eFX TIE Fighter

At statueforum.com BigLeagueChu has posted:
"I talked to Bryan about these. He said they are thinking of having a 1000 edition size for all three fighters as a whole: Vader, Regular, and Interceptor. Yes, there is a Vader coming! Cost was around 600-700 for the regular Tie."

Can anyone confirm this information?

For me an edition size of 1000 for all three fighters as a whole makes just absolutely no sense !
eFX has sold 838 x-wings. Almost every x-wing-customer will buy a ANH standard tie. Then there are people, who have not bought the x-wing due to its paint job and will buy a tie. In addition there are many "positiv maniacs" like myself, who just need to get two ANH standard ties for a Dart Vaders attack wing - especially at that price. So hopefully eFX will be able to sell even more than 1,000 ANH standard ties.

Regarding edition size, I would be more than happy, if eFX would go a similar way as with the x-wing:
Bryan, would it be possible not to announce a maximum number for the edition size?
Can you just set a preorder period and after it ended, then set the edition size?

At statueforum.com BigLeagueChu has posted:
"I talked to Bryan about these. He said they are thinking of having a 1000 edition size for all three fighters as a whole: Vader, Regular, and Interceptor. Yes, there is a Vader coming! Cost was around 600-700 for the regular Tie."

Can anyone confirm this information?

For me an edition size of 1000 for all three fighters as a whole makes just absolutely no sense !
eFX has sold 838 x-wings. Almost every x-wing-customer will buy a ANH standard tie. Then there are people, who have not bought the x-wing due to its paint job and will buy a tie. In addition there are many "positiv maniacs" like myself, who just need to get two ANH standard ties for a Dart Vaders attack wing - especially at that price. So hopefully eFX will be able to sell even more than 1,000 ANH standard ties.

Regarding edition size, I would be more than happy, if eFX would go a similar way as with the x-wing:
Bryan, would it be possible not to announce a maximum number for the edition size?
Can you just set a preorder period and after it ended, then set the edition size?

I really doubt the edition will only be 1000 for both version, it would make no sense, it will be more like 1000 of each. These will sell like hot cakes if they stick with $600-700 price range

GFollano

There is a lot of speculation about the TIE and TIE INTERCEPTOR seen at the EFX booth at comic. Well truth is they are my new kits…We are helping EFX with kit part ID to make their future releases as accurate as possible. I’ve read the post about what’s “wrong” with them and what’s right and I can positively tell you.. with just minor I mean MINOR adjustments in geometry they will be accurate. EFX is NOT re Popping our kit for their run.. It is a 100% new construction based upon scan info.. we are providing all kit details. The EFX release will have fixed those areas of geometry and BAM! Uber Accurate Studio scale TIE Fighters and Interceptors.

I’ve seen the digital scans if the studio TIE and EFX have the capability to reproduce those scans perfectly! So if you want an accurate collectible and don’t want to build it yourself the EFX TIE series collectibles are the way to go! From what I understand they are even researching reproducing the 23 louvered Koolshade material to make the wings like the hero model.. cant wait to see how that goes!

One of the biggest arguments in the past has been color of the ANH vs ESB TIE. Thanks to photos provided by Lucas film and Gene K the actual color of the ANH TIE has been matched… all I can say is it’s not grey.

Keep on the lookout for updates and pre production pictures!

Steve

Last edited by a moderator:
If they keep them in the $600 / $700 I will be definite for the ANH TIE and Vader 100%

If this comes to a lottery on the numbers I do hope they will take into consideration the people who bought the X Wing.

Chris

This has every chance of becoming big successes for EFX, and chances for uber correct TIEs for the fans. Sounds exciting! Time to start saving.

Thanks for the confirmation Steve.
So the messed up scribe line tell I mentioned in my earlier post, did this make it into your kits or is it something that was corrected prior to molding that this EFX retained somehow?

The pure EFX Tie sounds awesome. With scan data and kit parts from you it should come out the best licensed SS replica yet! But arent the real Ties sort of soft in the kit detail dept.? Because they were cast from a master were they all like the soft, "gummy" sort of detail the Tie from the Science of Star Wars exhibit? Just wondering.

Last edited:
In an interview on Star Wars Action News, Barry said more like $700-$800.

Not really surprised. They are not blind. If they see this huge interest in their upcoming Studio Scale models...they will be more expensive step by step. Would have been really cool to keep the pric3 for each of them under 700 USD.

I think the details are also soft because they sprayed an heavy coat of paint !

Yeah I think so too. And I dont think people realize how rushed some of the paintings must have been.

kg_tie_studio_model-011.jpg

(Pic from modelermagic.com)

Doesnt look like a uber expencive prop, yet thats the way they looked, not even Vaders looked perfect.

So should EFX make it better than the original? If they stayed true, many would think it looks sloppy. On the other hand I dont like the idea of them being sanitized either.

I'm through with the tease for so long from these companies to do the Vader TIE. I finally got something I like better than an SS X1 (Lasse's kit), but if I hadn't, I'd be even more frustrated with this small edition size/lottery situation!

As glad as I am that they are adding to the studio scale line they do need to be careful not to over guage the interest and overprice the product. their idea of doing smaller subjects at a lower price point was the correct choice. As the price climbs the chances of me purchasing go down significantly. At 6-7 hundred its a done deal at 7-8 its getting too rich.

The Xwing is an exception as its the Heroes ship - Vaders TIE is an exception as well, as its the main villains... other fighters Good and bad guy are simply not as collectable, except to us whackadoos that simply must have everything Star Wars. I hope that they make a lot of money off the ships and continue make more cool stuff. I also hope that they make them at a good price point...

AS to the detail and quality - I trust Steve's Assessment. These are goiong to be the definitive TIEs, outside of the LFL archives...

Jedi Dade

No word yet. Bryan posts on RS and he hasn't given any specifics yet.

Can't wait to get this. I've always wanted a SS TIE. So much that I bought a Neisen kit and hoped to commission it out. That's not necessary now, although I do wonder which I'll see in hand first, the neisen or the efx.

-John

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back