Done / Completed Doctor Who Machined Classic Sonic Kits/Completed Units

Bluebox303

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Update Log:
3/13: Payment Information is now available on the first post of this thread. (Scroll down a bit and it should be there).

3/12: The new prototype can be seen on page 4.
PM for payment info has been sent out. Hopefully we should be able to start the run soon!
IMG_0974.JPG IMG_0975.JPG
2/9: The shop is having a Worker Instruction course and maintenance break that will last two weeks. They won't be able to start production until late February.

Classic Sonic Screwdriver Order Instructions

This is time! If you want a classic sonic screwdriver either in kit form or as a completed unit, sign up now! Refer to the Original Post to see what is included in the kit.
Make sure to list exactly what you are paying for in the description when you place your order!

Kits:

• Pertwee $85
  • Baker $90
  • Davison $90

Stock Completed Units:

• Pertwee $125
  • Baker $110
  • Davison $110

All prices are in USD. These will ship from the U.S.

Shipping is 10$ for domestic, and 17$ for international.

Paypal Addy: Bluebox303@gmail.com

These will be shipped out around Late March.
Updates from the shop will come as soon as they start production.

-------------------Options for Completed Units----------------------------------

Options for completed units are listed below. These are made to order and things can be customized. Just send me a PM with what you want when you order. If you have any customizations that you'd like, you may also send me a PM regarding those.

Completed Pertwee
Mariner tape over yellow paint on upper column.
Bright red gloss paint on secondary band.
Mariner tape pattern on handle.
Unbroken chrome tape on activation strip vs chipped
No alnico Magnet.

Completed Baker
Burgundy paint on outer surface of brass halo.
Painted red burgundy flat head screw for securing Alnico Magnet
Spray painted matte black Alnico Magnet

Completed Davison
Regular (gloss red) Alnico Magnet.(optional extended magnet)[Will also be painted gloss red].
Brass Magnet retaining screw.
Flaked chrome tape over white paint on the activation ring.

Options & Finishes for Completed Units:
Flush halo supports
"Stud" halo supports
Gloss black for activation rings.

• Cape cod polish
  • Steel Wool
  • Machine Finish (There may be some slight scratches, but nothing that won’t polish out.)

Wearing around outer edges of the halo.
Painted white activation ring with flaked aluminum tape
30 degree orientation of magnet
(Weathered)

Clean, spray-painted halo and magnet
Painted white activation ring covered with unbroken chrome tape.
Vertical Magnet orientation(adjustable)
(Pristine)

------------------------------Original Post-----------------------------------

With season nine of Doctor who ending, I looked at my sonic screwdriver collection and thought about how I could go about filling in the gaps. With Nick Robatto making the New Series Sonics, and MFX sonics popping up now and then on eBay, I decided that I needed to find a solution for my missing classic sonics. I started off by taking measurements off of multiple screenshots and aligning them with the Character Options sonic, the top half of which is uncannily accurate to the original prop, except for some differences that those with a keen eye can spot quite easily.

A pic of an extremely rushed prototype.(Hand Painted)
FullSizeRender (4).jpg
This is meant to represent what a build up could potentially look like.(This isn't how completed sonics are going to look).

This replica will be sold in a kit form. Since all the metalworking will be complete, all that will need to be done is to screw some parts together and add some light paintwork in order to finish the sonic. Guides for painting and assembly will be available if there is enough interest.

Parts:
-Brass Halo Ring
-2 Halo Pins
-1 Extension Rod
-1 Center Rod
-Aluminum Halo cap.
-Alnico Magnet
-Lower Handle
-Upper Handle
-Black neck “bullet”
-2 Set Screws.
-Aluminum Magnet extension "spacer".

This replica will feature multiple traits.
-An extending Halo assembly as seen in “Genesis of the Daleks”
-A real Alnico brand magnet as the emitter.
-Removable and swappable Halo Assemblies.
-Brass Halo Ring.

In order to start the ball rolling on this, I need 17 people dedicated.

The Price for a kit will be 90$ plus shipping. I may be offering completed versions soon.

Individual unpainted halo assemblies will be 20$ as an add-on piece.
Note: Each Sonic kit will come with an emitter. This option is just for those that want multiple.

Shipping would be 5$ for US, 7$ for Canada, and 10$ to the U.K.

Essentially, this aluminum kit will be able to be dressed as a Pertwee, Baker, or Davison era sonic. More information will become available as the prototype is finished.

Baker3.PNG

FullSizeRender (4).jpg

IMG_0974.JPG

IMG_0975.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Doctor Who Machined Classic Sonic Pertwee/Baker/Davison Kit

I assumed there would be some interest. Please keep in mind that chiming in doesn't mean you are dedicating.

I'm interested. But can we see some more shots of the 3d model from different angles? From what I'm seeing your model looks pretty good. But there might be a couple dimensions that I think could be tweaked.

Here are some shots of the side.

baker4.PNGbaker5.PNG

I'm open to any recommendations. :)

Always nice to see these coming out, I have several Russ replicas versions. I would recommend adding a war doctor version, it wouldn't be that many more parts and would be easily added with the existing models

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As for the details around the activator ring, I believe that those should stay as they reflect the details in the "City of Death" screencaps, which I cannot find right now.
About the control rings, I'm unclear by what you mean by adjusting the sizes. Do you mean the size of the grooves or the size of the rings?
Its likely I will remove the hole on the band, as that was originally just there because the sixteen12 sonic had it, a few TLP variants had it, and I think a member of this forum that goes by the board name Straker added a hole into the activation band on his Russ sonic. However, I have been unable to locate it in the screencaps that I have.

I may be able to offer completed versions instead of the parts being in kit form. Also, I may be able to get the price to drop to about 85$ for each kit. More updates to come.

Happy to see some interest!
The Screwdriver kit will now be priced at 90$, and I am figuring out whether or not to offer completed versions.

I've been interested in picking up metal versions of the classic sonic's I've just not yet figured out the best way to go. Also debated whether to wait a bit longer to pick up the sound versions which are a little pricier or the non for display purposes...hmmm

I saw the War Doctor's mentioned, out of curiosity would the 8th Doctor's in the similar classic style be possible?

Possibly interested will share with a friend who will probably be also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back