DRIVE (2011) Scorpion Satin Jacket

well I sent my Gaspar gloves (size 7.5) back for a size 7 and they arrived at their store of September 21st. As of today, no shipping notice or even a courtesy email that they even received them. I guess I will have to give them a call Monday to see whats up. Anybody else have any issues with exchanging their gloves? Tibor was really quick to respond to my initial email but I have not gotten a SINGLE response to subsequent emails Ive sent since then and they have had the gloves for over 2 weeks.

I don't know. Those things look bad. Even free might be too high a price lol

nah, its a nice thing for steady to do. Maybe in real life they will turn out better.

thought I would post some color variance pics of my Steady jacket.

After wear, this jacket does kinda conform to your body. Despite feeling rather cheap and thin, the knit doesn't seem to stretch out and retains its shape.

Its amazing the color variance one can get when simply changing the filters on your camera (and I think that’s what is so hard about pinning down actual color. To name Steady’s color as off white (or even white in general), really is not a fair assessment in my opinion.
I think they actually came really close to nail down color. A few tweaks on the pattern as well as the addition of 100% wool ribbing and cuffs would make this a really close clone to the originals.

I have been wearing mine and so far, got tons of complements but they come from people who have not seen the movie lol.

Got my trucker, just waiting on Gaspar to send me my exchange gloves (still waiting after two weeks).

Note: All of the pics were taken at the same time with the same lighting…

Dunno what the issue is, didn't have a problem with them in the past. Went smooth as butter. Sorry you're having a problem now, sucks!
Man, I wish you didn't send those back, I totally need a replacement pair around 7-7.5. Now I'm worried about dealing with getting another pair from them if you are having issues with Gaspar now. Uggg..

Anyone on this thread have an extra London Tan in 7-7.5 they wouldn't mind letting go or have a double of?

well I sent my Gaspar gloves (size 7.5) back for a size 7 and they arrived at their store of September 21st. As of today, no shipping notice or even a courtesy email that they even received them. I guess I will have to give them a call Monday to see whats up. Anybody else have any issues with exchanging their gloves? Tibor was really quick to respond to my initial email but I have not gotten a SINGLE response to subsequent emails Ive sent since then and they have had the gloves for over 2 weeks.

Yeah I dunno what's up. I'll give them a call on Monday if I don't hear anything. They are actually relatively close and I just kick myself for not "driving" (get it...eh..eh?) down there and trying some on. I will keep everybody posted.

just got off the phone with Tibor. He stated that there was a huge backlog and that a new shipment should come in by the end of the week so hopefully I should have my gloves sometime over the weekend. Yay

hey guys, first post on here, just found this forum through google searches of trying find the infamous drive jacket. i see you guys pay top dollar but im curious to ask. they are some cheap "replica" models on ebay for like 50 to 80 bucks. im not really tryna spend 150 and up bc i honestly wont wear it out all that much. i do wanna get the closest "replica" cheap model that looks the part for halloween parties and stuff. do any of u recommend a particular model/site/or what to look for??? otherwise im just shooting in the dark then, but wanted to give it a try and ask. thanks guys, huge drive fan here as well. especially the music

ps...also, those of u who bought it, whats the best size to buy if u typically wear shirts in the Med to Large range, is it bigger fit, tight, just curious. thanks for any help u can give, appreciate it

Attached are some pics in better lighting - gives a better indication of the ivory color. Also shows how detailed the embroidery is. Cheers.
View attachment 237114 View attachment 237115 View attachment 237116

I've looked at your jacket alongside photographs of the screen used jacket and there are some differences.

The diamond stitching pattern on your jacket is smaller and squarer.

The scorpion on your jacket also appears larger than on the screen jacket.

But the stitching pattern on your scorpion, the scorpion colours, the jacket shape and the collar/cuff materials look identical to the screen photographs.

My guess would be that your jacket was a sample screen jacket, following which they altered the diamond and scorpion sizes to the final version.

Amazing find!

If it is a replica, the scorpion is amazingly well done. The long thread lengths are screen accurate and I've not seen any replica even close.

hey guys, first post on here, just found this forum through google searches of trying find the infamous drive jacket. i see you guys pay top dollar but im curious to ask. they are some cheap "replica" models on ebay for like 50 to 80 bucks. im not really tryna spend 150 and up bc i honestly wont wear it out all that much. i do wanna get the closest "replica" cheap model that looks the part for halloween parties and stuff. do any of u recommend a particular model/site/or what to look for??? otherwise im just shooting in the dark then, but wanted to give it a try and ask. thanks guys, huge drive fan here as well. especially the music

ps...also, those of u who bought it, whats the best size to buy if u typically wear shirts in the Med to Large range, is it bigger fit, tight, just curious. thanks for any help u can give, appreciate it

I'd just go for the steady version. I bought an ebay jacket before the steady version and I was extremely disappointed. It was very inaccurate, as are most if not all cheaper jackets.
I got a medium sized jacket and it fits like a glove, so I'd say go for a large or xlarge because they run small.

