DRIVE (2011) Scorpion Satin Jacket

Been lurking for months, finally making a post 8) Got my jacket (size LARGE).. regret not getting an XL :( I need another 1/2-1 inch in the chest and length. Fortunately Cathy seems cool with exchanges, so as soon as they get one in, I'm gonna make the switch.

Otherwise, I've got the boots, jeans, henley, gloves and watch all lined up. The only thing I am missing is the glasses! Has ANYONE found an acceptable alternative? I went to my local mall yesterday to look at tortoise avatars, but they were all HUGE. Any help would be very much apprecated! And I WILL post pictures of my complete costume in 2 weeks, after Wondercon ;)

It should fit perfect on you dude! You just have to be patient regarding the delivery.
I ordered the jacket on December 27th and I received it last Wednesday (part of 4th run) but I live in Paris and I had to pay 50 $ of customs cost...so that was a bad surprise!!

Thanks... I know, I'm trying not to think about it... Luckily I live near there warehouse (STEADY Co) so hopefully it's not to long after the expected ship date.

Sorry to hear that

So I finally found a jacket on the bay that looks legit enough to pass as the one from the movie. Hopefully it will fit. It's a shame I couldn't find the right shade of blue at my local Levis store.:rolleyes

29wwdo0.jpg

Hey guys, I'm new I've also been lurking around this forum.
I've been putting together the drive outfit myself. I already have a few levis trucker jackets from over the years but now I finally was able to order the stacy adams boots and sunglasses. I ordered both just last week , i ordered the stacy adams boot in steel gray and I've been on the waiting list for the selima optique money 2 for about a month when I got the email wednesday that a fresh batch had arrived i purchased them the same day they should arrive by thursday.

hum, I don't know, looks pretty spot on to me. Not too dark blue, more faded-like.

ryan_gosling_pictorial_gosling_compendium_driver_levis.jpg

Ryan_Gosling_Levis_SG-thumb-466x675-50845.jpg
This looks like it started as a raw Levi's trucker jacket, that was then washed maybe 2-3 times at the most. Having owned multiple Levi's raw jeans, you get the exact same colour even after one wash. I wouldn't be surprised if they bought a bunch new, and washed them a few times before using them in the production.

This is one I bought a year or more ago, even before the movie. http://reviews.us.levi.com/1341/4192306/reviews.htm It's no longer available, but one wash made the colour almost identical to the jacket worn in the movie. Another wash will make it the same I think, with more wear. I'm pretty sure they tailored this jacket too. No Levi's jacket is that slim in the arms, especially at the wrist.

Last edited:
I have the dark, rigid indigo. It stayed pretty dark when I washed it but it looks nice and bright in the sun. One of those great colors that can go both ways.

Dorian, I got the hat today. It's very nice. I will post pictures when I get home today.

Must-have for drive fans!

I hope you do. People should get this. Must-have. Absolute must-have for a Driver costume. I just wrote "DRIVER" on my tag.

This looks like it started as a raw Levi's trucker jacket, that was then washed maybe 2-3 times at the most. Having owned multiple Levi's raw jeans, you get the exact same colour even after one wash. I wouldn't be surprised if they bought a bunch new, and washed them a few times before using them in the production.

This is one I bought a year or more ago, even before the movie. Levi's - Slim Fit Premium Trucker Jacket - Rigid Selvedge customer reviews - product reviews - read top consumer ratings It's no longer available, but one wash made the colour almost identical to the jacket worn in the movie. Another wash will make it the same I think, with more wear. I'm pretty sure they tailored this jacket too. No Levi's jacket is that slim in the arms, especially at the wrist.

I believe they might be vintage because of the buttons used... I have the newer style wilth silver buttons... I had my jacket tailored as well... Looks just like this one..

Btw... Great find man.... Looks spot on to me... Don't wash it

I believe they might be vintage because of the buttons used... I have the newer style wilth silver buttons... I had my jacket tailored as well... Looks just like this one..

don't know if you were speaking to me, but I won't wash it. Maybe dry clean it since it is 70's vintage and probably smell like it.

Is the jacket easy to have tailored? I'm thinking of getting my levi one tailored due to the arms being a little too baggy for a slim fit jacket.

Levi had a more expensive version of the jacket with american-made denim and the aged brass buttons.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back