Done / Completed DREDD 3D Lawgiver kit by morganthirteen & joatrash (OPEN))

re: DREDD 3D Lawgiver kit by morganthirteen & joatrash (OPEN))

Had a few questions about these lately, so I thought I'd just confirm that we ARE still doing them.

Hi Joe,
I found this thread from the Brit-Cit facebook group. I'd be interested in one of your solid cast kits.
Sorry I couldn't send you a PM, as I don't have the post count to do so, having just joined RPF. Can you PM me details for payment & take it from there?

cheers!
Andy

Joatrash - have you successfully shipped any of these down to Oz? We have notoriously strict imitation firearm laws in Australia, especially Victoria, so I'm in two minds about this kit...
cheers

Joatrash - have you successfully shipped any of these down to Oz? We have notoriously strict imitation firearm laws in Australia, especially Victoria, so I'm in two minds about this kit...
cheers

A quick check shows that we did send one to New South Wales. As far as I know, there were no problems but we do insist that it's the buyer's responsibility to know their local laws since it's impossible for us to keep tabs on the different laws around the world. But from what I know of Aus, you usually need some form of permit from your local police station to import weapon replicas. (I know that it's easier in some territories than others.) No ida how it is with kits like this though. We usually label it as a model kit or something... and there's always the option of having it painted a bright color so that it looks like a toy IF it were to be opened.

Since the Airsoft version is not likely to happen due to cost, would it be possible to "insert" an Airsoft Glock into the Rotocast version of this after carving out the Glock handle section?????

Not really thinking in terms of firing the airsoft gun but more just so you could have a working trigger, mag removal, maybe slide action???????

I highly doubt it. The Glock takes up a good majority of the overall prop. There is no telling if the thickness of the resin would allow you to insert the Glock inside once you removed all the foam. I found some rather thin spots during my install of the electronics.

I highly doubt it. The Glock takes up a good majority of the overall prop. There is no telling if the thickness of the resin would allow you to insert the Glock inside once you removed all the foam. I found some rather thin spots during my install of the electronics.

What's the "foam"? Are they not hollow? Sorry, don't know much about roto casting.

They are hollow but then Shawn injects self-curing foam inside to fill the void and make the prop stronger. Otherwise it would be rather easy to break. The foam is easily removed once you make an opening.

Here is a pic of the mag well after the foam has been removed.
1375675_647567158611282_148351282_n.jpg

Note: The foam is self-expanding (insulation foam) and fills in almost all the inside areas of the prop. It cures into a rather hard filler. It took a little work to get it all out of the grip.

Last edited:

Okay, I know the stuff. Used it on my big Excelsior model.

Maybe I can get one with no foam, or maybe I'll skip it and get a solid one. I was also thinking of making an extending barrel.

Thanks for the info and pics.

What to do, what to do?????????

Since the Airsoft version is not likely to happen due to cost,

Within the next few months I'll have a 3d printer of my own. Once I do, I might be able to do something about getting the costs down a bit... ;)

For a firing version I would not use a resin shell. Resin is brittle and will probably not take the punishment of repeated blowback action. If you just want a static version with moving trigger and magazine you could probably do that with the rotocast. (I did a moving trigger for my copy with the display using a rotocast...)

Within the next few months I'll have a 3d printer of my own. Once I do, I might be able to do something about getting the costs down a bit... ;)

For a firing version I would not use a resin shell. Resin is brittle and will probably not take the punishment of repeated blowback action. If you just want a static version with moving trigger and magazine you could probably do that with the rotocast. (I did a moving trigger for my copy with the display using a rotocast...)

Interesting. Firing would be cool but more than anything I want to be able to play with it. Removable magazine (both), trigger, and working slide. Plus, I'm thinking extending barrel.

Bumping this to the top as Shawn just made a fresh mold!

Guys - you have to buy one of these! Superb work from both Shawn and Joe - mine is almost finished and I love it!

Friendly bump and really considering getting one of these in the next month or two if your still doing them then.

They look superb!

So Karl Urban just played with my Lawgiver at the Ottawa Comiccon. He was very impressed. Felt it was spot on the the look and feel to the pistols he used on set. Made a special plaque, that he signed. Thanks again guys. BTW, the paint's not finished yet; I want to dirty it up.

IMG_1703.JPG

Last edited:
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back