Game of Thrones

I can vouch for the first two books. Past that, I'm holding off until the TV show catches up (and Martin publishes the last few books). Or at least, only reading one per year.

That's been one of the biggest critiques of Martin, he takes a LONG time to write a book. Doesn't he know how impatient we are? Ha. I'm on the last (most recent) book now, but I'm hoping the success of the show makes him focus more on the series rather than his side projects.

That's been one of the biggest critiques of Martin, he takes a LONG time to write a book. Doesn't he know how impatient we are? Ha. I'm on the last (most recent) book now, but I'm hoping the success of the show makes him focus more on the series rather than his side projects.

That's my hope, too, but I figure if I pace it at 1 book and 1 season per year, that buys me enough time for him to get out the last few.

I read book 2 last summer. I'll watch season 2 this spring. I'll read Book 3 this summer, and watch Season 3 next spring. And so on. That gives him 3 years to get out book 6 and another year after that to get out book 7. :)

At this point, I would HOPE that 4 years for 2 books is doable. Especially since he has a licensing deal to worry about.

I'm impressed at your will power - I had planned to do the same but couldn't stop reading until I'd burned through them all!

superheroes-batman-superman-so-gross.jpg

I'm impressed at your will power - I had planned to do the same but couldn't stop reading until I'd burned through them all!

Well, I knew in advance about Martin's slow production speed, so I don't want to chew through all of them and then sit around twiddling my thumbs.

I'm burning through them now, but they're good enough that I'll happily read through them again when I'm gearing up for book 6 - whenever that happens.

I'm FINALLY getting the chance to watch the show (thanks to my magnificent husband picking up the bluray set for me :D ). Having read the first book and found it an amazing read, I'm absolutely adoring this show thus far. The casting is spot on and the adaptation of the story is as close as I could've ever hoped to see.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back