GI JOE 2: Retaliation: Snake Eyes Costume Info Thread

thought I would add my 2 cents, belt is a "cobra climbing belt" and the mp7 hangers are from gg&g tactical, although they are not on the site

I'm looking for items that are a close fit to the soft items of the suit. Can anyone help identify the best/closest items to buy for:

* motorcycle jacket that goes under armor
* pants
* boots
* gloves

Would appreciate any help or advice on what items are recommended to get.

gloves near I can tell are similar to Black 12 O'Neal Racing Butch Carbon Fiber Gloves 2013 Model
<ebay page > Black 12 O'Neal Racing Butch Carbon Fiber Gloves 2013 Model | eBay

pants are custom, very close to black bdu ( military) pants with a few mods
by the knees there is an additional piece of fabric with what looks to be tons of snake eyes symbols on them
lower pockets have an additional synch type strap

boots I have seen on other threads people are using a modified oakely assault boot ( most of the artwork and comic pics SE has grips on the side like these boots)
< ebay page > NEW Oakley SI Assault Boots 8" SZ 10 5 Black Military Seals Boot 11098 001A | eBay

sent GG&g an email asking about which product was used during production,, they said its part # 1131 offset tactical light mount.

Offset Flashlight Mount - AR 15 Tactical Light Mounts

also said that the production company modified the rest and made the belt attachment, and thay they would not do any custom work.

but atleast its a start. I was probably going to grind down lag bolt ( without thrteads near the top) and either weld it on or tap some threads thru the inside of the bolt and thru the rail mount.
then find some material that would do the belt holder device ( abs or aluminum)

gloves near I can tell are similar to Black 12 O'Neal Racing Butch Carbon Fiber Gloves 2013 Model
<ebay page > Black 12 O'Neal Racing Butch Carbon Fiber Gloves 2013 Model | eBay

pants are custom, very close to black bdu ( military) pants with a few mods
by the knees there is an additional piece of fabric with what looks to be tons of snake eyes symbols on them
lower pockets have an additional synch type strap

boots I have seen on other threads people are using a modified oakely assault boot ( most of the artwork and comic pics SE has grips on the side like these boots)
< ebay page > NEW Oakley SI Assault Boots 8" SZ 10 5 Black Military Seals Boot 11098 001A | eBay

Thanks Raweye! Totally appreciate your help. Do you know what kind of motorcycle jacket would work best?

no idea,, been trying to rip information from them as often as I can,, all I know is I got my cash set aside and I will be the first to click the buy it now

I posted this in Maulfett's thread, but here's a FNX-9:
FNX-9
I don't think the airsoft version that was planned ever got release, sadly. The closest holster I can find is a Blade-Tech OWB, probably paddle mount too - anybody have a better screen cap or reference that says otherwise? They're at least available in lefty, though thats not to say they didn't just get a close-enough one that was easier to find for the film...
Also, anybody with a Hot Toys figure or a good image want to share their thoughts on the materials/pattern/belt configuration of the harness? I've been trying to freeze-frame the blu-ray all week to get a clear shot of it, but no luck....

I posted this in Maulfett's thread, but here's a FNX-9:
FNX-9
I don't think the airsoft version that was planned ever got release, sadly. The closest holster I can find is a Blade-Tech OWB, probably paddle mount too - anybody have a better screen cap or reference that says otherwise? They're at least available in lefty, though thats not to say they didn't just get a close-enough one that was easier to find for the film...
Also, anybody with a Hot Toys figure or a good image want to share their thoughts on the materials/pattern/belt configuration of the harness? I've been trying to freeze-frame the blu-ray all week to get a clear shot of it, but no luck....

Hi aethereus. Here's some of the best pics I've found of the Hot Toys figure back details. I actually have this figure, but haven't taken any shots of it yet. I think these pics are pretty good though. Hope this helps!:cool

Thats kinda perfect actually, thanks! Man that figure is badass, I might get him anyway....
So - the harness has 4 straps on the top and two on the bottom. The bottom two loop into the belt, the outer two on the top loop together through the back armor, and the last two connect to the sword harness... are they sewn in, or are there loops? I'm also guessing the sword harness is 3 pieces of Cordura - a big triangular base, a '7' shaped piece that the sheath laces to, and a third base piece that includes the shoulder mounts... From UD Replicas' first prototype, it looks like it snaps in - I asked and they told me they were only allowed to see the suit, not the harness or any equipment, sadly...

I made a quick copy of my CRKT First Strike in Sintra - if the finished looks ok, would anybody be interested if I put a few sets in the Project Runs or Junkyard?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    924.7 KB · Views: 152
I made a quick copy of my CRKT First Strike in Sintra - if the finished looks ok, would anybody be interested if I put a few sets in the Project Runs or Junkyard?

I just won 2 of these on eBay, but I might be interested if the finished knife looks real & isn't unreasonably priced. I've been a little concerned about using the actual knives at Cons, as weapons policies seem to be getting stricter all the time! Count me as interested!(y)cool

Well, I broke down and picked up one of the 1/6 figures at a con after all, hahaha - it looks like the top center straps basically make a triangle and meet under the sword mount, that should be easy enough to do. I still can't get a non-blurry shot of his back from the movie, but I'm thinking two layers of cordura for the main structure, a third rectangular piece across the top for stability, and the lacing goes through it along the right side. It ties to the back harness with an eyelet at the bottom and to the shoulder armor with two snaps at the top. The part that connects to the shoulders looks like a different material in some shots, but I can't nail it down. I would have thought the sword mount would be made more like a frog with a little wrapping that comes up the sides with eyelets on either side, but it doesn't look like they made it that way... Any thoughts? I'm going to try taking it apart and making a pattern.

As for the knives, I'm still trying to get a second one (that wasn't you that sniped me over the weekend, was it? hahaha). I'm just making them from some spare Sintra so they'd be cheap, don't worry. I measured mine and the grip should be 3/16" webbing and the top wrap should be 1mm hemp twine, though I can't find any fake ray skin - I might take apart a crappy wallbanger katana I have lying around and cast some pieces. I seem to have no time these days, but I should have a finished one in a week or two for some feedback to make them good enough. I could have gotten away with carrying the live ones at this last con I went to as long as I ziptied them in place, but they sure are getting stricter about it. Plastic ones would have only needed a ziptie around them and could be drawn later, so there is that

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back