Halcyon Alien Queen

Nekromantik

Hi people!
Im a huge Alien and Predator fan although lean more towards Aliens.
I just bought a built 1/12 scale Halcyon Alien Queen for $75.
She is painted grey for some strange reason. What do you guys think?

YB6yN.jpg

awesome kit,but must paint correct colour.

Thanks!
I wont be able to get it painted for a while as atm I cannot afford to hire a painter but rest assured she will get painted correct color.
Do you think $75 is worth it for her in that colour or do you think I over paid?

I always wondered why the queen alien had high heel feet ? Kit is nice tho. McFarlanes Queen is painted a similar color.

~CYCLONE_06

now in aliens she did have a little brown in there didn't she? all the aliens were brown, or, most of em right?did a black and blue queen birth a bunch o' little brown aliens? that's a springer story if i ever heard one, anyway, i'll have to go back and check i suppose.

nice grab by the way, a little love and it will be an awesome piece. so i guess for scale we can just use that generally sized SOCO bottle eh? and thats with it crouched all the way down, nice :D

now in aliens she did have a little brown in there didn't she? all the aliens were brown, or, most of em right?did a black and blue queen birth a bunch o' little brown aliens? that's a springer story if i ever heard one, anyway, i'll have to go back and check i suppose.

nice grab by the way, a little love and it will be an awesome piece. so i guess for scale we can just use that generally sized SOCO bottle eh? and thats with it crouched all the way down, nice :D

It might just be a angle of the picture as I hears its around 12" but Im hoping for 14". The actual queen in the movie was 15 foot which is 180 inches so 1/12 of that is 15" which is 3" shorter. So not very accurate if its only 12".

As for brown Im not sure, I only seen black and blue in the behind the scenes stuff. Hard to tell in the actual movie.

Hey, yes i know a couple good pro painters on here.
Yeah Hellonearth, the Queen did have some brown in her but its so subtle its hardly noticable :) It was mostly the warriors that had that look though.
They had this really awesome copper-bache highlights to them...heres a few reference photos i have:

64372_152172138151795_130940650274944_222390_2520789_n.jpg

007b-lg.jpg

007a-lg.jpg

248382_208146062554402_130940650274944_492380_1903763_n.jpg

Thats a sweet model! The grey color looks neat though (nice contrast). But for accurate color i'd look at some of the Aliens dvd special features where they show the huge queen suit/puppet along with the miniature one for BEST color refence. And you got some good refence shots via drone from Wolf Predator 1 above too :)

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back