Grogu doll and bust sculpts for 3D printing

I have a few I’ll dig up tmr and post them.
Okay so I used Vallejo’s basic USA set for the eyes. The head has 3-4 coats of filler primer, 3M air dry green putty, tamiya fine primer then Montana rattle can (forgetting the pink salmon and light green color names) because I don’t have an airbrush and Montana has different caps so you can get more control of the paint placement. Then I used the Vallejo set for the details, highlights etc.

The eyes I penciled in the iris and pupil outline. The eye was painted by hand with a brush. Laid in the white of the eye with pure white then the pupil with pure black. Then blacked in the iris and faded out the black as I approached the pupil. Then I used a combo of the Vallejo buff, brown, orange, white and ‘flesh’ for the iris along with Vallejo medium thinner and water. I approached painting with a glazing technique and multiple light coats layered. Mixing colors by eye (bah dum chsssssh) as I went. Then I used an old tattoo flash technique of spit shading a black wash from the outer rim of the iris in towards the pupil to knock the color down until the eyes looked normal and not creepy.
I used a very light black and white grey mix thinned way down to knock the white of the eyes down, then a pink salmon I made with the red, orange and white to lay in the veins and the rim of the eyelids. It was all topped off with a thin coat of smooth-on’s 3D print smoothing resin (it’s good but chips easily I’m finding and will probably switch to their more flexible resin if I end up doing a run of these as I also coated the nails on the hand and feet with it as well).

89349E7F-E089-4C04-A2F6-6993893F6C85.jpeg
A3397A12-51FB-47CA-8A62-E8EE636ADFC9.jpeg
EDAF7C20-B67D-440F-A27B-ADC9C93FAE83.jpeg

1FB28BDB-AD3F-44F4-9D56-FD31D3CCED5D.jpeg

Last edited:
Hello

Very nice work that you have just done, I am following your work with great attention!
I can't find the fabrics to make the coat, you have the exact references so that I can buy them at the nearest store, or on the internet!
Thank you

Hello

Very nice work that you have just done, I am following your work with great attention!
I can't find the fabrics to make the coat, you have the exact references so that I can buy them at the nearest store, or on the internet!
Thank you

Hello

Thank you
Hey there,

Here is what I used.
https://www.joann.com/jo-ann-stores-duck-canvas-fabric/3528007.html
Khaki color is what I grabbed I believe.

I believe it was the camel color here as well.

good morning or find your tube to attach them to the arms and legs. do you have a brand, a link, etc.
Tu devrais experimenter avec une variété de fils de fer. Porte-manteau en métal ou ceux utilisés par le nettoyage à sec.
Les magasins de poupées ont, eux aussi, du matos pour ce genre de projet.

If you scroll to the top of this page (page #2) I have pictures of how I did the eyes and a breakdown of the paint colors used.

In the plans you got on Etsy from me there’s a center armature piece you print that all the armature wire from the head, arms and legs plugs into that acts as an anchor at the center of the chest inside the cloth body.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back