Harry Potter free paper props - all movies and more!

And on that note, I'd actually prefer it if we didn't have duplicates of everything. Where would I draw the line if someone elses is 10 times better than the other. This is the RPF, but this is a community in the RPF and no other thread is run the way this one is.

What do you mean not "run the way this one is"? This is not a community on the RPF this is a single thread on the RPF. The thing is, you don't draw lines! The whole point of this site is to push people to get better and better at what they are working on. Even if someones is 10 times better, that makes the other strive for something. Are you really afraid of someone doing better than you?

This is still early days of the thread as it is, but if we get to the point where people redesign the same book cover 5, 10 different times, I'm not going to post them all. Simple as that..

88 pages does not make early days. As for the same book cover 5-10 times, who really gives a crap? People may find one they like better than the other. As for you not posting them all, YOU really don't get to make that decision! Simple as that!

Sorry if I sound like a be-yotch, but I still run the thread =| and I'd prefer no duplicates. Not to say I won't take them as of now, but in the future I may not.

Sigh.....here I go......

How dare you say you run a thread. you are not a mod, you are a little girl that has a huge head cause a bunch of Fanboys are fawning over your artwork.

What do you mean "take them as of now"? I can make a replica and post it in here if I want and you couldn't do a damn thing about it!

Your self entitlement, because you started a thread on a public message board is astounding!

The whole point of the RPF was to challenge people to make things, they can't find anywhere else. The reason so many of us old-timers keep getting our panties in a knot, is because of posts like yours. How about instead of micro managing this thread, you let people get on with they want to do. You know build and make stuff.

Are you afraid someone will knock it out of the ballpark and take the accolades away from you?

I would have thought you realized that you are just a regular member when the staff made you take out your name on the original thread.

Anyone here still reading this, that wants to make something that is already in here, OR anywhere else on this site, have at it!

It is the only way any of us will get better at what we love to do.

Bitter old RPF'er

Pat

whoa dude, I think someone needs to calm down. Hinky and everyone on this thread is amazing and you have no right to come here talking about people like that.

As a member of this site, I have every right to say what I feel in this thread, dude.

I find her tone about this being "Her thread" and "her community" a bit condesending and rude.

This whole place is about helping and showing off what you can do, and for her to say she will stop and not post peoples work(which she can't do) is RUDE.

People work just as hard if not more than anyone in this thread, and I find it disgusting, that someone would shoot down peoples ideas and work.

Well, I think its rude you to come on this thread and say that. Technically it is her thread because she started it, even if her name is no longer in the title. I haven't seen where she refused to post people's work at all. and if Hinky was accidentally rude, she apologized. She does not shoot down people's ideas or work. I see that you are the only one that has come here complaining about this stuff. No one else has.

No, I am just the first to do so. So she started the thread? If she would have looked further, she would have seen multiple threads on Harry Potter already.

As for her not squashing ideas:

Originally Posted by zanoninho
i'm doing the ''standart book of spells'' pages.. when it's ready i'll put here!!
The Standard Book of Spells is already finished

SQUASHED!

Also not having the same things blah blah blah, SQUASHING!

I never said her work wasn't good, but to only have one of each thing? Again, the whole idea of this site, is to push the boundaries, and keep going further.

I would've thought it obvious that she started it seeing as she has the first post on page 1. Honestly. and if you would look at the responses to what you wrote, she apologized and said that she was just telling them it was already done just to let them know. And as Albus Dumbledore said "accidental rudeness occurs alarmingly often". Also, no one is stopping anyone from going anywhere. The members here continue to make amazing things and no one is stopping them.

Yeah I realized she started this thread, as for "accidental rudeness occurs alarmingly often", go back and check the post before mine!

@AJ23 - There wasnt a back cover for it. The old man happened to come in the same package as the guy on the front cover so I just tossed him on there.

What do you mean not "run the way this one is"? This is not a community on the RPF this is a single thread on the RPF. The thing is, you don't draw lines! The whole point of this site is to push people to get better and better at what they are working on. Even if someones is 10 times better, that makes the other strive for something. Are you really afraid of someone doing better than you?

Actually this is the only one run like this. If you can locate another thread where the original poster edits the main thread to host everyones work, I'd like you to prove me wrong, and show it to me.

88 pages does not make early days. As for the same book cover 5-10 times, who really gives a crap? People may find one they like better than the other. As for you not posting them all, YOU really don't get to make that decision! Simple as that!

Actually I'm the one that edits the first thread.. so technically its all about ME posting it.. unless BFD happens to post it, which sometimes happen. If people want to do it 5-10 times then I dont care, I never actually said "hey, don't redesign things people have already done." I do believe what I was getting at was "hey, if you notice it, its already been done, are you sure you want to do it". And the thread is only 5 months old. You also mentioned something about "had I looked further I would have seen multiple threads on Harry Potter." Please check the first sentence on the first post. I've contributed over 100 free paper props, and I needed a place to put all my stuff.

How dare you say you run a thread. you are not a mod, you are a little girl that has a huge head cause a bunch of Fanboys are fawning over your artwork.

I think most of the thread visitors are female.

What do you mean "take them as of now"? I can make a replica and post it in here if I want and you couldn't do a damn thing about it!

This is true... but theres a point to this thread that I think you might miss. All artwork that enters this thread goes on the front page. A front page I work really hard on, and that I work on out of the kindness of my heart. I don't have to do it. I do it, because this IS a community whether you think so or not, and these are my friends.

Your self entitlement, because you started a thread on a public message board is astounding!

I do a lot of work on this thread.. I think I earned my right to be Queen.

