Fullsize Alien Warrior Build (Xenomorph)

Gotta say this airbrushing thing is easy as ****...

Attachments

• mouth1.jpg
    mouth1.jpg
    648.5 KB · Views: 45
  • mouth2.jpg
    mouth2.jpg
    648.7 KB · Views: 48
  • mouth3.jpg
    mouth3.jpg
    656.5 KB · Views: 43
Two full cans of Upol gloss and counting...lol this foam drinks it like a sponge..

Attachments

• DSC06192.JPG
    DSC06192.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 44
  • DSC06193.JPG
    DSC06193.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 39
  • DSC06194.JPG
    DSC06194.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 41
  • DSC06195.JPG
    DSC06195.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 45
  • DSC06196.JPG
    DSC06196.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 44
Two full cans of Upol gloss and counting...lol this foam drinks it like a sponge..
- WOW, it must. I used slightly less than 1 can to coat my whole queen crown! Looks really good...hurry up and do the rest so we can see it!!!

*edited* Upon reflection I think it's all the relief and details that are using up so much clear. If you unfolded the whole skin of your xeno's head it might even be more surface area than my queen's crown, which was big but comparatively flat.

lol this is what it looked like after one can...
- WOW, it's way more porous that I'd expect given you did isolation layers while you were painting. I would have thought the Liquitex clears would have sealed it up more. If it were me I'd consider using a Critter (small spray gun, way bigger pattern than airbrush) to spray it with Liquitex Varnish to fill in the pores before clearing it with the expensive stuff. Or, maybe at this point it's not relevant. Sorry I didn't think of that earlier.

- WOW, it's way more porous that I'd expect given you did isolation layers while you were painting. I would have thought the Liquitex clears would have sealed it up more. If it were me I'd consider using a Critter (small spray gun, way bigger pattern than airbrush) to spray it with Liquitex Varnish to fill in the pores before clearing it with the expensive stuff. Or, maybe at this point it's not relevant. Sorry I didn't think of that earlier.
It's cool.. whatever gives it the right look... even if I have to spray it on so thick that it drips it's doesn't matter, aliens drip all over the place...lol

Hell Yeah!

I like how the dome is really shiny and other parts vary between semi gloss and satin, gives the sculpt a mot more depth. Btw, if you wanted the teeth to be more chrome than silver, airbrush (med-low pressure, fairly wet) with Molotow Chrome refill. Not that there's anything wrong with silver, both have advantages. Just a question of if you want more pop there, or if more pop would be distracting.

Hell Yeah!

I like how the dome is really shiny and other parts vary between semi gloss and satin, gives the sculpt a mot more depth. Btw, if you wanted the teeth to be more chrome than silver, airbrush (med-low pressure, fairly wet) with Molotow Chrome refill. Not that there's anything wrong with silver, both have advantages. Just a question of if you want more pop there, or if more pop would be distracting.
That variation in gloss is upols fault...lol I might try brushing on gloss medium in a few tests spots to see how it compares. I feel the color of the teeth is fine since the Stan Winston Aliens had more of a flat silver look anyhow. It was the Giger Alien that was chrome.

Either way it's fun trying different things, there are no mistakes just layers. I am on lips and cheek duty today.

Don't worry this is just stage one... shading blending and clear resin to follow... plus more bits for the cheeks

edit:, added one more... honestly I think that is enough... it looks fine... once it's blended in and resin is gooped over it

edit2 caved and added another. :)

Attachments

• DSC06208.JPG
    DSC06208.JPG
    293.4 KB · Views: 45
  • DSC06207.JPG
    DSC06207.JPG
    565.7 KB · Views: 46
  • DSC06206.JPG
    DSC06206.JPG
    594.5 KB · Views: 47
  • DSC06209.JPG
    DSC06209.JPG
    446.5 KB · Views: 46
  • DSC06215.JPG
    DSC06215.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 35
  • DSC06216.JPG
    DSC06216.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 37
Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back