Great feedback & interesting.... as l said these may have a added 'space dust' effect once rescess is added to the hull, that l may do with white matt Humbrol on a brush using good old fashion dry brush technique, that will lighten loads the recesses, but that's when again we get the bible pictures promised In the mag for reference!!!.. I treat the job like a painting or photoshop...build it up on layers. I've seen some amazing recesses done & their crying out so be improved from the studios brilliant rush work job!! I'd love to do lots of silver worn pipes with rusts abound!!! but stopped myself!!! ;-).
http://i493.photobucket.com/albums/...9c755d3515363584367d3cd63422c_zpsdtje3zob.jpg
You'll see what l mean when it comes together, I wanted the recess walls dark as they are tucked deep in.

I'm sorry to ask,..but it's your own fault producing this incredible work.

How in the heck did you get these to look this way??????

I mean wow!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm sorry if you explained these most recent improvements but I skipped some of the posts about unrelated, etc.

Just wow.

How about I send you my Falcon and Video Camera. You paint it and record everything and then you post the videos and make a bunch of money.

Win win?????

Tom

I'm sorry to ask,..but it's your own fault producing this incredible work.

How in the heck did you get these to look this way??????

I mean wow!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm sorry if you explained these most recent improvements but I skipped some of the posts about unrelated, etc.

Just wow.

How about I send you my Falcon and Video Camera. You paint it and record everything and then you post the videos and make a bunch of money.

Win win?????

Tom

I tell ya what Tom... send em to me, I'll paint em for ya... it'll give me something to practice on before I start painting mine! :)

Right here's the lower hull panel BP-28 given in issue 36... Same as always in technique, keeping it light in weathering for now...
7c069c6d8e3e017c90e42d69cbae5ebd_zpslqi4e6qj.jpg

a0e20a9592172fcfc94a1b2e2155d871_zps9atnuira.jpg

Also I'll be continuing the gun turret cockpit when l get issue 44s repeat... I need to see what lighting system l want to got with so lve not forgotten its build l showed earlier. In this thread.

Last edited:
Oh I really don't like you anymore...:lol...love seeing the updates and I will be sending my kits to you very shortly after you received Tom1971's kits...:D:lol

Here's how my recess pit looks to the ESB studio falcon.... The undersides are darker (as they should be) on it as grit & grime/oils/leaks etc are more usual on engines undersides. The top ones will be lighter tho...
fbfc4e7bf5f123dd15d5a8b2a46217aa_zpsku4oddrh.jpg

Last edited:
Re: FALCON 32" hunk of junk build

Oh I really don't like you anymore...:lol...love seeing the updates and I will be sending my kits to you very shortly after you received Tom1971's kits...:D:lol

He refused. Something about not wanting to spend tons of hours working on my Falcon for free,...what a jerk.

:lol

- - - Updated - - -

Here's how my recess pit looks to the ESB studio falcon.... The undersides are darker (as they should be) on it as grit & grime/oils/leaks etc are more usual on engines undersides. The top ones will be lighter tho...
http://i493.photobucket.com/albums/...c4e7bf5f123dd15d5a8b2a46217aa_zpsku4oddrh.jpg

I will pay you $20 to do a start to finish video of a piece like this underside pit. Serious. Not kidding. I am betting others would too.

I get how you did the other pieces, hull panels, etc. I think but I can not comprehend how you did the underside pits. They look freaking incredible.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tom

Listen, l'll do a vid next time I've a recess pit to do.(the top 2).But as l say it's the same method l showed earlier, the 1-8 tutorial ...Do give it a go yourself & you may surprise yourself... It's loads simple as a weathering effect that's why l shared it out for people to try :).

Have a happy UK realise day for THE FORCE AWAKENS & hope the force is indeed strong in this one, lm off to see it & hope it inspires us Falconers.....(but please no descussion on its pros & cons here). I remember camping out 24hrs in a sleeping bag in 77 for the original....
21241c62d814417e0c1fe4a19e900ab6_zpsqprmxrsj.jpg

Saw it last night also! I thought it was AWESOME!!! LOADS of great shots of the Falcon! This is really going to put a spin on the reference material we have for this hunk of junk!!!

I hope it is okay to post some of my progress here. I was inspired by your work so I hope it's okay.

Aside from weathering my "Hasbo Studio Scale" 12" Speederbike and B wing I have zero experience in weathering a ship.

My plan was to completely finish my Old MPC Falcon first to develop my skills. Then my Hasbro 28" Falcon. Once those were done and I was happy I would then start on the Deago.

Well I said screw it and started on the Deago yesterday.

I am always having to wait to get this special paint, or this special glue, etc. and all that stuff adds up fast.

So,...again I said screw it and used my regular supeglue and my $1.50 black craft paint from Walmart.

This is my first attempt. I am very happy with the pit. Need to add in a little rust, detail, etc.

The hull I am going to re-do in Tamiya Insignia white but I think for my first try this section came out pretty good.

The fun of this is since the Falcon is so messed up you can just go at it again and again.

The pit and weathering streaks, wash, etc. was done with the above mentioned paint, some regular old brushes, a lot of Q tips, paper towels and a spray bottle of water.

I hope you like it.

I used this pic as a reference. It's the bottom of the ESB 32" Filming model.

VEH_IA_889.jpg

Mine. I just did the streaking to the right of the pit.

My%20New%20Collection%20025.jpg

My%20New%20Collection%20039.jpg

Close up of filming prop pit:

Capture.png

My Deago pit:

My%20New%20Collection%20019.jpg

Tom that recess pit look awesome, well done. The beauty of falcon is you can keep adding to the weathering layers both light & darks... The DeAgo forum has a new section with plenty of the underside of the studio Falcon photographs. Loved the movie & it's a defo Falcon making booster.

Thanks guys. I was real happy with it but I am most excited about not being scared of doing the Falcon paint job anymore.

I think the pit looks even better in person and I am shocked I was able to do it to where I was happy with it. Now I am so excited I need to get cracking on the rest so I can start painting and weathering.

Tom

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back