Eomer from LOTR build - WIP

Sneak peak from tonight's debut. I'll upload better pics when I get to a wireless connection.

abe5e9ed.jpg
bu2eveju.jpg

So great.... Thanks for posting all the layering progression.

You did such an excellent job. I am so in love with this costume and you nailed it.

I actually clapped when you came on the screen while I was watching The One Ring's live broadcast last night. My son came over to see and I'm like, "I KNOW HIM!" hahaha!

Betty from our fb group and I had such a fun time watching it from afar. Next best thing to being there.

And don't be shy!! He took "Band Favorite", everyone!!! :D Much deserved....

Amazing work! It turned out so well. Still looking forward to seeing the helmet and scabbard in the future, but this is so great it doesn't even matter that you had some missing parts.

Excellent costume, I like what you did with the chain mail, did the middle section work well?

Yes, it worked great! Nobody was the wiser, and it was that much less chain I had to weave. I just put about 2 dozen eyelets into each end of a heavy cotton tube and hung the mail from it.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's a slightly better shot, showing off most of the full costume. This was after walking a couple blocks back from the Evening at Bree party, so I didn't notice my right greave had become a bit cockeyed.

Eomer_Hallway.jpg

Yes, it worked great! Nobody was the wiser, and it was that much less chain I had to weave. I just put about 2 dozen eyelets into each end of a heavy cotton tube and hung the mail from it.

Isn't that what the movie costume did? I seem to remember seeing that when I was building it...

I lost all my source material when my computer bombed a few years ago, or else I'd check myself.

Isn't that what the movie costume did? I seem to remember seeing that when I was building it...

I lost all my source material when my computer bombed a few years ago, or else I'd check myself.

Yep. In one case at least. This is from the Weapons and Warfare book:ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378233566.120233.jpg and mine: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378233589.975466.jpg

Fantastic!!! this is just amazing, as soooo much details. I am blown away! Can I ask what material you used to create the horse detail on top of the pommel?

Ah! Sorry I missed this. In the last few days before I left I was doing nothing but working on this, eating and sleeping. For the pommel, I cut a rough semi-circular shape from a few layers of MDF, glued them together, and carved them freehand with a dremel. Then I put on a layer of wood glue and then rub-n-buff (which didn't really work because the surface was still pretty porous). For the cross-guard horse heads, it's super sculpey that I then hit with a heat gun to harden.

WOW, this costume is incredible! Can you describe the painting technique you used on the foam "metal" scales and what paints you used? I love the look, I'm currently working on my breastplate for my female Thor costume for Halloween, and trying to find the best technique to make the foam look metal-like. Thanks!

Ah! Sorry I missed this. In the last few days before I left I was doing nothing but working on this, eating and sleeping. For the pommel, I cut a rough semi-circular shape from a few layers of MDF, glued them together, and carved them freehand with a dremel. Then I put on a layer of wood glue and then rub-n-buff (which didn't really work because the surface was still pretty porous). For the cross-guard horse heads, it's super sculpey that I then hit with a heat gun to harden.
Grey Pilgrim, Once again THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart! I realized you were sooooo busy and knew when you were able to catch your breath after the show, you would respond :) I sure appreciate EVERYTHING!! THANKS again!!!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back