Firefly / Serenity Mal's Gun showoff thread

DavidS

Sr Member
Well, I unfortunatly had to sell my precious brass plated Sidkit, so now i am stuck with NO mal gun!

so let me see um!

Resin, metal... whatever.... SHOW OFF YOUR MAL GUNS!

The ironies! They are infinitely deep!

So anyway, since yours is gone, MINE is now the finest in this thread! Wah hah hah hah HAA!

Well until somebody else posts.

QMX. With some Rub n Buff.

dsc01976xc4.jpg

dsc01980lt6.jpg

dsc01984ze9.jpg

amazing what a lil rub n buff does!!
ya know..... i sorta lied.... i DO have the QMx Mal gun... :)
im thinking of redoing the grips on it like i did my sidkit... AND i like your rub n buff idea...

How can you redo the QMX grips? I thought they were glued tight on there and couldn't be removed without breaking them. :(

I agree though, some nicer grips would really spiff up this piece. The Rub n Buff helps but you'd never mistake it for real metal.

Out of the box tho the QMX can use some help. It looks a little too... monochromatic. Like a cartoon of the gun or something. :lol

Dang, I gotta get mine finished up. It's been sitting in my room with a great burnt-copper-ish patina but totally un-assembled for like ten months now. I wanted to clear-coat it so the (pretty fragile) finish wouldn't scratch, and that was the step that delayed me...

100_1273.jpg

Anyway, that's how it looks. I just can't pick it up or it'll fall apart. :lol:

Here are my two, top one is resin bottom is a 2 year work in progress, brass, aluminum and walnut.

1640518984_6a74e15b76.jpg

and the resin one in its display:

1640112164_d6e2ba3243.jpg

-Jon

here's mine:

normal__MG_5079.jpg

this is one of the resin kits sold here by philippes, finished (not very well!) with rub n buff.

at some point i want to redo the buffing.

Are the dinos acurate?
If so, where can they be found?

mostly :)

the ceratosaur (sp?) should be the bent legged version, where mine is the straight legged.

there are a bunch of threads floating around here about them... walgreens is a popular spot, but you have to search through many stores over many weeks to get it right.

malstuffjpeg.jpg

It takes a lot of money to keep a Firefly in the sky!
And what kind of Firefly weapons collection wouldn't have a Mal pistol?!
How about two?
A Phillipes casting and lots of work to go to attach wooden grips,
and an official QMX stunt pistol from Serenity.

The ammo is M-1 Carbine, grouped in staggered sixes.
I think it is the most realistic looking choice, relative to magazine size.

I also have a Sidkit in pieces.

I'm glad I was able to get this into the country before the new UK laws came into place. It's the prototype that QMX made with the metal screws and inner barrel, along with an early version of the stand. Unfortunately one of the thumb screws was missing when I got it.

5300888.jpeg

5423862.jpeg

5497242.jpeg

I'm glad I was able to get this into the country before the new UK laws came into place. It's the prototype that QMX made with the metal screws and inner barrel, along with an early version of the stand. Unfortunately one of the thumb screws was missing when I got it.

5300888.jpeg

5423862.jpeg

5497242.jpeg

you CAN get replacement thumbscrews ya know? :)

looks like your stand is still unwrapped.

i was looking for a pesky QMx stand a while back, had a ad up in the JY...

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back