Graflex 2.0 Sabers - Show your work / Talk Electronics

Finally! A decent chamber crystal. Send this seller a message if you buy through them and tell them to get as close to 11mm x 35mm as possible. They very graciously did for me :)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271954962206?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

IMG_20160719_141028649.jpg

The Graflex Shop is shipping their new more accurate red buttons... yummy... :):

View attachment 647219

All I see on their site is the red thumbscrew version that they have had for years. I know the red plastic part of the button is more accurate than Parks but that is nothing new. Is that all you were referring to or do they have a new product? ARKM likes new products. :)

All I see on their site is the red thumbscrew version that they have had for years. I know the red plastic part of the button is more accurate than Parks but that is nothing new. Is that all you were referring to or do they have a new product? ARKM likes new products. :)

Oh, totally new product, baby... a more... bakelite-type...

Yeah, that's all I could find was the page for the normal red button thumbscrew. You must have some inside information, lol.

Dunno', man... they got 'em in stock... got mine today and I was on a no-crap waiting list for the upgraded units to come in for a minute... I would say... buy now. :/

The red button and glass eye on TCSS fit the 2.0 kit "out of box," do they not? I've seen some people mention grinding down the length, but otherwise it fits as-is?

The red button and glass eye on TCSS fit the 2.0 kit "out of box," do they not? I've seen some people mention grinding down the length, but otherwise it fits as-is?
Yessir. You have to trim down the length of the screw, but they retrofit quite nicely.

the three on the left are THUMBSCREWS in this pic
button_00lg.jpg
the one on the right is a BUTTON
the next pic is also a BUTTON
DSC00315.JPG
they are asking you if yours is a thumbscrew or a button you have there...
if you have the electronic version graflex with a blade holder i would surmise it is a thumbscrew and the graflex shop does not have buttons for sale.

Last edited:
the three on the left are THUMBSCREWS in this pic
View attachment 649020
the one on the right is a BUTTON
the next pic is also a BUTTON
View attachment 649021
they are asking you if yours is a thumbscrew or a button you have there...
if you have the electronic version graflex with a blade holder i would surmise it is a thumbscrew and the graflex shop does not have buttons for sale.

Ahhh... very good. The new replica red buttons TGS has in stock are definitely thumbscrews. My build is an ANH so I have bubble strip activation. The thumbscrew serves as a blade retention screw. Interestingly enough though, I just checked and both red button and glass eye holes on the 2.0 hilt are threaded so vintage or Parks v1 parts would screw right on... pretty cool.

Thanks! Unfortunately, it looks like TCSS is back to being sold out. :lol Know if the ones on the Graflex Shop fit the 2.0 as they are, those or the glass eye?

Both from The Graflex Shop are 10-32 thumbscrews so they will screw into the blade holder (not the Graflex body itself) just like the ones that come with the Graflex 2.0. Interestingly enough though, the top button in the Graflex 2.0 screws into the Graflex body like a vintage one would.

So my Allen wrench seems to have stripped the small screws that attach the body to the grenade. Does anyone know which of the screws on TCSS would be suitable replacements? Sadly don't have the measurements on hand, so I'm just sort of shooting blindly like a Stormtrooper between a couple of options. (in the meantime, I've switched from an Allen wrench to a torx screw bit; while T6 works on one, I've had to force a T7 bit to turn the others).

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/2-56-Button-Head-Screw-P839.aspx

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/4-40-Button-Head-P625.aspx

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/8-32-x-14-button-head-screw--P179.aspx

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back