Fix difficult resin casting problem?

TheScratcher

How would you repair pinholes from bubbles in a casting that are just a mm in diameter but can NOT just be filled with glue or whatever?

As you can see in the picture it is not only "holes" but rather missing parts of a thin, protruding line.
A 1mm diameter wire, in fact.

"Filling" it with a liquid like glue, would of course just result in the glue pouring outside of it...

Sorry if this is the most basic thing and only I am not aware of it, first time molding and casting.
Oh and of course I dont have a vaccuum chamber or anything of the sort and cant afford anything right now either.
This is probably even the wrong topic to post that question...
Thank you for your help.

125105809_1016376148835925_2768415185151369169_n.jpg

I’m no expert but I have many resin builds and I have used plumbers putty. You can shape it and it cures very hard. You can also sand it. It’s my go to for stuff like this

Dust your molds with Baby Powder..It will help. Also...for those small details....take your exacto...and CUT thin lines into the recess, it will allow for a capillary PULL into the recess. You will have some flash to remove...but that is better than trying to fill it after the fact.

For filling small holes like that you can mix CA glue with baby powder to make a paste.

This gets a vote from me as well. Starch (talcum powder is just starch and perfume) mixed with CA dries hard, sands, and paints well. Very easy to fix, too.

for tiny voids that are curved, raised or any surface other than flat, two part slower setting epoxy or JB Weld can be used as it will hold shape when its tacky. In a pinch you can use off the shelf aluminum putty or "steel stick".

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back