FINISHED (see pg 21) WIP - BTTF - Nike Air Mag

cavx : yes, if i finally sell something, it would be to get a pair of V3, i think I desearve it :D
DragonGalvy : My first intention was to make a better shape than the HCs (the only one I could affordand knew of) without knowing where I was going and how to achieve this project.
I didn't really thought that they would be wearable at first..

Then it became some kind of challenge to get them better and better all by myself (as there are not so much people here making these, I felt really lost and I missed the "buildup momentum" with all the Taff83 cloneprops Caloss @NickThefox... Where are these pioneers ??? I wish I could help and get some help on this).

All I can say is that if you really want it, and put some effort and time to it, doing, and re doing things, you will get some good result in the end !
It is my first time making anything related to clothing/fashion/footwear even sewing stuffs and using a sewing machine (going back to the first pages of this thread remind me that it was a long journey from doing all by hand, taking like 3/4 hours just for the sewing of the upper base :/ ) I don't think talent have something to do with it, it is just observation and guesing (then, messing a lot with technics and organizing things and gathering informations and materials)

Anyway, I'm now pretty proud of what I did so far but I want to get them on my feet before next year :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes you do. You have done amazing work on these.

As for the names you mention, most a still around, some got banned. I guess at this stage, many have put DIYing these into the "too hard basket" and have taken the "path of least resistance" (myself included) and just bought V3s. In the end, our goal was to have the most accurate MAGs we could get and I really don't see the factories in China improving on these now.

Here are the last shots of the blacks i plan to attach to the size 10 soles :

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    247.3 KB · Views: 493
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    396.6 KB · Views: 530
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    397.4 KB · Views: 507
Last edited:
Wow! These look great! Kinda wish I continued my attempt at mags, but whatever, I can just enjoy your amazing build progress.

Impressive work @RVLF

Thanks, I need to find two small inverters and a coin celle battery pack now :/
Any chance someone here would help with that ? The store I found online won't ship to Canada exept for ridiculous prices (like 60$ shipping fees for 2 micro inverters and a El sheet :/ )

I can source small inverters (15mm x 7mm x 7mm) for $15 each. Postage to Canada would be about $7.00
thanks but i'm looking for a cheer solution ^^ and i might go non electronic after all...

here is a test for some fake colour panels in the heel cups

attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    296.5 KB · Views: 477
Playing with lights on the HC Soles :

native Led recentered and glued to the @cavx gitd kit :

attachment.php

The glue "bulb" helps to diffuse the led light and create a gap between the led and the GITD.
As the led is not in direct contact with the GITD, it helps not having a tiny spot of light in the middle

- - - - -

Lights on (for about 10 seconds) :

attachment.php

- - - - -

Ambiant light is off on this picture, so what you see is the GITD charged :

attachment.php

- - - - -

same GITD :

attachment.php

I'll post the picture of the lights into the soles later ;)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    426 KB · Views: 499
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    425.3 KB · Views: 503
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    721.5 KB · Views: 493
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    882.8 KB · Views: 502
Last edited:
Playing with lights on the HC Soles :

native Led recentered and glued to the @cavx gitd kit :

http://www.therpf.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=688716&d=1481083369

The glue "bulb" helps to diffuse the led light and create a gap between the led and the GITD.
As the led is not in direct contact with the GITD, it helps not having a tiny spot of light in the middle

- - - - -

Lights on (for about 10 seconds) :

http://www.therpf.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=688717&d=1481083369

- - - - -

Ambiant light is off on this picture, so what you see is the GITD charged :

http://www.therpf.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=688718&d=1481083369

- - - - -

same GITD :

http://www.therpf.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=688719&d=1481083369

I'll post the picture of the lights into the soles later ;)

Nice. I would put those in my HC's. I really wish someone would make new clears for them too.

WOW big difference. Before I opened the images in a new tab, I thought you had got yourself a V2. Then I saw the stitching around the lace box and knew it was modded. Seriously good work.

Here is a detail of the straps :D

image.jpg

No light in these, but some illusions :D
i like to make the straps with a fake wire bump now...

Last edited:
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back