Finally, Jurassic Park is coming to Blu-ray

Really? You chose 3 over 2?

.....YES!

I pick Park III over The Lost World in spades. At least Part III didn't have that stupid plot point that tried painting Ingen as an EVIL COMPANY with characters constantly judging them, even to the point where their employers call them "the company of death". Let's see how EVIL Ingen was and how they brought on so much death, doom and destruction upon us.

1st Movie: Everything involving Jurassic Park was set and going well before Nedry sabotaged the park's safety systems so he could steel samples for a DIFFERENT COMPANY. This was not Ingen deliberately cutting corners or shrugging their shoulders off at any potential dangers. The problems that caused the death and chaos happened because someone else wanted money from a different company.

2nd Movie: All of the men who took part in Ingen's island raid to capture the dinos "alive" were thwarted when our supposed heroes release all the dinosaurs from their cages which causes them to rampage and destroy Ingen's camp. This results in dozens of deaths and none of our heroes show any sympathy or or sign of responsibility because.... "NOW YOU'RE JOHN HAMMOND!" Ooo. That evil basta**.

3rd Movie: No Ingen involvement, and no "shame on you!" finger pointing about mistreating those poor innocent animals.

Btw, I just got back from Best Buy and actually bought the Steel Case instead of the statue. The T-Rex looked too phony and the BluRay casing was shaky and loose. Plus, the cover to the steel book reminded me of the first film's awesome VHS cover.

finally-jurassic-park-coming-blu-ray-jurassicpark.jpg-72297d1319571160

Hopefully Amazon gets mine here in the next day or so. From what I've heard of some of the behind the scene stuff, they actually go into some cool details regarding various props.

A little disappointed to hear the statue isn't cool, that was a selling point for me :/

Gonna get it as soon as I got some more money in the bank. Did instead pick-up Thor as it was down to $22 thanks to Captain America being released today, and Winnie the Pooh because of the coupon.

Hopefully Amazon gets mine here in the next day or so. From what I've heard of some of the behind the scene stuff, they actually go into some cool details regarding various props.

A little disappointed to hear the statue isn't cool, that was a selling point for me :/

any chance they talk about the night vision goggles from part 1?

That IS a fun movie, isn't it? And I'll join the club that likes JP3 over JP2. I think JP2 has some great moments in it... ( Julianne Moore pressed against the rear window of the dangling trailer with the glass cracks splintering all around her is terrific) but JP3 is overall more of a fun B Movie ride.

It's been a while, I've forgotten what this is about. Deleted subplot?

No... I'm fairly certain he's talking about the prop - the night-vision goggles the kid puts on while in the truck as the T-Rex attacks.

One of the more complicated props that surprisingly the RPF has yet to tackle.

Got mine last night from my family as a birthday gift. Got the full set with the statue. I dig it...

Making my way through the first film...

I am totally impressed with the picture! Loving it!

The clarity seems superb. As an example, I don't know that I've ever noticed the orange peel in the red paint on the Ford Explores. Also seeing matte lines on the CGI T-Rex I hadn't seen before (gotta take the bad with the good!).

Colors are even better than before 9for a very colorful film), and it almost seems as if they were able to go back and add improved lighting "on set", as the characters seem far better lit on the Blu-Ray.

Whatchoo talkin' 'bout, Willis?!

No... I'm fairly certain he's talking about the prop - the night-vision goggles the kid puts on while in the truck as the T-Rex attacks.

One of the more complicated props that surprisingly the RPF has yet to tackle.

Last edited:
My main problem with 2 was just the characters. I just plain, flat didn't care if anyone in the movie, except maybe for Malcolm, lived or died. There was no one in it that was remotely likable.

The kid and the mom in 3 just ruined it for me. Both were extremely annoying.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back