master about envelopes and letters. and does anyone know approx. measures of kwikspell envelope and letters?

I know I said I wouldn't fool around with the Kwikspell envelope until Hinky said I could but we have not had word from her for several days so in the meantime I did a half size, low res version of what the layout should look like to be folded into an envelope.

bfd

Thanks Wooze, I remember that post about the Lady Amherst feather and you made a quill yourself, dyed with food coloring I believe, I recall it looked awesome.

Thats the reference image I worked from and I was surprised to see that its not her quick quotes quill that she is so well known for.

Here is the final Back and Spine, I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.

A larger version can be found on my flickr account. Hope its of use to someone, I'm hoping to get it printed tomorrow in time to take with me to the midnight release.

Nice work on the book cover elliot. Have ya come down from opening night yet??

bfd

Something fun.

thomas;)

scaled.php

it looks like it says:
Bottled at source(?) in the
Vale of McGowan
in the Scottish
Highlands

Product of Scotland

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back