eFx Collectibles Announce THE AVENGERS Limited Edition Replicas

The shots posted by Zombie Killer are definitely of the Mk6 from Avengers, so eFx's helmet shouldn't match that one 100%. The screen cap from Avengers 2nd trailer from EnderW is definitely the Mk7 (confirmed by seeing another screen cap of that shot showing more of the suit) so that one there's a mistake on the shape of the vent in the shot, but eFx has it right on theirs.

Case closed gents?

The difference in the look of the helmet has nothing to do with eFX or the quality of their work. If you don't like it, that is perfectly fine. But place the blame with the creators of the movie mold. eFX is simply recreating from what they were given

The difference in the look of the helmet has nothing to do with eFX or the quality of their work. If you don't like it, that is perfectly fine. But place the blame with the creators of the movie mold. eFX is simply recreating from what they were given

Then why is there a difference (excluding the gold color) between these two?
avengers.png

mk72.jpg

Edges seem to be so much softer and more refined than the sharp edges that really define the Iron Man look. The eFX version looks more like a fan made helmet than the one in the Promo. The White lenses seem to cheapen the look whereas the black eyes look really clean.

Im totally okay with eating crow if i end up being wrong, i'm just saying its not like they initally showed where the Thor and Cap products look identical. There was definitely some post work done after pulling from the studio mold.

please dont hate me! haha

Anyone who thinks that the Iron Man helmet is inaccurate is forgetting one thing:

You haven't seen the movie yet!

This is an Avengers helmet, not an Iron Man I helmet or an Iron Man 2 one. Maybe, just maybe he gets a new helmet. And maybe those spy shots we have from the set, early on, where people were carrying two slightly different Iron Man helmets around (One that looks suspiciously like this one) could indicate something like that might happen.

And MAYBE if you took the time to compare the helmet to the head of the Mark 7 statuette we've seen, you'd notice it matches...

And MAYBE the filmmakers want the suit change to be a bit of a surprise so they rendered the CGI for the posters and trailers using the old helmet model...like they did for the original Spider-Man trailer, keeping the surprise of the "Human Spider" costume a surprise for the theater audience, but rendering some of that footage using the full suit just 'cause.

Keep up the great work eFX. Looks like I'll have to save my pennies.

-Nick

First the eFx Darth Maul Lightsaber, now this?! My poor, poor, bank account. What am I going to do with you.

BTW, I stole this image for my blog. I sourced efx collectables. Goodjob, eFx.

Anyone who thinks that the Iron Man helmet is inaccurate is forgetting one thing:

You haven't seen the movie yet!

This is an Avengers helmet, not an Iron Man I helmet or an Iron Man 2 one. Maybe, just maybe he gets a new helmet. And maybe those spy shots we have from the set, early on, where people were carrying two slightly different Iron Man helmets around (One that looks suspiciously like this one) could indicate something like that might happen.

And MAYBE if you took the time to compare the helmet to the head of the Mark 7 statuette we've seen, you'd notice it matches...

And MAYBE the filmmakers want the suit change to be a bit of a surprise so they rendered the CGI for the posters and trailers using the old helmet model...like they did for the original Spider-Man trailer, keeping the surprise of the "Human Spider" costume a surprise for the theater audience, but rendering some of that footage using the full suit just 'cause.

Keep up the great work eFX. Looks like I'll have to save my pennies.

-Nick

Bingo!! ;)

I am nearly finished with my metal shield (I prefer "clang" to "thunk"), but no matter what I"ll be picking up the Cap helmet. As far as the Iron Man helmet goes I don't pretend to be able to pick out the subtle differences between the different suits but there is definitely a noticable difference between the gold plated promo pics of the EFX collection and the version that actually showed up at Wondercon... I am hoping the gold plating EFX plans to put on will rectify it as imo it looked way better.

You can learn pretty much everything 'bout the new props here:
Looks like the eyes on Iron Man's helmet will light up, Cap's shield is made of fiberglass as we expected :-( , they'll probably will start taking preorders in April/May and shipping in August.
ComicImpact.com » Blog Archive » WonderCon 2012 : eFX Collectibles

Guess Thor's helm isn't going to be in the Avengers movie, per the interview in that link.

Shipping in August? That's really far away... :(

Gotta say the Im lid doesn't impress me. Don't like the design of the mark VII :(
Thor Helmet is just outrageously cool and so is cap's.
Too bad I will never ever have that amount of money to spend on a prop :(

Ws saying this on a different forum, but since they made Thor's helmet from the Thor movie and not The Avengers, i really hope that at some point down the line we get Loki's helmet from Thor

I imagine that if any we'd get The Avengers version, which i'd still fet, but thr Thor version is so awesome

To be truthful all I really really want is the Captain America Mask/Cowl ... as a second the
Thor Hammer. But depending on prices Cap's Mask is first.
I know, I know most everyone else is gonna go after the shield or the Iron Man helmet but
I'm a Cap fan more than anything and all I really truly want at the moment is that mask, and I'll
prob be one of the few that go after that!
Please someone from EFX e-mail me and let me know what the cost of the mask will
be and where I can pre-order it from?

Really thought they would have posted more info on their website by now! Signed up for their newsletter again, see what happens. Loving the hammer and Thor helmet!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back