Harry Potter free paper props - all movies and more!

OWLs Exam Booklet

I was looking through a copy of harry Potter Film Wizardry the other day and noticed a couple of very small pictures of the OWL exam on the pages for The Great Hall.

One picture showed the OWL exam with 3 "wings" as well as a very small picture of the exam all folded up with a CONFIDENTIAL stamp across it.

I checked the OWL exam scene in the movie and sure enough all the exams had the "wings".

So...I thought I would create the wing pages for the great OWL page Hinkypunk provided.

Attached are a couple of pictures of the very rough first draft just to get sizing and configuration setup. It actually came out reasonably screen accurate. Just needs a little more tweaking.

If someone who has the book would be so kind as to provide hi-res scans of the two photos so I can confirm final font and placement i would greatly appreciate it.

By the way, do people generally feel this is the proper thread to post paper props other than ones made by Hinkypunk? The reason I ask is I have recently posted several items and have received no feedback on them.

Either people don't care for what I'm sharing or it's the wrong thread.

cheers :cheers

bfd

Every post here is appreciated. I think we have grown to expect great things and may not always react to them. Your props are very much appreciated....Thank You.

hey there Barneyrfd, you hard word is appreciated by me and probably everyone else that reads this thread. so keep up the great work, even though most of the viewers stay quite.

Hi Barneyrfd,
I have really enjoyed your work and I appologize for not acknowledging your posts up til now :$
I am just blown away by the talent on this thread and I am greatful to be able to be a part of the conversation and be a recipient of everyone's generousity.
Again, thank you so much :)
PS. I never noticed the wings before on the exam. I will have to take a look. I have the book but no way to contribute a high res pic as I don't own a scanner :cry

Thanks everybody for the compliments and encouragement.

I'm normally a silent member as well. Just lately I've felt I have something to contribute so I have.

I wasn't trying to be a cry baby in my last post looking for stroking. I just wanted to make sure that I was posting to an appropriate thread. Looks like I am so I will keep posting and sharing.

For me this is a great hobby and I see no sense in replicating these props just to keep to myself.

It's good to share.

bfd

Hi Barney. You weren't being a cry baby and I didn't take your post as being that. I did realize in myself though that I didn't take the time to be appreciative and I wanted to rectify that for myself :)
One of the best things of being part of a group is sharing. I am hoping that I will have something to contribute soon too. I unfortunately don't have any computer programs that will allow me to do graphics at the moment so I am very grateful to those that do and are willing to share their hard work with me.
Linda

Thanks for the picture JamesDragon its helps me finalize Wing 1. I had to make a guess at some of the fonts, line spacing and plaacement from a pretty blurry image and recollection.

I did not know a copy of the Wing 1 sheet was in Hermione's artifact box!

Now all I need a shot of the closed exam and I can finish it up. ( Anyone...anyone...Buller??)

Basically the closed package will be a square 8" x 8". with Wing 1 is the longest wing at about 17" opened up. Of course the whole thing could be scaled down as desired to fit wherever.

bfd

Barney, I love your props too and appreciate your contributions!

Does anybody know how I can easily make my own house banners? They can be cloth or paper, but I can't find hi-res images of the crests to print large. Has anyone done these before? I don't want to spend $50+ on eBay for them just for one party.

@Barneyrfd The exam wings are looking great so far, can't wait to see them when they are finished.

Also found this, it shows some paper props but the one that caught my interest is the leaflet about the O.W.L's, it appears to be a guide for students split up into each subject

Harry Potter Exhibit by agroffman, on Flickr

Also, there is a copy of the 'Quidditch teams of England and Ireland' the Revised Edition I think it should really be 'Great Britain and Ireland', looks pretty cool, you can also make out a bit of the spine.

IMG_0892 by mrkos66, on Flickr

Barney, thanks so much for the images of crests!
Woozelmom, thank you for the link to the stencils. That is a good idea too!

I love these pictures of the HP exhibit. See the Ministry of Magic paper airplanes? Does anybody know the instructions for folding these? I have tried to make one using a classic dart and it looks OK, but the real ones are folded in a way I have never seen before. I have searched instructables online to no avail. See how at the end it forms a triangle? I can't find a pattern for anything like that.

@norbert - slowly but surely. Had a very busy, very strange weekend

The poll is officially over and it looks like 'everything' won. I'm actually kind of glad too.

That being said, starting TODAY I'm watching Sorcerer's Stone and taking screen grabs of any paper props I can find. I will not be doing the envelopes since Barney has already been so kind to distribute all of those but anything else is up for grabs.

To all my lovely google searcher people, if you find anything related to Sorcerer's Stone, post it on here. Lets find everything we can!!!

terryhimself said:
Every post here is appreciated. I think we have grown to expect great things and may not always react to them. Your props are very much appreciated....Thank You.

breen2057 said:
hey there Barneyrfd, you hard word is appreciated by me and probably everyone else that reads this thread. so keep up the great work, even though most of the viewers stay quite.

I agree with these folks, Barney....your work is also appreciated by many of us here (as are the other contributors). :cool

The spirit of sharing is what makes the RPF, and this thread in particular, so special.
Rob

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back