Finally, Jurassic Park is coming to Blu-ray

allosaur176

Sr Member
I have been waiting for this ever since I first got my HDTV and PS3, and its only a few months away, and with a nice gift set too!

Available Oct 25th
case-jurassic-gift.jpg

You know they'll release them seperatley like they do with any films. I'm not a fan of box sets and "trilogy" or "quadrilogy" sets... I'd much rather have seperate blu ray cases for each particular film...

I love 1 and 3. Number 2 is *#(@. I always liked that line Grant said in the third movie.

"Does anyone have any questions that don't involve Jurassic Park? Or the incident in San Diego which I did not witness."

See? Grant is so awesome he can dodge jumping the shark.

It's JP, I'll be getting it (that is if the wife doesn't buy it for me, but I won't hold my breath).

Can't wait for T-Rex chase in HD - yeah baby!!!

Awesome! I will be getting this!

And since JP4 has been confirmed, we'll get a new quadrilogy box set in a few years...

for real? FINALLY???? :eek wow... theyve been blue-balling that one for a decade now. Cant wait to see what they pull off. Bring on fluffy feathered dinos! ^_^

for real? FINALLY???? :eek wow... theyve been blue-balling that one for a decade now. Cant wait to see what they pull off. Bring on fluffy feathered dinos! ^_^

Oh wow. I'd actually like to see the writers bring in a new main character and attempt to make the film less of a chase flick (more in the lines of JP1). I dunno... I really, really wanted to like 2 and 3, but they just didn't have the charm of the original (It doesn't help that I was completely obsessed with 1 when I was younger, so there will always be a god-tier nostalgia elevating the film's awesomeness that all future JP films may never live up to... :lol)

I love 1 and 3. Number 2 is *#(@. I always liked that line Grant said in the third movie.

"Does anyone have any questions that don't involve Jurassic Park? Or the incident in San Diego which I did not witness."

See? Grant is so awesome he can dodge jumping the shark.

Agreed, I will be getting 1 and 3 on Blu but the 2nd was too embarrassing. I couldn't believe Spielberg was the director. I know he's not perfect but what the hell?

Agreed, I will be getting 1 and 3 on Blu but the 2nd was too embarrassing. I couldn't believe Spielberg was the director. I know he's not perfect but what the hell?

I found the 3rd one to be embarrassing... What Spielberg did and succeeded at was to keep the dinosaurs acting like animals, the "dinosaurs" in the 3rd one were pure b level movie monsters, which evolved way too quick... Also, Having a 10yr old survive on the island by himself for what? 10 weeks? really?

Unfortunately I heard the Johnston will be directing the 4th one, so I have little hope for it

I found the 3rd one to be embarrassing... What Spielberg did and succeeded at was to keep the dinosaurs acting like animals, the "dinosaurs" in the 3rd one were pure b level movie monsters, which evolved way too quick... Also, Having a 10yr old survive on the island by himself for what? 10 weeks? really?

Unfortunately I heard the Johnston will be directing the 4th one, so I have little hope for it

Oh I agree the third movie was pure B movie silliness but it was fun in a goofy way. The second movie just took itself way too seriously and was filled with too many wtf moments for me to enjoy it.

The kid survived by using Newt's tactics from Alien's. Don't you know all kids in movies can survive longer than the adults. :lol

yay! though hopefully the price reflects the fact I'm really only paying for 1 and getting 2-3 free or a discount for taking them LOL

Really? You chose 3 over 2? At least 2 didn't have dinosaurs running around breaking everyone's necks like they're prehistoric steven seagals.

I couldn't believe they did that. I don't mind 3, I mean the jurassic park movies hold a special place in my hearts but PLEASE don't say 3 was better then 2 :p

Really? You chose 3 over 2? At least 2 didn't have dinosaurs running around breaking everyone's necks like they're prehistoric steven seagals.

I couldn't believe they did that. I don't mind 3, I mean the jurassic park movies hold a special place in my hearts but PLEASE don't say 3 was better then 2 :p

3 was way better than 2! Lots of animals break their prey's necks, instinctively. JP3 beats Lost World by virtue of not taking itself too seriously - both were ridiculous, but only one of them knew it. JP3 also upped the ante on the live-action animatronic dinosaurs, and the Spinosaurus in the lake is still one of the most impressive things I've seen on screen!

Of course, neither sequel is in the same league as the original.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back