eFx Collectibles Announce THE AVENGERS Limited Edition Replicas

Mmm they said pre-orders would start soon after the show... Maybe we won't know anything till then... Also does anyone know if the shield is made of metal? Fiberglass? I think I still prefer one of Chris' shields...

I fully expect the shied to be the highest price point, and if the IM lid is around $600, that would put the shield over $1k

The estimates I keep hearing will put the shield between 350 and 400

If the Cap helmet and Mjolnir go for around those prices ($300-$400), I'm definitely in! $300 for the hammer is a bargain. The helmet is a big on the high side but for original mold, it's reasonable.

Top vent changed in the last movie, it's hard to notice but it's is the same in the new flick

I'm sorry, but i don't see it. The helmets from IM1/2 are the same whereas the eFX helmet is drastically different than any screen used or CGI helmet out there. Its very reminiscent of the Iron man 2 promotional art where the vent was much more of a "V." Even in those pictures, the width at the top was consistent with the other helmets, only the point at the bottom was narrower.

Here is a comparison i've compiled showing the consistencies throughout IM1, IM2 and even The Avengers CGI shots. They haven't really shown us the physical mk7 helmet yet so they very well could have changed the prop for the movie, but i doubt it when the CGI shots are ALMOST identical to previous CGI and physical suits. The only notable difference being the gold lip does not have the indentation of the prior helmets.

IronManHelmetComparison.png

Even the pictures of the eFX "concept" or initial photo are different from the prop shown at Wondercon. Most obvious being the gold plating. The mouth is actually open and not sealed shut on the first picture they released, as well as the edges, corners and lines seem to be much sharper. The one shown at Wondercon just looks cheap, dulled down and not something from a studio mold.

Everything else from eFX looks to be completely legitamate and as if it were really from a studio mold. While their IM helmet could very well be from a studio mold, i'm still disappointed in how it looks. I'd much rather have Finhead/Coofunkcurly's helmet. That looks far more professional, clean, sharp and REAL than the eFX.

IMG_0562.jpg

All the images you have posted other than the promo and EFX are of the Mark2 or 3 so your missing the change. If you watch the Avengers trailerr close you will see the vent has indeed been widened and the chin detail has been fliped over. The EFX molds are screen used/accurate and you will not find a better more accurate IronMan helmet period.

If eFx's helmet is based on the original molds, then their version matches the hero helmet used for filming, shouldn't be any debate there. There's clearly inconsistencies between the hero helmet and some CGI shots regarding the top vent dimensions as seen in image 7 above from the Avengers trailer versus eFx. And this isn't the first time we've seen discrepancies between the hero suits and CGI, as IM and IM2 both had other discrepancies in select shots. If you look at the Kotobukiya Mk7 statue, their helmet design more closely matches the eFx one.

All the images you have posted other than the promo and EFX are of the Mark2 or 3 so your missing the change. If you watch the Avengers trailerr close you will see the vent has indeed been widened and the chin detail has been fliped over. The EFX molds are screen used/accurate and you will not find a better more accurate IronMan helmet period.

Pictures were cropped from these images. The hero mk 4 and a still of the hero mk 6. Definitely no change in vent shape like was suggested from IM1 to IM2.

mk42.jpg

mk6.jpg

This is a screen cap from the Avengers trailer, this is not the mk 3 from IM1

mk7.jpg

Vent is clearly the same size and shape with the only difference being the gold mouth piece.

If eFx's helmet is based on the original molds, then their version matches the hero helmet used for filming, shouldn't be any debate there. There's clearly inconsistencies between the hero helmet and some CGI shots regarding the top vent dimensions as seen in image 7 above from the Avengers trailer versus eFx. And this isn't the first time we've seen discrepancies between the hero suits and CGI, as IM and IM2 both had other discrepancies in select shots. If you look at the Kotobukiya Mk7 statue, their helmet design more closely matches the eFx one.

You are right in saying there have been discrepancies between hero and CGI shots in the past, but the helmet always been the constant between them all. Why use the older CGI helmet files if they're going to go through all the trouble of making a new hero helmet?

I guess all i'm trying to say is i don't understand why there are discrepancies between the CGI and "hero" mk 7 helmets. We haven't seen a production still (to my knowledge) of the hero 7 helmet, so until then i'll remain skeptical. The eFX prototype looks to be far more "movie mold" material then the one shown at Wondercon. If the final product looks like the first picture released, i guess i'll be happy. Until then, i still love and prefer the mk2-6 helmet.

Discrepancies most likely a result of small mistakes by the CG shop. Understandable that small boo boos occur when you have to outsource to a number of FX shops and too many frames to look at during review.

Reason I believe it's a mistake is because the CG artists got the chin right but not the vent on the Mk7 specific helmet design.

Last edited:
I'm going to agree they look different. In this comp below the big pics are from the Avengers trailer at the end of TFA, the small ones are from the con booth. The 'V' or 'U' looks completely different to me.

IM-AVG.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back