Dr Who series 5 ep 10 for Amy

a friend made a post to amy pond about leaving vincents painting alone with a link to the last theft of one of van gogh's paintings in the news. HA HA

will you be posting a small sample of your work ?

I can't tell if this is to me or Lightning, but if that was to me, I will be showing my progress as I go. The sketches I've done really aren't for public consumption. It's mostly squiggly lines and written notes trying to give myself a good sense of how the swirls flow.

When I do have something to show, I will post it. Anyone who's seen any of my threads knows I like to post a lot of progress pictures...maybe too many. :lol

-Nick

Still looking forward to this being worked on. Definitely looking forward to progress by anyone.

So I went up the Cali coast this week and went into a little glass jewelery shop. The Vincent sunflowers painting was just hanging there on the wall. It was obviously a print but it was still very cool to see it just there. It was so tempting to just walk up to it and write "For Amy" on it haha.

I just moved and I'm hanging all my posters and whatnot today. There's a spot on my wall that would be perfect for either a painted or printed canvas of The Pandorica Opens, so I'm definitely looking forward to your progress Nick.

Great thread. This painting has been on my list of things to do, and it's nice to know that others are having the same issues finding good reference pics of the entire painting. I had a couple of hours this afternoon having a go. I made up the missing parts as much as I could, and I'm still not completely happy with it. It looks too cartoony, and I think I need to add more texture with some thicker brush strokes. Any comments or suggestions would be great (please be kind! it is a first attempt). Can't wait to see what you talented guys come up with.
Cheers,
Richard

Just to let you people know. The BBC are now making posters of The Pandorica Opens painting. I picked one up today in Forbidden Planet. Either they haven't been released officially yet, or they're a limited run... I can't find it on Amazon or indeed Forbidden Planets website.

Either way, it exists.

I'm going to be stopping by Forbidden Planet London on the 8th or so, I REALLY hope they still have some of these in stock when I get there!

If I can get a high enough resolution pic, I might have this printed on canvas.....then give it a brush stroke treatment.

NOTE: Content removed so as not to hijack thread.

Last edited:
I did end up buying that poster at Forbidden Planet, and it looks great. My roommates (who aren't really Who fans) said it looks so cool it should be framed in the living room, but I was thinking of making a copy of it on canvas for my own personal display. Which may or may not raise an ethical question, which I'd like some feedback on. If I scan the poster and have it printed on canvas, solely for my own personal use to weather and make look more real and hang on my wall, and never sell it, is that considered recasting/inappropriate?

Did anyone ever get the hi res version from the OP, id like to have the Who ized version printed for me

I just ordered the print from Forbidden Planet also (awaiting Shipping charges)

I plan on having it scanned, then printed on canvas.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back