Game of Thrones

My friends were always talking about this series and how awesome it was. My buddies sister stopped watching because she felt there was too much incest haha.

Either way I picked up the blu rays on Tuesday and actually ended up watching the entire season in one sitting. The only thing that angered me was that there were only 10 episodes. I wanted more!!!!

Apart from the walking dead, I think this will be the only other show I'll actually try to tune into every week to watch.

We watched all ten episodes in one sitting last night/this morning, finally getting to bed around 4am. All I can say is WOW! I'm really sad now that we don't have HBO and I'll need to wait another year or so to see season 2. On the upside, my husband has okay'd me picking up book two and three for our kindles so I'll have those to keep me occupied until I can watch the second season of the show! :D

I soooo can't wait till april for the second season. 1 one was breathtaking and so grasping!!. Trully mature fantasy!

We watched all ten episodes in one sitting last night/this morning, finally getting to bed around 4am. All I can say is WOW! I'm really sad now that we don't have HBO and I'll need to wait another year or so to see season 2. On the upside, my husband has okay'd me picking up book two and three for our kindles so I'll have those to keep me occupied until I can watch the second season of the show! :D

Amazon has a bundle of the first four books at a slight discount from picking them up individually. I'd check that out if you're trying to buy bulk. :thumbsup

Well, that's what I get for not looking at the e-mail! It was the blu-ray presentation set!

Last edited:
Saw the Special Premier of Season 2 Ep1 in Providence on Tuesday Night! Rocked my Littlefinger costume with my friend Ang in her Catlyn attire. HBO staff on scene was pleased with our results! Season 2 starts of AMAZING!

I can't wait for it to start again! I recently finished book 2, as I love spoilers and comparing so it'll be fun watching the new season. I bought the 3rd book but they are a slow read for me. Most parts are really interesting and I can read for hours, but some parts (usually the battle details) slow me down and I'll put the book down for weeks and am only able to read a few pages because I'm so not into what's happening..

I love the personal plot lines and characters (favs are Tyrion and daenerys), but I'm just really not into the politics and battles!

I love the show though, I don't think I'm ever bored of the show, just parts of the books..

Caught this on Buzzfeed, "so metal it's pretty much Valeryian steel."
'Game of Thrones' meets Metal

I really enjoyed the S2 premiere, it's a shame they're sticking with a 10 episode season because it seems like they'll have to cram so much in. The only complaint I have about the episode is how much was stuffed into it, we watched it twice just to try to catch everything.

No comment on Joff.. but yeah, he sucks.

So far, I'm loving the second season! The shots of the comet in the first ep were awesome, i wasn't sure they would touch on that. Can't wait to see things unfold. Tyrion is gonna rock this season. :)

Finally got around to watching the first episode of Season 2 last night, and it was awesome. Can't wait to see what all unfolds this season.

I have a buddy at work who asks me to fill in all the background from the books every week after the episodes air.

Having read the books, it's tough to imagine watching these and keeping track of all the characters and plot lines without that kind of information. I'm glad I've read them.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back