Game of Thrones

Tried ta warn ya....:)

But yeah, good episode. Looking forward to the finale this or next weekend.

I also picked up the second two books, and have started on the 2nd one. I am, however, a bit concerned about where the series goes after that. I gather the 3rd one ends with some cliffhangers, and that the 4th doesn't resolve them, AND adds in a ton of new characters, kills off others, and generally seemed pretty pointless. The 5th is JUST due to come out, and there's supposed to be two more books coming after that?! Given how long Martin seems to take between novel releases, I wonder if we're headed to "Wheel of Time" territory...

Tried ta warn ya....:)

But yeah, good episode. Looking forward to the finale this or next weekend.

I also picked up the second two books, and have started on the 2nd one. I am, however, a bit concerned about where the series goes after that. I gather the 3rd one ends with some cliffhangers, and that the 4th doesn't resolve them, AND adds in a ton of new characters, kills off others, and generally seemed pretty pointless. The 5th is JUST due to come out, and there's supposed to be two more books coming after that?! Given how long Martin seems to take between novel releases, I wonder if we're headed to "Wheel of Time" territory...

What? Two more after book 5?! Great, and here I was really hoping that he was going to wrap it up after book 5 and now I find out I'm going to have to wait for however many years for books 6 & 7 before it all ends. I just hope that Mr. Martin is nice and healthy and/or has detailed notes for book 6 & 7, I'd hate to see him die before it's all done and we never find out how it all ends. It looks like I'll definitely need to invest in an e-reader sometime since I don't want have to buy the last 3 books in hardcover and I don't want to wait for them to come out in paperback.

What? Two more after book 5?! Great, and here I was really hoping that he was going to wrap it up after book 5 and now I find out I'm going to have to wait for however many years for books 6 & 7 before it all ends. I just hope that Mr. Martin is nice and healthy and/or has detailed notes for book 6 & 7, I'd hate to see him die before it's all done and we never find out how it all ends. It looks like I'll definitely need to invest in an e-reader sometime since I don't want have to buy the last 3 books in hardcover and I don't want to wait for them to come out in paperback.

Yep. Apparently there are two more AFTER book 5. God only knows how long they'll take. Martin's apparently in his early 60s for what that's worth. >shrug<

After the last episode, I particularly enjoyed this video of Joffrey getting the **** slapped out of him for 10 minutes: In the Game of Thrones, You Win or You Get Bitchslapped by Peter Dinklage for 10 Straight Minutes - Topless Robot

That was pure awesome. :lol

Can I just say OMG. This finale was wow. I haven't read the books so this is new to me and I picked up on some of the foreshadowing in regards to Khaleesi but I was not expecting the ending......UUUGH Now we gotta wait. Nah I'll just read the books now.

I so cannot wait for Joffrey to get his.

Also, the thing with Maester Pycelle was just a riot. Julian Glover is a hell of an actor.

No idea. Might just be an insight into the guy being a LOT craftier than people think. A way to visually represent that he's a very VERY manipulative guy and a born survivor.

That is a good observation and let me just say I went and reread my posts and I swear I'm a 36 year old male father. Not a 15 year old Valley girl.. Lol

Just finished watching the final episode. Geebus! OK I know they got a green light to do a second season almost straight away but bloody hell, talk about leaving a loose thread or two unresolved!

I smell a reckoning. It will be interesting to see how the war goes. Please let someone kill Joffrey.

Don't expect a resolution any time within, oh, the next eight years or so. :)

They have to get through the three (soon to be four) remaining published books. After that, they have to get through two more books which haven't even been written yet. So, you're talking a MINIMUM of six more years before you get a full resolution. Some plotlines will conclude, obviously, and others will be introduced, but the bottom line is that this story is just beginning.

Now, on a somewhat more troubling note, from talking to my cousin (who's read all the books), he's concerned that the second season may be too slow to maintain its audience. He sees the second book (and thus the second season) as "transitional" to the third one where all hell breaks loose. But all hell breaking loose apparently requires quite a bit of setup and that's the second book.

I've just started the second book, so I can't really comment on it. If the above is an accurate characterization, though, that could be troublesome for the show. It's got to be a pretty expensive show to make. And we know HBO has a tendency to cancel series mid-story. The good news is that even if they do cancel, we've still got the books to read.

The other problem that I see coming is that, apparently, books 4 and 5 actually occupy the same chronological point, but are separated geographically. So, Book 4 is like "The events of the year in the south" whereas Book 5 takes that same time period, but focuses on the events in the north. For shooting purposes, this means they'll probably take both books and do two seasons (or one longer season -- but I expect two) where both books are done simultaneously and chronologically.

And then there's the matter of Martin still having to even WRITE the last two books.

So....yeah. Great show, but here's hoping it doesn't get tripped up by too many of these hurdles.

I thought that was about as good a finale as you could ask for. One slight change from the book that I noticed:

When they find Daenerys after the fire dies down, she's otherwise unhurt, but her hair had burned away.

No biggie, though. Still a great scene.

I thought that was about as good a finale as you could ask for. One slight change from the book that I noticed:

When they find Daenerys after the fire dies down, she's otherwise unhurt, but her hair had burned away.

No biggie, though. Still a great scene.

Oh, right. I actually had forgotten about that part. I don't suppose it matters, really. There were some other deviations, I think, and I gather that some of the scenes are really being made up out of whole cloth (The scene between Pycelle and the prostitute is a good example), but what they're doing is giving depth to the characters in sort of shorthand ways. That scene with Pycelle says a TON about him and he just does a few things physically with no words being necessary.

I am, however, glad to see that Julian Glover is in better shape than the character he's playing! I was thinking to myself "MAN he's gone downhill", but I'm glad to see he's still pretty spry.

Eh, if her skin is impervious to flames, there's no reason her hair shouldn't be either. It makes little sense from the books that someone can walk into a fire and only their hair would burn off. It really has to be all or nothing. The fact that she could still breath, wasn't suffocated by the smoke and ash too, means there has to be some supernatural cause. Might as well let the actress keep her hair.

I love Arya. She's such a cool character and the actress is doing a great job. I really hope she takes out Joffrey, that would be awesome. "I'm good at killing fat boys." :lol

P*sses me off we have to wait about a year for season 2 though! What is with HBO and air times? I doubt it takes an entire year to finish a show.

Very well made series its how sword of truth should have been.The casting was brilliant just a shame they havent finished the series of books.I have read them all and its pretty grim reading :) Winters coming!

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back