Foamies Armor from another source

That is great going in favorties. thx for all the steps and hints, tricks and tips lol

Bookmarked. This might be a better idea for my armor for this year. Maybe I'll get into the Resin after thsi year... Hmmm Iono.. something to think about.

another foamie site

Here's another foamies site for you chaps and chapess's that use it like myself, and this one has a method of making the armour more durable too, by using thin styrene sheeting to cover it as you make it.

Big Gunns a question about your foamies is when you heat them. To mode them, do they hold there shape after they cool.

Just to add where to get rolls of foamies instead of small sheets. Home depot and lowes sell rolls in the floor section of their stores. It is used for covering the floor before laying down fake wood flooring.

wow i want to do something like that , you really do a great work , can you help me whit the shoulder paterns from the AVP armor it will be really appreciated ;)

FOAMIES ARE DEFINITELY ONE OF THE BEST MATERIALS AVAILABLE OUT THERE!!! ;)

I'VE ALSO HAD SOME REALLY OUTSTANDING RESULTS FROM USING ROLLS OF SHELF LINER MATERIAL!

IF YOU HAVEN'T TRIED USING THIS KIND OF STUFF YET, YOU'VE GOTTA TRY IT! IT OFFERS MOST OF THE SAME QUALITIES AS FOAMIES (NOT AS THICK THOUGH) & HAS FAR GREATER STRENGTH AGAINST TEARS, RIPS, ETC. CUZ ITS GOT A REINFORCED FIBER GRID BUILT INTO IT.

IT'S ALSO MORE PLIABLE, LIKE A FABRIC...KIND OF A GREAT MIDDLE BETWEEN FOAMIES & LEATHER! B)

HINT: I JUST MADE AN AVP STYLE FRONT BELT FLAP W/ SHELF LINER MAT. --> IT LOOKS & MOVES EXACTLY LIKE THE SCREEN USED PIECES!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back