Hi everyone, seems all my photography’s back up, tried it on a few computers and all running to my build.
Still looking for a acrylic or glass display case to fit my Falcon, been advised to look at aquarium tanks!! Needs to be reasonable prices. The search continues...
Not sure what part of the country, or the world for that matter, you're in, but there's an outfit called Tap Plastics that will build a custom plexi-glass case for you for reasonable money

Stay safe everyone & stay in as much as possible... Now’s the time to start, continue or finish your old bird.
1754AA1D-A82A-4FE1-97B9-217E637C4BE8.jpeg
1754AA1D-A82A-4FE1-97B9-217E637C4BE8.jpeg

Thank you to all the people that message me about my build & tips here & there. Long ago After PhotoBucket decision to hold to ransom everyone’s pictures my thread was empty of pictures here & all over forums I have; the task of replacing them all was far to long a challenge.

I only showed my construction as a helping tool for beginners and found praise from even experienced modellers.

PhotoBucket a year + or so later offered me $7.99 per month to have all my picture links back up; I’ve been paying so l can still help new & old builders of this magnificent bird.

Last edited:
Thank you to all the people that message me about my build & tips here & there. Long ago After PhotoBucket decision to hold to ransom everyone’s pictures my thread was empty of pictures here & all over forums I have; the task of replacing them all was far to long a challenging.

I only showed my construction as a helping tool for beginners and found praise from even experienced modellers.

PhotoBucket a year + or so later offered me $7.99 per month to have all my picture links back up; I’ve been paying so l can still help new & old builders of this magnificent bird.
I hear ya man. I had the same thing happen to my Falcon Build Thread. Its a royal pain in the ass. I put all of my pictures up on Google Photos as I don't think that they are going anywhere anytime soon. It was a pain but if you ever decide to do the deed and switch over to that let me know. I can show you how I got them all updated. Its kinda tricky with Google Photos to get it working but once you have it done it's much more permanent. And still free!

Hello. It's amazing work here. I love your Millennium Falcon.

I'm now starting to build Agostini's Millennium Falcon and I am very interested in his weatering technique using black oil. I already have the Winsor & Newton product, but the problem is that the color of the plastic is, in my opinion, too yellowish. And I would prefer a more neutral tone as base color.

My question is: has anyone tried this technique on any base paint or primer? It works well?

I am concerned that rubbing and turpentine might damage the base coat of paint or that it may not be as cleanable as it is on raw plastic.

Thanks a lot
Rafa

Hello. It's amazing work here. I love your Millennium Falcon.

I'm now starting to build Agostini's Millennium Falcon and I am very interested in his weatering technique using black oil. I already have the Winsor & Newton product, but the problem is that the color of the plastic is, in my opinion, too yellowish. And I would prefer a more neutral tone as base color.

My question is: has anyone tried this technique on any base paint or primer? It works well?

I am concerned that rubbing and turpentine might damage the base coat of paint or that it may not be as cleanable as it is on raw plastic.

Thanks a lot
Rafa
Hi, sorry not been on lately, but all my technics are here on this thread & YouTube, in one simple video

My picture reflects that colour from the joke launch pad colour.

Greeting all, there may be a Falcon to many on here but what the hell...thought I'd show you my Dagostini Falcon build & I must say lm enjoying it, Exellent quality.

Metal guns cannons drilled out.... Lightly sanded all the metal parts then soapy wash & dry them...
View attachment 1552143
then primed below, you can get canned primer from £1 shops that works just fine.

View attachment 1552144

Below mix your chosen paints etc for the guns....I mixed enamels till eye right match....
just a heads up about matching the gun turrets on my painting technique…this one’s for Andrea Nardone, l mix Matt like white/beige enamels etc with powder brushed effect (with the Tamiya shading powders) to match the main other techniques I’ve used. I’ll put another shot up soon of it now in 2023 as it been in a safe cupboard till a get a display case that l still need .. my house is like a sci-fi junkyard

I love your build! I'm astounded that you got the look you did with the straight plastic from the factory. Just amazing.

I'm in the US so the DeAgostini Falcon hasn't been available for some time, but Fanhome is starting it up again so I will be getting my first issue in a few weeks. Also just ordered the correct fast drying oil paints. I have longer drying oils I use for weathering and washes but I've never done anything like this. I can't wait to try it.

I may experiment with primer and base color then sealed with a gloss coat and see if that will take your oil technique. Not for the Falcon, but there are some other models where I'd love to try this technique but they have to have a base coat.

I may experiment with primer and base color then sealed with a gloss coat and see if that will take your oil technique. Not for the Falcon, but there are some other models where I'd love to try this technique but they have to have a base coat.
I did some tests with that fast drying oil paint and it worked well over Tamiya spray primer and Tamiya AS-20 color. I let the base coat dry for 24 hours and neither the paint nor the thinner affected that base coat.

I did some tests with that fast drying oil paint and it worked well over Tamiya spray primer and Tamiya AS-20 color. I let the base coat dry for 24 hours and neither the paint nor the thinner affected that base coat.
I tried this on one of the mandibles of the Bandai Perfect Grade Falcon and over the Tamiya primer and paint it worked like a charm.

I need to go back through this thread and see how DARKVIEW managed the colored panels. I can't remember if he repainted them after and then reweathered or what. I'm planning to paint all of the parts of the Falcon with the Tamiya primer and paint and then weather with the oils, but I'll need to test the Archive-X paints I have for the panels to see if they can withstand the oils as well. Fun times!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back