Dune (2021) Still Suit build

So far i have made the following vest to my size with the Tabbitha templates. for the most part they are a good start but you really need to mod the crap out of them if ur not a 5'10 hot chick lol but i got it workin so far!

Attachments

• MY BUILD.jpg
    MY BUILD.jpg
    301.7 KB · Views: 174
I officially found exactly what was used for the "foam" parts of the stillsuits.

It is ribbed neoprene with the ribbing on the "inside" and the back on the outside (see HD picture of the original and pictures of the material I found)

Good news it's easy and safe to laser cut.
Bad news it's expensive AF compared to EVA.
If you don't mind sharing, where did you source the ribbed neoprene from? The ones i have found do not look close. Thanks

If you don't mind sharing, where did you source the ribbed neoprene from? The ones i have found do not look close. Thanks
Well that will be tough I got it through a rubber manufacturer in New Zealand that has factories in China.

I can give you the link to the NZ shop but neoprene is heavy as ****

Hey everyone sorry for the lack of updates but here's a BIG one.

"Final" edits made to patterns and applied to latest builds (see first picture)

Making the screen accurate neoprene kits now (see second picture) this is heavy compared to foam (about the same weight as veg tanned leather)

Sorry for the files being unavailable , I have been getting slammed at work and with orders churning out two to three suit tops a week I will update the files soon.

Attachments

• IMG_20211122_220716.jpg
    IMG_20211122_220716.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 245
  • IMG_20211120_184629.jpg
    IMG_20211120_184629.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 248
Looking fantastic XavNZ92 !!!
The neoprene pic has that “extra” something making it look straight from the set . Hadn’t considered the weight.

This thread is great , so much stellar work going on all around by everyone. I hope to get a build going soon too

I officially found exactly what was used for the "foam" parts of the stillsuits.

It is ribbed neoprene with the ribbing on the "inside" and the back on the outside (see HD picture of the original and pictures of the material I found)

Good news it's easy and safe to laser cut.
Bad news it's expensive AF compared to EVA.
Found some locally that is extremely close. Texture on back side is almost identical. Do you have a rough estimate of how much is needed for the templates? It is available in 3ft x 3ft sections so i am not stuck buying a whole role. Thanks

Found some locally that is extremely close. Texture on back side is almost identical. Do you have a rough estimate of how much is needed for the templates? It is available in 3ft x 3ft sections so i am not stuck buying a whole role. Thanks
Depends on size really , I would say 8 feet on average maybe less if you really optimise.

Hey everyone sorry for the lack of updates but here's a BIG one.

"Final" edits made to patterns and applied to latest builds (see first picture)

Making the screen accurate neoprene kits now (see second picture) this is heavy compared to foam (about the same weight as veg tanned leather)

Sorry for the files being unavailable , I have been getting slammed at work and with orders churning out two to three suit tops a week I will update the files soon.
These are looking incredible!

Just to clarify, are you taking orders for kits or for full commissions for these suits?

Ok so for everyone interested.

In a few days I will share a combination of STL files and vector files (for laser cutting) of the entire padded areas of the costume in extremely high detail.

Also here is a picture of what the costume looks like under the chest piece (makes things much easier)
I’m really looking forward to your files. Are they completed?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back