GI JOE 2: Retaliation: Snake Eyes Costume Info Thread

I also think we're breaking new ground with this product line. In the case of GI JOE, we're not exclusive to leather or biker suits...the goods we're producing are Movie Replica Uniforms...so they're essentially bang on replicas of what's to come on film. Not costumes, but uniforms...and yes, there will be body armor included in what we deem to be appropriate styles and designs for riding.

David

SOLD!!!

I'd wear the hell out of this thing for paintballing:lol

Last edited:
I don't about the rest of the film but the costume designer should get some serious awards. Cobra Commander and Snake Eyes look fantastic.

The red "training session" costume reminds me of one of the Ani-Matrix stories.

Agreed, those are some sweet costumes and make a rock solid transfer from comic book to film. I'm really excited about the movie and very glad UD is working the costume aspect for us geeks;)

Here is a large image I just found this evening. REALLY want to do this suit!
04_SnakeEyes.jpg

^
Looking at the above pic and seeing all the detail on the jacket, I'm so psyched to see it done in form molded leather by UD. Also....that helmet, my gawd thats the perfect iteration of Snake Eyes...kudos to the costume designers!

Anyone know any good snake eyes katana replicas? I cant find any that I like

I went through the same dilemma.

I ended up getting two different ones to serve two different purposes.

I got the Snake Eyes Blade of Justice costume sword by Disguise ($12) to use for safe costuming photo ops at Cons. Its a pretty decent looking but quite short at 31inches long. The handle is the right length but the blade is very short. Good if you are around a large group of people and don't want to accidentally poke someone. the tsuba on it is very loosely attached but easily remedied with some glue on it to keep it from being so wobble prone.

The other one I got is just listed as "Black Snake Eyes Samurai Katana Full Tang Ninja Sword" ($27) and has no manufacturer mark, just sold as Made in China. Its a VERY cheap sword but it looks decent and I figure I would use it to just wear on my back when in Snake Eyes gear or drawn for photo shoots. Its a sharpened blade but the balance is horrible. Extreme wall-hanger territory for this one but it isn't even pretty enough for that! ahha

imageywwu.jpg

I'm sure that since Retaliation has come out that some sword manufacturers will be making a better version of both of Snake Eyes' Swords. His normal polished blade Arashikage sword and the Black Blade of Justice Sword....at least, I hope someone does.

Has anyone got any tips on how to design an helm WITHOUT Pepakura?

I want to design and build an airsoft usable helm inspired by snake eyes with a wire mesh face plate and mesh visor, but I don't have the budget to get the full effect I want.

To get the perfect fit I keep thinking about making a lattice frame of plasticard directly fitted to my head... taking it off and skinning it after.

Has anyone else tried this approach?

^
Looking at the above pic and seeing all the detail on the jacket, I'm so psyched to see it done in form molded leather by UD. Also....that helmet, my gawd thats the perfect iteration of Snake Eyes...kudos to the costume designers!

I went through the same dilemma.

I ended up getting two different ones to serve two different purposes.

I got the Snake Eyes Blade of Justice costume sword by Disguise ($12) to use for safe costuming photo ops at Cons. Its a pretty decent looking but quite short at 31inches long. The handle is the right length but the blade is very short. Good if you are around a large group of people and don't want to accidentally poke someone. the tsuba on it is very loosely attached but easily remedied with some glue on it to keep it from being so wobble prone.

The other one I got is just listed as "Black Snake Eyes Samurai Katana Full Tang Ninja Sword" ($27) and has no manufacturer mark, just sold as Made in China. Its a VERY cheap sword but it looks decent and I figure I would use it to just wear on my back when in Snake Eyes gear or drawn for photo shoots. Its a sharpened blade but the balance is horrible. Extreme wall-hanger territory for this one but it isn't even pretty enough for that! ahha

imageywwu.jpg

I'm sure that since Retaliation has come out that some sword manufacturers will be making a better version of both of Snake Eyes' Swords. His normal polished blade Arashikage sword and the Black Blade of Justice Sword....at least, I hope someone does.

I was wondering how hard it would be to convert a cheap samurai sword into a Snake Eyes prop sword. The most important piece is the blade but how difficult would it be to remove the wrapped handle and replace it with one like these above, possibly made from aluminum or carved wood?

Last edited:
I want to make this suit so bad... it so cool...

I wanted to contribute to the effort and I found the belt, its called the Pantel Tactical Cobra Riggers Belt for about 60 dollars

Also for the MP7 mounts, the G-Code holsters, could you substitute that using the Cellet Metal Clips or some sort of phone swivel clip for a fraction of the price? (I'm on a college budget)

Anyways thank you all for being such an inspiration!

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back