Fight Club Tyler Durden T-shirts?

View attachment 316254 Anyone else notice how bright the OP-523 lenses look?

- - - Updated - - -

Logan is a badass craftsman. He does amazing work and provides exceptional service to his clients. No argument there. Listen, I don't mean to offend anyone or hurt their feelings. I really don't expect to by saying their jacket wasn't tailored like they tailored pitt's, or because their shades aren't the EXACT IDENTICAL COLOR to the screen used color. It's my opinion. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe I'm right.

I am a skeptic. It's part of who I am. I apologize if I offend you by this. We are all entitled to our opinions. If you all believe that getting the closest screen accurate look for the jacket is as simple as sending Logan your measurements and having him make you the jacket, then all power to you. I just have a different opinion on the matter, that's all.

Absolutely no hard feelings at all. It's totally your opinion and without that we'd all be the same. I truly appreciate a skeptic and dissenting opinions are the seeds of new territory so it's all good.

Just wanted to clarify in case anyone was under the impression that buying a jacket from Jonathan was a similar experience to say, SoulRevolver. SoulRevolver's jackets look great on their site, I've never seen one in person, but in my opinion, a chest measurement and maybe arm measurement simply does not cut it for a great fit. You need more than that and I was happy to have Jonathan take the time to take me through his whole process.

That's all. Just another opinion and some info to add to the pot.

I hope you nail down the perfect look for your jacket, because once it's YOUR jacket it just feels right.

Cheers!

Granted I have seen the screen used jacket in person not even a week ago. It didnt look tailored any different and I got a pretty good eye. Also what is funny is the color is different than the screenshot used above. That is due to the color and lens filter Fincher used. My "redder" jacket from Jonathan is a near identical match while his default color is a little darker than the screen used.

Like I said, I plan to somehow get pictures. One of my friends has google glass so maybe we can snap some that way. I want to show the color and fit standing next to it aince the jacket is here in Phoenix.

One thing I was trying to figure out is why did they fold the middle part of the jacket over. I showed pictures of how it is done. I also noticed in one of Soul's jackets he did the same thing.

1) Is that fold a result of stretching the jacket collar?

2) or is that fold just to be able to display the shirt underneath more?

- - - Updated - - -

It was post 2381. Where I showed it.

I'd wager it was folded that way purposely by Kaplan himself. Dude is a genius and had a very well thought out particular look he wanted for the Durden character. With all the work that went into selecting the wardrobe pieces I'm sure he wanted them to be seen.

I'd wager it was folded that way purposely by Kaplan himself. Dude is a genius and had a very well thought out particular look he wanted for the Durden character. With all the work that went into selecting the wardrobe pieces I'm sure he wanted them to be seen.

Oh I agree it was on purpose. I was trying to figuee out if that fold was the result of pulling the collar out. Because if you match the tip of the collar to the edge of the shoulder it makes that fold plus the vertical fold going down the jacket near the pocket up to the 2nd button.

Or if he simply just folded it to hide the cracked button and expose the shirt more.

Was your jacket on the mannequin folded like that or did you do that?

Leather jackets will eventually fold like that with age because they get supple and sometimes lose their shape. It's just Kaplan or the costume department being accurate, and, because of the character, it looks lose, relaxed and "cool". Tyler has been designed to be cool.

I love my Red JAL, I do think its a bit small for me though. I ordered a 40 but I reckon its a 38. I'll be going down the measurement sheet and get the girlfriend to measure me up route next time. That's for sure. I was so impatient last time and just ordered it based on chest size. Sleeves and shoulders are perfect though.

Last edited:
On the topic of personal interpretations of Tyler Durden's style, I found some shirts I thought were cool and Durden-like that I thought I'd share with you guys.

They are both Criminal Damage shirts. They are really high quality shirts which are very light and soft and have a vintage feel to them. I believe the prints are printed on the fabric before construction and they have some kind of vintage-like wear on them. Nice stitching too.

Check them out:

IMG_20140426_145339370.jpgIMG_20140426_145315211.jpgIMG_20140426_145245454.jpgIMG_20140426_145132000.jpg

The grand prix one is a bit wrinkled because I pulled it out of the hamper to photograph, haha, but you should be able to get the point. Thought they were pretty sweet.

new.jpgnew2.jpgunnamed.jpg2.jpg3.jpg5.jpg10.jpg11.jpg4.jpg Decided to do a little experiment with the vintage Reed I got. The two pics on the left, are of the jacket when I got it. The rest are of the jacket after I threw it in the washer twice ( only payed $20 for this and it reeked of Cigarettes so I didn't care much ) and also threw it in the dryer and also the oven for about ten minutes. Took it out because I didn't wanna burn the house down. It's still pretty damp and cold right now, meaning it's still not fully dry, even after all the effort I put into drying it. The result I got was a rubbery leather that I could stretch and mold. As you can see, I could stretch and crease the lapel back and forth as I pleased and it developed a lot of cool folds. Only down side is the texture changed and got a lot of little cracks and wrinkles. I love this jacket, and it would've definitely had quenched my FC jacket thirst, if it had been a bit bigger at the shoulders. Chest is perfect, sleeves are perfect, and collar is the perfect size for my preference, but I am just a bit too built in my shoulders to get the cool hang I want from the jacket. Sleeves are also a bit tight at the top.

What I do know now, is that the screen jacket is 100% identical to Logan's jacket just unwashed. The washing does a number on it. It's what gives it the folds and stretchy look that the fc jacket got.

Whether or not the xmart/tom jacket is vintage or a creation by Logan designed by Kaplan, I don't know. What I do believe, is that if Kaplan did design the jacket based off of vintage jackets he found, then he or logan ( whatever tickles your pickle ) based them off of the 70's SEARS and REED SPORTSWEAR leather jackets

Last edited:
Speaking of things, I plan to go back to the costume exhibit with my other jacket to compare the color. If the color on that is off I plan to have JAL mail me a ton of leather samples which I will take to the exhibit and get the exact screen used color.

Aj, when you saw the jacket at the exhibit, how was the stitching condition? Was it still noticeably white and bright in contrast to the jacket color?

On the topic of personal interpretations of Tyler Durden's style, I found some shirts I thought were cool and Durden-like that I thought I'd share with you guys.

They are both Criminal Damage shirts. They are really high quality shirts which are very light and soft and have a vintage feel to them. I believe the prints are printed on the fabric before construction and they have some kind of vintage-like wear on them. Nice stitching too.

I love these shirts, they're awesome. I'm gonna have to do some Googling now. Thanks for sharing.

Hey soul, did you make that hustler jersey from scratch? What do you think about the baggy one that's always been on the auction site? Are you going to be making a screen accurate version like I'm your album?

Yeah, I do have plans to make a better quality one. I have an authentic Hustler Jersey (made in the U.S.A.) I've never seen one with long sleeves before. They always come with short sleeves. I modified mine and replaced the sleeves with the exact matching mesh. I've ordered both the cheaper knock-offs for comparison. Both are inaccurate with the wrong kind of mesh. One feels way too thin and the white is painted on instead of sewn in. The real one is a heavy duty mesh material. Even the one I have isn't completely accurate since the white mesh is sewn to the outside instead of being overlapped by the black as you can see in this comparison photo.

hustlecompare.jpg

Also, these look like they might be two different shirts to me.

hustlecompare2.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back