Done / Completed Guardians of the Galaxy : Starlord Gravity Mine and Infinity Orb

PM sent got three hinges here for you.

Hey guys,
To everyone that got my v2 .. is there anybody who didn't use their hinge piece?

I'm missing only one hinge for someone .. and my mold is dead so I can't cast another from it! If you got the v2 hinges, and for some reason, didn't use them, please let me know, I'm ready to buy them back from you so I can send them along with the last set I have.

PM me ASAP!

BigTurc package sent off to your friend earlier. Tracking info sent to you also. Will post pics of our Gravity Mine with the Soulinteria LED hinges when they get here. Both are awesome wonderful sellers. PLEASE take all my monies please :) This is a worthy addition to your GOTG Star Lord replica cosplay or display piece. I plan to take ours to the conventions too!

Thanks for your confidence Will!!

The hinge mold is now dead! So that run is officially over once I've sold the last 2x v1 sets!

Bigturc has given me permission to offer a translucent cast of his V1 hinges with the SMD unit embedded. I'm offering these as a set of 3 for $60 shipped within the USA, (overseas will pay actual shipping). We have agreed upon a royalty that I will forward to him with each order received. These are self contained units that need to be activated individually with a twist action on the back. Each will come with a base coat of black paint, but you'll need to add additional coats of paint to completely block out the light as needed and finish/weather them to your liking. Please note, I did not intend on selling these when I started, so I did not take the time to make a perfect mold. There will be some bubbles and anomalies. The casts will not be to the high standard of quality that Bigturc has put into his original offerings. With that said, if you would like a set send me a PM. :cheers

20150509_153404.jpg

20150509_153419.jpg

20150509_154016.jpg

Last edited:
That's an excellent offer @Soulinertia

I could go by with it, but I will pass on this one. I'm actually more interested on how did you manage to get the copper tubes precisely to the screen movie one. If you please, can you share the work behind it as well @Soulinertia

@Johnnyfl used resistors attached together, excellent work over there!

Last edited:
That's an excellent offer @Soulinertia

I could go by with it, but I will pass on this one. I'm actually more interested on how did you manage to get the copper tubes precisely to the screen movie one. If you please, can you share the work behind it as well @Soulinertia

@Johnnyfl used resistors attached together, excellent work over there!

Thank you very much kind sir! :thumbsup

Bigturc has given me permission to offer a translucent cast of his V1 hinges with the SMD unit embedded. I'm offering these as a set of 3 for $60 shipped within the USA, (overseas will pay actual shipping). We have agreed upon a royalty that I will forward to him with each order received. These are self contained units that need to be activated individually with a twist action on the back. Each will come with a base coat of black paint, but you'll need to add additional coats of paint to completely block out the light as needed and finish/weather them to your liking. Please note, I did not intend on selling these when I started, so I did not take the time to make a perfect mold. There will be some bubbles and anomalies. The casts will not be to the high standard of quality that Bigturc has put into his original offerings. With that said, if you would like a set send me a PM. :cheers

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f33/GirlsofComicCon08/Mobile Uploads/20150509_153404.jpg

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f33/GirlsofComicCon08/Mobile Uploads/20150509_153419.jpg

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f33/GirlsofComicCon08/Mobile Uploads/20150509_154016.jpg

Hi Soul, If tubes were used instead of rods to connect the hinges, wouldn't it be possible to run wires through these from each light to a switch so that you could turn all of them on and off together. Just a thought......cheers John

Hi Soul, If tubes were used instead of rods to connect the hinges, wouldn't it be possible to run wires through these from each light to a switch so that you could turn all of them on and off together. Just a thought......cheers John

To create a circuit like that you would need a larger power source.

That would need to be housed in one of the flaps and then we are talking about a whole new mold with new casts. It would also be far more complicated with multiple solder points and the possibility of those contacts breaking with multiple pivot points. The hinges I'm offering have completely self contained units embedded. It's a much simpler design. If you are feeling ambitious though, You can hack the mod and wire them up together. It's certainly possible!

To create a circuit like that you would need a larger power source.

That would need to be housed in one of the flaps and then we are talking about a whole new mold with new casts. It would also be far more complicated with multiple solder points and the possibility of those contacts breaking with multiple pivot points. The hinges I'm offering have completely self contained units embedded. It's a much simpler design. If you are feeling ambitious though, You can hack the mod and wire them up together. It's certainly possible!

Johnny,
My first thought was to switch the hinge rods to brass tubing so that wires would actually run through them. So from hinge through rid to the next hinge through rod etc ... Then figure a way to have that switch somewhere along the way.

That would be much much easier than running those wires through the greeblies on top.

My 0.02$

Johnny,
My first thought was to switch the hinge rods to brass tubing so that wires would actually run through them. So from hinge through rid to the next hinge through rod etc ... Then figure a way to have that switch somewhere along the way.

That would be much much easier than running those wires through the greeblies on top.

My 0.02$

Yeah that was what I was thinking. I am going to grab some of Souls lit hinges and play around with them. I am very happy with the mine as it is with the great castings you produced, but I just want to see if I can take it to the next level. If I get it all to work OK I will post some further pics in due course. John

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back