Finally, Jurassic Park is coming to Blu-ray

I got the impression that 2 was trying to be a horror movies, while 3 was a story about a family. You can add me to the prefers 3 to 2 group.

I have yet to pick this up, but I love JP. Think the second is...okay, but it certainly has a couple great sequences.

But I hated the third. It's been 10 years since I saw it, but what absolutely sticks out in my mind (aside from the fact that the action scenes seem to always take place in the sunlight and the cell phone inside a dino's stomach), was how they disrespected the T-Rex.

I'm bias in this obviously, but when I think of dinosaurs, I think of the T-Rex. And I hated how they killed him off and featured some other odd looking dinosaur most people have never heard of.

It felt like watching "King Kong" without a silver back Gorilla. Hated it.

Just checked out the new documentary... Very cool...

Awesome that they got all the actors from the movies for a few sentences...

And hey, Ariana Richards is pretty hot... :lol

Will watch the movies next week after my exams, I think the quality is good, not awesome like in new movies, but better than DVD, I dont know why some people bash the BR set...

I'm with the majority of people here in that I thought JP2 was pretty bad and that JP3 was far better. The problem with 2 is that was based on the crappy book that Chrichton clearly wrote to capitalize on the popularity of JP after it was made into a movie, you could tell that it was written just to be adapted into a movie and not because he had a real good sequel story that he wanted to tell. However, as much as I liked JP3 over 2 it had some of the same flaw, namely that they made the raptors way too intelligent, practically to the point of being sentient.

Saw it in the theater back in '93 and I knew what I wanted to do after that: CGI in one form or another :D
Can't wait to see it in the theater again. The 3D version gets released here in Sweden tomorrow. No matter what you think of 3D and conversions it's worth it just for the soundtrack alone.

JP: EPiC
LW: Pretty okay
JPIII: EPiC failure :facepalm

Colors are even better than before 9for a very colorful film), and it almost seems as if they were able to go back and add improved lighting "on set", as the characters seem far better lit on the Blu-Ray.

It's all in the transfer. All depends if they do a 2K scan, 4K... so on. Aaaand how much they clean it up and so on.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back