The whole point of the RPF was to challenge people to make things, they can't find anywhere else. The reason so many of us old-timers keep getting our panties in a knot, is because of posts like yours. How about instead of micro managing this thread, you let people get on with they want to do. You know build and make stuff.

When this thread was brought back the way it was, it was under the condition that I did micromanage it. Hence... once again... the fact that I place everything on the front page. As an old timer, you would know that this thread generally wouldn't be allowed... its one thread per movie. This is the exception. And I've never once said "hey don't design that." If you see my later post, I apologized for the way I replied.. new people log into this thread daily and most of them don't realize all the content is on page 1.

Are you afraid someone will knock it out of the ballpark and take the accolades away from you?

Nope.. I'm still the only one that can edit the first post. And also for the record, I didn't even design the book we were talking about.

I would have thought you realized that you are just a regular member when the staff made you take out your name on the original thread.

You weren't in the conversation with the mods and I and it had nothing to do with me being a regular member. We changed the title because people would hop onto the thread and were confused because they weren't sure if it was strictly my work or not.

I do believe you were the one that appeared on the thread asking if you could post.... If you remember, I said that you could, and that I welcomed it. Because I said that, an argument ensued.

Anyone here still reading this, that wants to make something that is already in here, OR anywhere else on this site, have at it!

It is the only way any of us will get better at what we love to do.

Bitter old RPF'er

Pat

Once again, I never stated they cant redo anything. I just said I didn't want tons of different copies on the front page.

Last edited:
And Gryffindor1991, thank you so much. Very very much appreciated :) Any requests youd like done? Whatever you want, will be first on my list after the movie is over.

first of all i'm sorry if i write something wrong but there are so many greedy people around who take money for a piece of paper. in this website even there are many harry potter prop designer (now i am especially talking about paper props) they want lots of money to share their works. but what i learned when i was a kid was that: children must share their toys! in this thread 'children' share their 'toys' with one another freely! and starter of this thread is hinkypunk and most of the artworks belong to her. she is the most generous person on this thread. she could have decided to sell her designs on ebay just like many greedy people do. but no she prefers to share her toys here wth us, she makes our days brilliant. personally sometimes i try to find sources for help her. unfortunately i can't design things on pc like her, so thats all i can do. for example bfd also generously shares his designs here with us and supports her with that. there are other artists also share their works and i am grateful to all of them. and many other people motivates her with compliments bcoz probably thats all they can do. bcoz designing something on computer demands on graphic design education or ability or both. so while there are so many greedy people around and she is that much generous, nobody has right to criticize her rudely like that. i support her bcoz she is really generous and spends her time for making all these props. by the way, i am not a male!!!

Last edited:
I think patsmear ought to be reported to Mods or somthing. what horrible things to say!

the people on this thread all are very, very generous, and Hinky has been asking for people to submit their things to the front page. I joined after the thread was re-formed, but I read through the WHOLE THING (about 65 pages at that point!) so I have some sense of it's history. i bet patsmear hasn't read any of it!

with all the work Hinky has done, and for being so genourous, I would say she deserves some special treatment (BTW, I'm a girl too!)

I dont think mods will be necessary. To me this just seems like it blew out of proportion unnecessarily. I probably should have reworded my first post better, but at the time I was on a 10 minute "lunch" at work and I wanted to reply.

Pat was offended and that happens... hes said his piece and maybe it'll all blow over. I don't want to see the thread closed down again, so lets hope that everyone has said what was on their minds and we can go back to more important things.

LIKE THE FACT THAT THERES ONLY 7 MORE DAYS TIL THE MOVIE AAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

You present some good points and I agree that Hinky is certainly very generous but I would dispute the label of 'greedy' about other prop makers who sell their work. In making accurate replicas costs are probable, commercial fonts, clipart books, printing costs, other material costs etc not to mention the time and effort put in, so would you agree it's only fair for them to charge?

erm what i mean is... for example:

HARRY POTTER Deathly Hallow Daily Prophet Newspaper DMS | eBay UK

oh my god £23 for a piece of paper? isnt it greediness? personally if i make something like that, i would share it here freely unless i post it as an item. erm i mean that for example if i design a book cover, i can share here with people freely but if i print it on a real book of course that would cost. but certainly not 23 pound!!! bcoz to buy an old book is about 1-2 pound, printing costs etc oh and lets put 5 for the effort! bcoz this is something you can sell over and over. bcoz you design it 1 time later all you have to do is to print and post it. authors write books, they spend their whole life for this and they sell each copy for 15-20 dollars!!! how can it be 23 pounds? it is more expensive even than a harry potter book! :rolleyes oh my god. so all i am trying to say is that to share designs here freely is generosity but to sell them for a price like above is a little greediness (for my mind)... oh but i am certainly talking about paper props. lemonlemonuk for example you have your quidditch teams of england and ireland. you shared it with us generously and i am very very thankful for it, it is one of the best designs for me, it will be replaced at the best place of my library soon :love you share your toy here with us, so i appreciate it. roughly speaking thats all i am trying to say, oh i can't express myself rightly sometimes :confused​

Last edited:
I do a lot of work on this thread.. I think I earned my right to be Queen.

Your Highness,

Wow, you are simply amazing. I really cannot believe how highly you think of yourself for starting a thread. Your work is great and appreciated, but realize this is a community and you do not have the right to chose what is posted and when it is posted. If someone wants to post in this thread or in any other part of this forum they have every right to do so.

All bow down to the wonderful and sharing Queen!

I am glad you have given yourself this wonderful title. Queen Hinkypunk has a great ring to it.

I do appreciate all the work that everyone has put into this thread. I do not appreciate your self-righteous attitude.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back