Done / Completed THE EXPANSE KITS

JOATRASH FX

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey gang,

So... I've been of 'prop hobby hiatus' for around a year and change now after the Blade Runner 2049 Eye Scanner project. It took a re-watch of The Expanse- a show that I only 'liked' he first time around, but loved with this second viewing, to get my prop on again.

For the last few weeks I've been starting up some projects in connection with the show, waiting on the Propstore auction for the final ref I needed and now that I have it I'm going full steam on these.

To spread out my tooling costs of materials, I'll be opening up to letting some RPFers get addon parts too.

The props I am currently doing:

• Star Helix pistol addon kit READY FOR PRINTING: $175 shipped (see photo below)
  • Mars pistol addon kit with METAL upper barrel: $250 (MODEL STARTED but I CURRENTLY ONLY HAVE FIVE BARRELS PLANNED!)
  • Amos' Shotgun (just started)
  • Ashford's pistol
  • Miller's Goorin Bro's 'hat badge' (This is already done, printed and cast in bronze, because you can't get them separate.)
  • Miller's Rhino Grips (Currently available airsofts have the wrong grips. I suspect they used a real blank fire in the show, not an airsoft.)

Note that these will be resin printed (for the most part) addons for the correct airsofts and paintball gun. AMos' shotgun will probably be a mix of PLA and resin professionally printed parts. I have a machinist standing by to do metal top barrels for the MARS PISTOL!

Finished Star Helix parts (will be printed in clear resin and are hollow for adding lights):

1695855265580.png

Mars Pistol prototype parts (with resin rear barrel):
1696451703990.jpeg

1691575663348.png

Y'all know my past work and attention to detail, so you should know what to expect in terms of accuracy and quality. Chime in here if seriously interested.

Attachments

• 1691576285331.png
    1691576285331.png
    968.6 KB · Views: 229
Last edited:
Small edit. I have asked a machinist who has helped me in the past if he would look into doing the top barrel for the Mars pistol. Should know more in a few days. (Seems interest in Expanse props is pretty dead though...)

Not completely dead, I'm in. Have a lower quality Star Helix print on a WE Tech G26 Advance I'd swap out for your work. Also interested in the Miller items.

Not completely dead, I'm in. Have a lower quality Star Helix print on a WE Tech G26 Advance I'd swap out for your work. Also interested in the Miller items.
I'm currently on another project, but I don't ahve a lot left to do on the Star Helix. I'll get back to is soon 'cause I'd like to see it done. Just trying to see if I can find a suitable small flashlight for the scope, like they used in the show. The Miller grips will be a little further down the line.

yep, still interested in the parts for the Star Helix that we discussed, might be interested in Mars pistol parts if you are going to offer a machined top barrel, that would be way better than what I have on mine!

OK GANG... here we go. NOW is the time to speak up if you want these, because I don't always keep resin in the machine these days, so once I'm out... I don't be able to make 'em until the next time I have a personal project that needs printing.

Star Helix addon kit is ready.
1695855407544.png

1695855588380.jpeg

1695855599330.jpeg

The Mars pistol addon is next. I HAVE A MACHINIST WHO IS WILLING TO DO METAL UPPER BARRELS. However, that will likely be a ONE TIME order and at the moment I have said that I probably only need FIVE copies.

See the 1st post for costs.

Last edited:
BUMP. Looks like there's basically zero interest in Expanse props at the moment. Oh, well... just as a heads-up... if anyone thinks they might want a Mars Pistol with a machined metal rear barrel the time to say so is NOW. I'll be giving the machinist the go-head in the next couple of days or so, with a set limited number to make.

Mars Pistol prototype (using a resin rear barrel):
1696451653452.jpeg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back