Last edited:
I'd just go for the steady version. I bought an ebay jacket before the steady version and I was extremely disappointing. It was very inaccurate, and few cheaper jackets are.
I got a medium sized jacket and it fits like a glove, so I'd say go for a large or xlarge because they run small.

I agree. I mean if you plan to wear it one time, then I would try ebay and be sure to size down because, as mentioned before, the ones on eBay run big. I would also try to find a pre-owned one as many of the "stock" pics you see vendors using are of the screen used jacket and no where near the finished product.
Furthermore, if you do get a cheap one I would try doing the blood splatter thing, something I've yet see a member actually do. I would get it really dirty (maybe run parts against your tire to get black streaks in areas) and then splatter on some blood. Get your hammer and boom, you're done!

I agree. I mean if you plan to wear it one time, then I would try ebay and be sure to size down because, as mentioned before, the ones on eBay run big. I would also try to find a pre-owned one as many of the "stock" pics you see vendors using are of the screen used jacket and no where near the finished product.
Furthermore, if you do get a cheap one I would try doing the blood splatter thing, something I've yet see a member actually do. I would get it really dirty (maybe run parts against your tire to get black streaks in areas) and then splatter on some blood. Get your hammer and boom, you're done!

great great idea, i may just do this, i would totally get the steady version but i need this by next weekend and they say their 3 weeks backlogged. eventually i will buy it though. thanks for the idea man

- - - Updated - - -

I'd just go for the steady version. I bought an ebay jacket before the steady version and I was extremely disappointing. It was very inaccurate, and few cheaper jackets are.

thanks for the heads up and lookout. need this by next weekend for horror nights in orlando, and then prolly use it once more for halloween. steady is 3 weeks backlogged or i would. eventually ill shell out that kinda cash but for now, ima try the ebay route and maybe do some ideas wit it. appreciate it guys

great great idea, i may just do this, i would totally get the steady version but i need this by next weekend and they say their 3 weeks backlogged. eventually i will buy it though. thanks for the idea man

- - - Updated - - -

thanks for the heads up and lookout. need this by next weekend for horror nights in orlando, and then prolly use it once more for halloween. steady is 3 weeks backlogged or i would. eventually ill shell out that kinda cash but for now, ima try the ebay route and maybe do some ideas wit it. appreciate it guys

I would send an email to shop@steadyclothing.com or call them during business hours tomorrow. They responded really fast to my emails. The site said 3 week back-order, but mine (size S) shipped the next day when I ordered it last week, because it was in stock and the site just hasn't been updated. Might be worth asking about for the size you want rather than to end up buying two jackets. It arrived today even with the slowest shipping option. Definitely order a size smaller than you might think, I'm 5'10" 140lbs and I kinda wish I had gone with a XS instead of a S, fits a little big.

The Jacket was pretty awesome... maybe the best thing about the move... i was disappointed, overall... you should hear Adam Carolla rant about how terrible this movie was... it was a bit of a dud, if you ask me... would love to see a replica done of the jacket, though...

...Have you not read any of this thread? It's all about replica drive jackets. There are tons out there, hand-made, store bought, high-end replica's, or cheaper ebay replicas, the list goes on.

Got an email notification that Selima is ready to take my order of my money 2s in tortoise. I placed myself on the wait list a while back but I have acquired a pair since then. so if someone here is looking to get a jump on the wait list, you can have my spot. PM me and we can work something out but you gotta act fast cuz I only have 48hrs to place any order.

thought I would give this thread an update with my progress

got about 90% of everything done. Still waiting on my Stacy Adams to come in as well as my flex fit cap. I think im gonna hold off on the Acne raws simply because after trying them on, I just didn't think they are worth the retail price considering you can get a pair of APC selvedge jeans for about the same (or possibly even less) than the price. That is what im wearing in the pics.

Info List
Steady Drive Jacket, 3rd Run. Size Small
Levis Cone Mills Selvedge Trucker Jacket Size Medium
LRG Henley (found it at the Goodwill for .99!)
Gaspar Gloves London Tan size 7
Selima Optique Money 2 in Tortoise (amazing shades, btw. DEF worth the retail price!)
Vintage Watch (not SA by any means but it was something handed down by my dad, funny how that mirrors the book)
VAUGHAN Hammer

and one of the coolest pieces people seem to forget, the Filson Large duffle bag in tan. Seen for only a few seconds in the beginning, this is what the Driver carries his stuff in. Amazing piece of kit. just got mine in a couple of days ago!

Here are some general fit pics of everything. I can layer my levis under the jacket but I haven't had it tailored so those fit pics are gonna wait. Im actually Ryan's size (he is way more bulked up than me but im 5'10, 165 lbs)

Im actually doing some detective work on more of these items. Im close to finding out exactly what Levis jacket he used (it was and was not just a vintage Levis jacket. More on that later). I also plan to go down to mister Freedom to see if they have any more surplus henleys. Will keep everybody updated.

Looks really neat, I love the Filson bag, might just get one for everyday use.

For anyone who wants the actual levi's jacket, the goldencloset has a screen used one plus the dark henley for sale

A0213.jpg

DRIVE - Driver (Ryan Gosling) denim jacket and Henley shirt | The Golden Closet

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back