Limited Run Dredd Lawgiver 2012 Full Electronics and Action

You wont see anything like this again . Go back in the threads since this forum has started nothing even close .
You're a machine brother, just a freakin' machine. I truly hope anyone/everyone considering a future project run at the RPF (or anywhere else) is taking notes on how things should be done.
Appreciate the kind thoughts, ADHD is a blessing and a curse ;)

I know some people throw ADHD around for fun, I had to short-bus it for a while in school before they figured it out, wasn't as recognized back then. Some people take medication, I funnel it into making. It's either this or I would be 100%ing Skyrim again...

This has been an epic project and I am kinda sad to see it coming to a close. Co-ordinating with other talented makers on this has been hugely educational and made this project awesome, though it did blow scope out a bit, so apologies for the delays:

Seeing Spidey74 get into the low level Arduino code that I didn't even know existed made this far more interactive (and stable) then I could ever have.

BeakZ amazing metalwork and tips and tricks on machining finally pushed me over the edge to get a lathe and mill, though I did walk away with band-aids from my first 3 times using the lathe.

There's no more parts, my Lawgiver bins are empty, these last few operations are it!

Except for the videos. I'm bribing my daughter to rough cut edit all the footage for me with a fat stack of cash for getting video 2 done on Thurs and Video 3 done by next Tuesday, and if I get a final cut of all three videos done by next weekend she gets a final bonus, even though it'll be me doing it I really need someone behind me with a sharp stick to poke me to get it done. So if I don't have the full video series by the 26th you know she's not going to be living large at the arcade next month (or whatever kids do with money these days).

Last edited:
Props3D - your dedication and kindness have just been incredible. My LG is the pride of my collection (just have to train it for my Irish accent haha! My bad Karl Urban obviously isn't good enough :D) but really - you should be so amazingly proud of this.

To quote Wayne's World - "We're not worthy!"

Much love and appreciation from the Emerald Isle ;)

Greetings Judges

Well, it appears that both Chris and I have rubber arms when it comes to this run :) I have been filming some footage of me making the Lawgiver barrels, so that it could be part of the series of videos Chris is doing. I'd made three more barrels as part of this: one to screw up, one to keep and one to give away. When chatting to Chris, he mentioned that he was clearing all his Lawgiver stock and selling electronic kits to get shot of everything. Somehow, we ended up including metal barrels in the kits, so eight more came off the production line:

PXL_20230316_195331546.jpg

These are on their way to Chris, and will be part of the clear out kits he'll be selling soon. So when the kits come up for sale, grab 'em while they're hot!

I'm happy that everyone is enjoying their Lawgivers, it was a hell of a ride!

Stay calm, and carry on.

BeakZ

Got all the electronics together and working, this also included a code upgrade from Spidey74 and a surprise if you hold the trigger down for 6 seconds. I'll do an update on how everyone can get it later but I'm exhausted and just want to be brief.
20230319_142216.jpg

If you're waiting the finals are rolling off. Only got one today because the electronics took longer than expected (of course) so I'll try and get 2 done tomorrow. They're all painted and cured, just waiting for electronics:
20230319_223030.jpg

I also idly muse while I work and I had a fun idea, couldn't resist mocking it up:

20230319_223448.jpg

This is a 3 part swap to turn the Lawgiver into a Gun4IR lightgun. All lawgivers will be compatible, just need to swap the heel, barrel, and add the lightgun electronics caddy and you're off. This is as far as I'll go with this until after the videos are published, just had to see if it was possible, and it is :)

The repair, the last parts kit, and the two extras are ready to ship!
20230322_122024.jpg

Video 1 and 2 now have complete cuts, 2 hours EACH. I can probably cut that down some but I wanted this to be absolutely complete end to end guides, something I haven't seen before, no wonder why.

On to editing the third video and completing the Toy Traders Lawgiver. Almost done! (still)

The last Lawgiver...

20230326_212218.jpg

That's it! All orders complete and shipped!

20230326_213123.jpg

It's been a hell of an experience. I'll def do a post-mortem once the videos are done, this is my first run and it's been a wild ride, think I can speak for all of us there ( BeakZ Spidey74 )

NOTICE
------------
-=Losing your primary weapon or having it taken from you is an automatic fail.=-
Pictures of your Lawgivers in action and/or at events will be considered admissible evidence in your defense

Last edited:

And almost 2 months later than expected.. video one is done! So sorry about the delay, this has been a crazy ordeal. Lots of things happening personally and this was a huge endeavor. I'm just polishing off the second video and will post it very soon. I'll worry about a better thumb etc but if I keep picking at this video it'll be in process forever, perfect is the enemy of done! (I keep repeating that to myself)

Damn, I joined this site way too late. I might have to try the DIY way but I feel like even just the 3d printed parts would get expensive if I got ‘em made on like nice sls machines. I even remember seeing a video or photo of the first version but I didn’t know it was gonna be sold lol.

Damn, I joined this site way too late. I might have to try the DIY way but I feel like even just the 3d printed parts would get expensive if I got ‘em made on like nice sls machines. I even remember seeing a video or photo of the first version but I didn’t know it was gonna be sold lol.
I'm just using FDM except for a few small parts, little sanding goes a long way. I cover the sanding and finishing in later videos. I ended up having to redo Adam Savage's one so that's the one in vid 3 so it has a way better finish than the Vid 1 one, all steps and techniques captured in the video. So I don't think you need anything fancy to do it. This whole thing was a process of many months. At the end I'll be cleaning out the last of the finished kits and I have 2 more sets of 3D printed parts. DM if interested, will sell the parts cheap, trying to clear space for new projects.

Last edited:

Video 2 is out! This covers electronics and coding. Wow this is going a lot longer than expected. 1 more to go!!!

Anyone who was in the run who wants to recode the voice recognition can use this as a guide.

Let me know what you think, this super detailed long form format is incredibly hard to film and edit but hopefully it's complete enough that anyone can use it to make their own and pick up a few skills. Or it just may be way to long :D

Last edited:
Chris - When do you think you'll have the 3rd vid up? Seems like you're using a flat black for the body and satin/semi gloss black for the slide - correct?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back