DUNE 2021 Stillsuit Components

The upper is definitely fabricated by the costuming department. It's possible it goes over what was already there, but also could be entirely made from scratch.
I think that the rear ribbed part of the shoes might have been added by the costume designers. Some of the shoes designs that the members have found on line are pretty close. By adding that ribbed part, it could be even closer;)

I think the heel of the shoes, the arm plates and bands, and the knee pads are like the rest of the armor, made from scratch for the movie.

Even the shoe soles could be custom, that's just not something I've seen before.

I think the heel of the shoes, the arm plates and bands, and the knee pads are like the rest of the armor, made from scratch for the movie.

Even the shoe soles could be custom, that's just not something I've seen before.
Agreed. I’ve been scouring every shoe type, branching into specific footwear for specific activities. No luck. Right now, my money is on a Reebok-style trainer crossed with Furoshiki, but everything is fabricated specifically for the movie. We keep finding shoes that are close, but nothing dead-on, which tells me we probably won’t find “the one.” At least it seems like we’re pulling a lot of the same shoe/element references as the costume designers… ;)

Hi! Super new to this. Just wanted to say this thread has all been extra helpful for my Cosplay research, so thanks!

Also, wanted to throw out there that these kind of look like a “trail runner shoes”. I agree they’ve probably been altered by the costume/prop departments, but the wrapped toe, extra grip “sawtooth” sole, and longer heel style all remind me of that type of shoe. Hope that proves a little helpful? I just stared looking, so I haven’t found a close match just yet, but if I do I’ll post!

Hi! Super new to this. Just wanted to say this thread has all been extra helpful for my Cosplay research, so thanks!

Also, wanted to throw out there that these kind of look like a “trail runner shoes”. I agree they’ve probably been altered by the costume/prop departments, but the wrapped toe, extra grip “sawtooth” sole, and longer heel style all remind me of that type of shoe. Hope that proves a little helpful? I just stared looking, so I haven’t found a close match just yet, but if I do I’ll post!
I stand corrected, these are dive shoes like someone else suggested. Not exact, but the visible parts of the sole are the closest I’ve found yet.

Saralee85, welcome! Yes, definitely not a trail running shoe. I concur with Zlurpo and JrnymanProtectr that these are likely custom shoes and we won’t find an exact match. The tread pattern with separated heel is just very unique and frankly I don’t know what application it would be used for (other than a Dune movie…)

Last edited:
I actually think it's very unlikely that sole of the shoes is custom. I do think it is a real shoe, out there somewhere. It is possible that it was made custom for the film, but I think that's unlikely, I think they just modified it a lot.

Understood-I’m with you that they didn’t create their own sole but that upper combined with sole may be unique/very modified. And, holy cow, it’s hard to find.

Last edited:
Got a few kneedpads which we can use if we aren’t be able to find the exact match

EB34F32C-D338-4A5D-8138-59D712B3A19B.jpeg

5A3C74A7-2F5A-407A-A2C9-D670CD9EBC7D.jpeg

2F392960-3F21-4594-9839-FBFFB2D06DA5.jpeg

E2A71DBF-3E96-4FB5-AF88-0949D967B7E6.jpeg

E82E6767-736A-4789-9B11-7966C2BFE67C.jpeg

38A110A3-4784-49D6-9D6B-3B099DE2A8AC.jpeg

I think it's the original color but with some of their dust color ground into all the straps to turn them the color of the desert.

I think I’ve found my alternative shoes before it’s finally identified.

It’s a Chinese brand called Warrior, they’re less than CNY 100(around USD 10~15). Good choice for a temp solution.

8B4EBBC3-80B8-4037-9D0C-41A32B1183D0.jpeg3C2AB353-5083-4CC0-8E48-5956DB32F428.jpeg4BA418AD-7D5F-4E37-91F7-2EC0C1092A4B.jpeg4EA67442-0D35-4B81-8FFF-7C323314C353.jpeg91E891D8-E68D-400A-9213-DDA208F907E5.jpeg1F4981C7-E969-4E6C-B9AE-3DD491CF45D1.jpeg

Rivaskiy those look good! I am seeing some similar ones on Amazon for 30-40 bucks. Might go the cheapest possible route since there we be some mods.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back