Graflex 2.0 Sabers - Show your work / Talk Electronics

Apologies if there is another thread more appropriate for my question. I searched and didn't find a conspicuous one that wasn't super old, and I didn't wanna make a new thread for such a straightforward Graflex question.

In short, got my kits this weekend. In all, super happy. One of the two is virtually perfect. The 2nd has slight tarnishing on the clamp. Emailed Randy and he said it's been thing of late. TCSS even mentions scuffs and whatnot on their site. Before I even think of troubling him for a replacement, I wanna try to tackle this. If needed, roughing this one up even more and making it my TFA hilt is an option.

I have: Mother's Mag polish, several Dremel polish wheels (research shows divide between greatness and it leaves polish circles), sandpaper between 150 and 320 grit, and I'm willing to try anything homemade to clean. Any tips would be appreciated!

I have the same clamp issue. I don't remember where I read it, some people are just wet sanding it. However, someone went to far and damaged the clamp. I heard someone else use Nevr-Dull and that worked. I'm going to go that route when I get around back to this project.

I have a slight faded looking spot near the box area. I gathered that Roy's clamp won't work with the 2.0 so I haven't gone that route. I might try and polish it with some stuff I used to use on my exhaust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a slight faded looking spot near the box area. I gathered that Roy's clamp won't work with the 2.0 so I haven't gone that route. I might try and polish it with some stuff I used to use on my exhaust.

Has anyone tried using Roy's clamp on the 2.0? I was thinking about doing that for my ANH version to have the GRAFLEX logo across it.

Let us know if polishing the clamp works and what you used as I have the faded area near the control box as well.

Thanks

KR sabers plug arrived. Real nice.

307254af260e112f655a45cb6fda84f3.jpg
33a7c4edb046d4c00be8a3ee574be92e.jpg

Has anyone been able to successfully fit the 28mm bass speaker from CSS in their 2.0 build? I couldn't get the chassis to close all the way without the speaker buzzing and now I'm having to switch out for the premium speaker... sucks...

just a few quick questions for you guys, as I am really interested in getting a 2.0 too :)

- I have ZERO electronics/soldering experience, would I struggle with this? (I want to build it into full FX mode)
- is there any one-stop-shop which I can buy everything from? (I live in Australia, so postage would be a killer, hopefully buying from one place might help)
- are the blade/tube purpose made? or are they generic plastic tubes that I would I be able to find substitute/equivalent in my local hardware store? (again, I am guessing shipping a blade to Australia would be expensive)
- besides the cost of the hilt, how much should I expect to spend on everything else? (from my rough count on the parts posted so far, looks like I will be spending around $300 to $400 before postage?)

thx everyone :)

Has anyone been able to successfully fit the 28mm bass speaker from CSS in their 2.0 build? I couldn't get the chassis to close all the way without the speaker buzzing and now I'm having to switch out for the premium speaker... sucks...

I have the bass speaker installed...no buzzing. Did you push the speaker in far enough? I don't have a clearance issue with the crystal chamber part. Got all the wiring stuffed behind the speaker also....think if you can get that speaker pushed back you'll be fine.

As for the one stop shop...thecustomsabershop has most everything you could need chassis and all if you just want basic discs. Which can work just fine and save you a butt load. As the chassis a lot of us used is semi pricey and a tight fit.

On the blade plug you have to use a 7/8 if you use the stock blade holder.

Does anyone know the diameter of the brass pins? At work and have access to the 3d printer. Figured I'd try making a tool. Not sure what the hex diameter is.

Shoot2thrill468 drilled out a tool for that. Don't remember the exact size... :

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLc7OLqR4JyCxhENVCg9YrOJA_fYW4Do59

I just used needle-nosed pliers VERY carefully...

I may go that route. I have a 1/8 hex driver, and I was unable to drill into it at all. My 3D printed tool also didn't turn out high res enough.

It's 1/8". I bought a 1/8 socket off the net ('cause you won't find them in ANY hardware store) and it fits perfectly.

By chance know the brand and model? Curious to know if it was deep enough as it was w/o modification.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back