DUNE 2021 Stillsuit Components

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

cpullins0112

Looking for shoes that may have been used as the base for the stillsuit costumes in Dune (2021), or a similar model.

Capture.JPG
DU_05633_Edit_r_2__4_.jpg

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

ID10T

Sr Member
I did a search for sawtooth sole and found a bunch of images.

But, those may have been made by Reebok special for the film. I notice they have some sawtooth options but none that wrap over the toe. At the same time, they sort of remind me of the Reebok made combat boots.

If you conclude similarly, I can ask my friend who is one of the heads of design at Reebok to see what he can find out. But I won’t bother him if you think I’m off base.

cpullins0112

I did a search for sawtooth sole and found a bunch of images.

But, those may have been made by Reebok special for the film. I notice they have some sawtooth options but none that wrap over the toe. At the same time, they sort of remind me of the Reebok made combat boots.

If you conclude similarly, I can ask my friend who is one of the heads of design at Reebok to see what he can find out. But I won’t bother him if you think I’m off base.
Definitely not off base. This is the best lead I’ve found. If you wanted to reach out to your contact I’d certainly appreciate it. I’d be inclined to believe Dune commissioned Reebok for the costume, or otherwise modified one of their existing products.

ID10T

Sr Member
He is not aware of Reebok doing anything on this.

He did not confirm or deny they were Reebok shoes either.

He does running (or outdoor- I don’t remember now). Each division has a design head. So, it could be Reebok and he would know nothing about it.

Coukd also be the prop department going shopping...

cpullins0112

He is not aware of Reebok doing anything on this.

He did not confirm or deny they were Reebok shoes either.

He does running (or outdoor- I don’t remember now). Each division has a design head. So, it could be Reebok and he would know nothing about it.

Coukd also be the prop department going shopping...
I really appreciate your checking on that. My best guess at this point is that the costuming department purchased shoes (Reebok or similar) and then customized the tops with the fabric that's present in the rest of the suit.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.