eFX TIE Fighter

Ah that sounds awesome! And a ESB version would make perfect sense.

Im sorry if it seemed as I was bashing eFx above, cause I like them, and think they contribute and gives focus greatly to this hobby. Im just a sucker for TIEs and want theirs to be as good as it possibly can, and its allready looking really nice. Best of luck.

I'm paraphrasing Shadow, who posts at Rebelscum. He's at SDCC and is relating info gathered from Bryan and Barry.

In regards to the Bomber, he only mentioned an ESB TIE! So it could very well be just the standard version. I picked up on the Bomber from others alluding to it, sorry! :$ I've changed my previous post.

Verbatim:

"I'm now editing another large batch of photos to upload today, but let me try to answer some of these questions after a conversation I had with Bryan and Barry yesterday.

Right now there are three Ties that are going to be released tentatively early 2010, ANH Tie, ESB Tie, ROTJ Tie Interceptor. The Vader Tie is being worked on for later and will be a fourth release. Always in motion is the future so the targeted ballpark figure for these is well under 1K each, so the earlier estimates may come true. They will be releasing the first three Ties in the same general time frame, but probably staggered because of the capacity of their factory.

The Ties will have lighting, interiors and some cool lighting features to compliment them. (If someone doesn’t like the lighting, don’t turn them on. I think the rest of us will really love what they have in mind.)

The stands for these are being shown as the same oval base as the X-Wing simply because that is what they have available at the moment for the show. The final base design is still under discussion, so a rectangular cover ready base like the MR Falcons is still possible, but they are sure they won’t be shipping the acrylic covers themselves. Too many potential issues with quality, breakage and cost with an acrylic cover that users could supply themselves if the supplied base accommodates it. The base issue is a future discussion for now though and they know our concerns, they just need to get the models done right first."

Ah i got ya bud, still, be pretty cool to see a completed replica Bomber, im a sucker for Bombers!
Just your your a studio scaler in the Mids, cool, were over i Bham, nice to see another UK studio fan!
Anyhoo, the TIE, yes lighting, its a no brainer, and TIE's look so killer with the lights, although subtle, they really look menacing with the engines glowing!

lee

Other then obvious more blue color what's the difference between the ANH TIE and the ESB TIE? If this is basic I apologize, while I generally like the TIEs I've never been "into" the TIEs enough to receite the grebblied differences ;)

Jedi Dade

The wings are constructed slightly different at the edges.

Ive also been told the color is slightly less blue on the ANH by one that seen both, but I guess thats up for debate.

Last edited:
While I wasn't blown away by the X-wing (which is admittedly a tough nut to crack), I'm really liking this so far, and I would imagine with the relatively simple paint schemes, issues with paint and weathering should be little to none. I may damn well sign on for the ANH TIE. Excited!

A couple more shots thanks to a good friend, I dont have permission to post these but I'm sure he wont mind?

DSC00994.jpg

DSC00992.jpg

DSC00993.jpg

DSC00995.jpg

Didn't expect this one so soon
DSC00999.jpg

That looks liek a scaled Falcon Guy, which, TBH depending on size, id go for, i kinda take it all back, eFX seem to be heading in a very good direction, now, all we need, is a scaled ISD.......im so demanding :lol

lee

Its scaled mate, the info on the plaque & notes behind say what it is, I'm liking the astroid base & also it looks like it will be lit as well, I used to have the code 3 falcon but never really liked it, dont know why but it never felt right. However this version already looks better & more accurate.

Mad as its sounding bud, being a studio nut, id go for this, it looks very endearing, hope this scaled line takes off for them, bout time it was done by somebody, kudos.

lee

I'd love to see some scanned/scaled capital ships come from this line that noone has seen before like the Tantive IV and Devastator, medical frigate, SSD, etc.. Maybe even a decent Deathstar or DS II. :)

Dave

I love the shape of the TIE! For some reason the ball looks more round, almost like the Ralph Mcquarrie TIE painting. To my eye anyway, I think it's great.

90-ralph-mcquarrie-x-wing-tie-fighter-death-star.jpg

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back