DRIVE (2011) Scorpion Satin Jacket

I just got my black steady jacket in yesterday. Fit is great, although definitely on the short side (this is the style though, so I don't mind). My only wish is that there was no scorpion (think I'm in the minority here). Still, the gf digs it and I plan to keep it. Might have an ivory one made through Magnoli but need to see pics of finished product in ivory (vs. the white, which is the only one that has been made far as I know - can anyone confirm this?)

I would just like to agree with everyone who recommended to get the Gaspar gloves one size down. I listened to them, and my gloves fit great.

I've owned the Sunspel henley for a few months now. I don't think it's accurate enough, if you wan't the look, but it's probably the nicest feeling undershirt I can recall having.

The Driver's ghurka Docker's are on a really good sale right now through their website. The site also says the color is discontinued.

I ended up ordering a jacket. Went from the east coast to Montana in two days, and was shipped on the day I ordered. Great customer service, and the jacket is phenomenal. I figured I'd size up, and I'm glad I did. The sleeve length is perfect, which is what I was worried most about. I've gotten a few compliments in the two times I've worn it in public. I really love this jacket.

I ordered a ebay jacket to compare to my proper one. Fabric is decent, is white with a sort of silver thread running through very fine that gives it a fairly close colour and nice shimmer.

Neck and cuffs are thick (very thick) very dark brown ribbed knit which is more ribbed when stretched than it is when rested.

Quilting is good and fair size. Scorpion is fine and right size but shading is missing. I added some in with a copic marker.

Inside is brown satin lined. Arms ARE wrong and dont come down far enough at the sides, but still have the brown underarm pieces where the arm attaches. its just they arent quite big enough.

Fit is spot on, XS is what I ordered and fits the same as my Small jacket.

Quality isnt bad but could be better. Pockets are correct.

PM me for pics as I'm a bit dubious about posting unlicensed jacket pics here as it may tread on toes - even though it still isnt close to steady or magnoli of course.

I'd also be interested in seeing the Ebay jacket please. I've a friend who wants a drive jacket but can't be arsed waiting weeks on end for it haha

tumblr_m7ljf8Veoc1qchz4po1_500.jpg

Just thought I'd throw a picture up. Wearing some pretty close sunglasses replicas from Forever 21 and as for the shirt and jeans, I had already been wearing those when I took the picture. The jeans are spot on in colour, but the cut isn't too great. The henley look good when I'm wearing the jacket, but it has some phony patch on the left breast.

Last edited:
Hey Guys,

Well, I've received mine today from steady.

I have to say it looks pretty cool.

But the elastic around te wrists, collar and waist feels kinda loose..and there thin.

And the button on the collar looks a bit cheap.

I'm not sure if I keep this size. I bought a size L.
I think a size would fit better...

I know I have promised last time to post some pictures of the henley and pants but I just bought a house and we're rebuilding the place, so I haven't got much time.

I will try to post some pictures tomorrow.

So I found this jacket, for only $44.00 for boston fans, and girls. but might fit snug on guys. I know its not the right colors, but damn closest thing than buying the knockoffs on ebay for 80+

http://www.therpf.com/f24/drive-2011-scorpion-satin-jacket-127101/index87.html

celtics-womens-reversible-satin-jacket-37519245.jpg

Stitch on the back or something heh. color the green a different color... its reversible, ya know... this obviously is made by someone in somewhere but who knows where... wish they had Philadelphia eagles.. id be all over that.

Hello guys, i'm interested in buying the black replica with the golden scorpion from Ryan Gosling Scorpion Drive Movie Jacket for sale and i was wondering if any of you guys have an experience with this particular product (the Drive jackets) or any other product from that seller. I guess my real question is; are they legit?

I'm pretty sure this company are making their own version and not selling Steady jackets. I don't know of anyone who has bought one on here so have no idea how good it is. They have three different variations for sale. I would have the following concerns if buying from them:

1) The pictures they are using for the ivory jacket is of the actual jacket used in the film and therefore, does not show you what their replica will actually look like.

2) The pictures of the black jacket with black scorpion they are using are of the Steady jacket. Again you have no idea of what their version looks like.

3) The pictures of the black jacket with gold scorpion are the lack Steady jacket with the scorpion from the ivory jacket photoshopped onto it.

The fact that their own website does not include photographs of the jacket they make and are trying to sell rings alarm bells with me. If it is a good replica then why not show the world rather than using pictures of other replicas and screen jackets.

And this
http://www.therpf.com/f9/has-anyone-ordered-anything-celebswear-com-144183/

Dan

Last edited:
Has anyone received their jacket from Indy???

Only saw the few pics of the jacket on his site which was a bit large and didn't show it in its best possible light.

I know that there were a few people ordering from him. Let's see em!!

Dan

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back