Let's Build a TIE Bomber!

The fuselage is 2" dia. These guys were in California building these models, I doubt most of them used Metric, stupid America. Also, you have to go off of known measurements, like kit parts. I never trust anyone elses measurements or even my own (that's a paraphrase from someone else, I forget who). The cross bar is .75in.

i think i found my root of the problems
View attachment 1812834the red area witch is not seen in the front or rear view, is inside the thick part, maybe i should have made it green
but u can already see, that not all views are to scale to each other

all views have a main fuselage of 52mm, except the bottom view, wich is smaller, only 51mm
View attachment 1812840
long story short, watch out your measurements
i have chosen now 21,5mm for the "x"

and Boxcar Bret, witch measurment did u take for the fuselage now, did u find an abs tube of 2 inches(50,8mm)?
will you work with 51mm or 52mm?
witch of both is actualy correct?

I used 2" ABS Gray Tube from Plastruct (TB-200)

Like SWgeek said, don't trust other's measurements, even your own. In my short time doing scratch builds I've learned to trust but verify. Look at your reference and use known measurements of parts. I will use plans, photos, collective research from the RPF and after all that it comes down to averaging all the information into a calculated guess and rolling the dice. Sometimes it works and sometimes you end up hitting people for parts.

Also, make sure that all prints are to the same 'scale' in both X and Y directions, using the included rulers (there just for that purpose). Some printing/repro/scanning results may introduce some distortion (a well-known (?) issue with some copiers due to a parallax error.)
Cheers! Robert

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back