Game of Thrones

I was surprised to see some of the main characters killed off before season end.

If you havn't read the books, then expect more of that in the future.
Nobody is safe in this series. They kill main characters all the time! It's the first series i've read that has me genuinely fearing for the lives of certain characters! I sometimes scream at the pages.. "NO! DONT DO THAT!" or inserting my own "it's a TRAP!" ackbar style.. as if to warn them.

Never works.
They still die. :(

After watching all of the 1st season of Game of Thrones, I can say emphatically, that if you see ANYTHING this year, see THIS! This is a magnificent production; it is lush in sets and props and entirely engaging in story and character development. There are so many twists and turns and amazingly realistic and complex political intrigue. They have spared no expense for this series and it is certainly on the par with the epic HBO series Rome in scope and character.

The actors are ALL stellar performers as well. Beautifully cast and played!!

This is such a sumptuous series for props and replica enthusiasts, as it is FILLED with the absolute best combination of historical and fantasy elements that you could imagine.

I can't say enough about this series and I urge you find a way to see this in its entirety. You won't be sorry. It is GRAND!

I can vouch for the first two books. Past that, I'm holding off until the TV show catches up (and Martin publishes the last few books). Or at least, only reading one per year.

I'm not quite halfway through the first book. Haven't seen the series, though. Too graphic for me. Same for Sparticus. Otherwise I'd be all over them (I'm just glad the new BSG series aired on Si Fi and survived--not as graphic, though still quite suggestive). Yeah, I'm old fashioned.

Sadly, you have to wait until the fifth book/season before the dragons start becoming interesting.

But yeah, a number of good battles coming up in seasons 2 and 3.

I have not read the books but after I watched just one episode I wanted to read the books.

I found that this show was amazing! I couldn't stop ogling the props and set decoration and going through my head on how/what they may have used to make certain things.

Anyone else find that the props were amazing?

As weird as it sounds, I loved the glassware used in the show. There was one in particular used by Robert, a sort of wasp waisted tumbler with a spiral of glass on the outside for grip. I've been looking all over for those, or at least the company that makes them. Pretty sure they're handblown.

man, i really wish i had posted this sooner. but George RR Martin came to our office last thursday to talk to us about his books and his life. nice fella, i never read the books but my best friend brought his to get signed and talked about the shows and how long it took to get made.

only thing was that he mentioned the show sliders sucked because it was a crappy version of his pilot for his show called "doorways". i almost lost my ***** when he said that. hahaha

Now I'm jealous. And I never knew he was (indirectly) responsible for "Sliders."

I really hope he finishes the story. He's no spring chicken.

They could call it Rooty Tooty Fresh n Fruity for all I care. As long as they continue with the great storytelling I will watch!

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back