DRIVE (2011) Scorpion Satin Jacket

Kid's jacket? Then I guess all sulvinier jackets are for kids :]
I don't think this jacket is as overthe top as other sulvinier jackets, just take a look at those:
LITTLE REATA: 1950's Souvenir Jacket OKINAWA

I'm 6'1" but I have pretty wide shoulders and big chest - I think around 44" or so but that brown fabric extension part between sleeves is very helpful.
The jacket seem to be making weird noise when I first tried it on, but I think it was inside lining. It sounded like something could rip. Now everything seems to be ok and I don't know if it stretched but it doesn't make that weird noise.

Kid's jacket? Then I guess all sulvinier jackets are for kids :]
I don't think this jacket is as overthe top as other sulvinier jackets, just take a look at those:
LITTLE REATA: 1950's Souvenir Jacket OKINAWA

I'm 6'1" but I have pretty wide shoulders and big chest - I think around 44" or so but that brown fabric extension part between sleeves is very helpful.
The jacket seem to be making weird noise when I first tried it on, but I think it was inside lining. It sounded like something could rip. Now everything seems to be ok and I don't know if it stretched but it doesn't make that weird noise.

Corso, do you feel the jacket is ok for everyday use? I mean even just going out in. I'm asking because I love the look of the jacket and I'm interested in buying one but I wonder how it looks and feels for everyday use-no strange looks off people thinking the jacket looks ridiculous?

Corso, do you feel the jacket is ok for everyday use? I mean even just going out in. I'm asking because I love the look of the jacket and I'm interested in buying one but I wonder how it looks and feels for everyday use-no strange looks off people thinking the jacket looks ridiculous?

I don't think jacket looks ridiculous. It's very original. There may be some old school people who won't understand that look but people like that are everywhere. I think it's fine for everyday use. From the front it looks like it's a pretty plain satin jacket. The scorpion is statement but it blends with color of the jacket.

Yeah, it was the size that made her think of a kid's jacket, not the jacket itself. As far as wearing it in public goes, I plan on it. I think it's a nice enough piece to wear without looking too ridiculous.

Cool! Thanks guys! Only asking coz of course hunky Gosling gets away with wearing a jacket like that. Just wanted to know what u guys thought.
Thanks!

I ordered the jacket from getgoretro and even though I originally bought a Medium, they sent me a Small. What was the process you guys took to exchange the jacket for a different size? Did you contact Cathy first, and if so, what did she say?

I ordered the jacket from getgoretro and even though I originally bought a Medium, they sent me a Small. What was the process you guys took to exchange the jacket for a different size? Did you contact Cathy first, and if so, what did she say?

can you take a pic wearing the small please?

Just send her an email. Cathy is an amazing person to deal with, a buyer's dream. She will send you the right size right away, once she receives yours (obviously).

joelgoodson I attached some photos. The jacket looks cool when I don't move, but still feels a bit snug. I am afraid of ripping the sleeves when I either raise up my hands or bend down when tying shoes. It would be nice if it was a bit longer too.

AdamL Yea she has been very cooperative through all of this and she usually emails me back quickly, but she hasn't responded to the emails I sent her a couple of days ago. I tried calling her numerous times too, but I just get the answering machine.

Dolce its a Small. It looks good if I stand still, but the length is a little short so if I wear shirts underneath, they will be showing quite a bit. I ordered a Medium so I think I'll be more comfortable and not as worried about ripping it.

Cool! Thanks guys! Only asking coz of course hunky Gosling gets away with wearing a jacket like that. Just wanted to know what u guys thought.
Thanks!

Gosling looks like a regular guy. He doesn't look like a model or anything like that.
So rock your jacket and enjoy it.

Dolce its a Small. It looks good if I stand still, but the length is a little short so if I wear shirts underneath, they will be showing quite a bit. I ordered a Medium so I think I'll be more comfortable and not as worried about ripping it.

Well, then there is a little bit of hope left that the Medium will fit me.

I'm 5''10 and 175lbs.

@ bwpearl87

I think the small looks good personally, but if its uncomfortable then you might as well switch it for the $160 your paying. This jacket is supposed to be short though, Gosling's shirt even sticks out of it. Seeing pics of the small gives me hope that it will fit me. Im 5' 9", 167lbs.

One thing i've noticed on that small jacket is that the stitching on the front actually lines up correctly. I hope my small is like that aswell but looks like i'm going to be waiting until late february for mine as I got in on the third run :(

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back