Guess what we're building now! (pics)

Re: Guess what we're building now! (pics) SOLVED!

Earth vs. The Flying Saucers?

One of the aliens' suit helmets?

WINNER!
earthflyingb.jpg

Huzzah!

You guys are making the whole suit? Wow.

I'd love to see this at a con - there's one you don't see every day :)

-MJ

Huzzah!

You guys are making the whole suit? Wow.

I'd love to see this at a con - there's one you don't see every day :)

-MJ

Yeah, we're making a few of these to walk around in at D*Con to promote our vendor table. Even got the voice distorter hooked to speekers in the suits so when we walk around....

"People of Dragon Con attention...people of Dragon Con attention...for the best prices in the galaxy goto J & J Movie Props..."

I know, silly right? But we have fun and really thats all we care about :lol
When we're not usen them they'll be on display there with our original movie poster from it.

So I guess this just turned into a "WIP" thread :p wish I knew how to change titles !

"Yeah, we're making a few of these to walk around in at D*Con to promote our vendor table. Even got the voice distorter hooked to speekers in the suits so when we walk around....

"People of Dragon Con attention...people of Dragon Con attention...for the best prices in the galaxy goto J & J Movie Props..."

I know, silly right? But we have fun and really thats all we care about :lol
When we're not usen them they'll be on display there with our original movie poster from it."

Awesome :lol

A ref pic I happen to have handy. :)

I rented this a few weeks ago thru iTunes, and you have the option of a 'moderate' HD rental. I think it's out on blu-ray, too.

Last edited:
I wasn't sure how big it was until now. Hard to judge scale on a featureless blob.

It looks like a clam ate your head :lol

Looks great so far - good luck! :)

-MJ

This is shaping up nicely.
I saw this movie for the first time a few weeks ago on TCM.
Really cool.
Ray Harryhausen was such a master.

Does anyone know what that device is that is on the table, in the foreground in the photo in post 28?

It was in "Forbidden Planet", "The Man From U.N.C.L.E.", "I Spy", and Lord knows what else. In TMFU episodes they had it powered, and the white tubes on the side were lighted.

David.

It's a prop from out of The Undersea Kingdom. It was not in Forbidden Planet.

It was in "Forbidden Planet", it is in the background during the Klystron Frequency Modulator scene. It is on a tall tripod and has a large clear dish on it. Mr Day, you are the person that told me what it was on the All Sci-Fi Board.

David.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back