For the Bespin’s it’s still kind of subjective in a lot of ways. Who’s blaster is actually who’s and where do they appear. Luke seems to pull Hans while encountering Yoda just as Han seems to pull Lukes while encountering Vader?
B006663F-9EE0-4610-816C-0A5FDED7F110.png
76D45D92-82FE-4EC4-ADB4-B8A7418C6074.png

Then the greeblie or lack there of on Solo’s Bespin? Does his blaster have one or is that side fully empty or.. is it anther DL-44 “Mystery”..
DC785913-81E4-45F1-BB88-91235A6D6AE2.jpeg
DA019B4E-4F30-4BC9-9B0E-386D64D2E2D7.jpeg

I know this isn’t the Bespin and/or Dagobah and maybe another subject line all together but here is some pics I created when I was breaking down and recreating a 1:1 replica of Solo’s ANH Hero. This is how it seems his flash hider and scope come to a rest on that specific film prop..
B9C666D7-35BD-494B-8421-FA13C8084667.png
0D8E30D8-AC3D-4591-AF46-98F7C5B89B54.png

I mean, they might be. The community never really picked up a new name for them, other than noting the light ports on the scopes lol

The weathering on the flash hiders also change, maybe we should call them 1 and 2 or something. They were live rented guns after all

I think I got the greenlight from teecrooz, he's a little busy, so if I misinterpreted I'll fix it. These were some of the photos we used in the ranch saber thread, discussing the upper grip screws. They also show Luke's Blaster in more detail!

Attachments

• tcBespinPromo3.jpeg
    tcBespinPromo3.jpeg
    162.6 KB · Views: 145
  • tcHallway.jpeg
    tcHallway.jpeg
    222.6 KB · Views: 139
  • tcPromo1.jpeg
    tcPromo1.jpeg
    159.6 KB · Views: 135
  • tcPromo2.jpeg
    tcPromo2.jpeg
    183.4 KB · Views: 137
Good enough reason to bump this, with the help of Vanitas, we were able to spot the ROTJ “bunker buster” in the Return of the Jedi 1 sheet poster.

F6950650-B178-4F6C-B480-CFC246ACACBE.jpeg

E4D8A540-DFF6-4529-B154-E8B513D18DDD.jpeg

Read all about Vanitas discovering that the blaster had a lanyard ring attached, which triggered my memory of seeing it on the poster here:

Billy Dee Williams was lookin at this thing the whole time thinkin “you guys seeing this?”

Last edited:
First time I see this picture
1698437856093.png

But I'm pretty sure this is James Schoppe's blaster:
1698437997739.png

not the same prop like the rest of the pictures in that section...
There are few differences between the two, the easiest to spot is the shape of the .... well hm engraved "phallic symbols"???
1698438109778.png
vs
1698438193837.png

First time I see this picture
View attachment 1755660
But I'm pretty sure this is James Schoppe's blaster:
View attachment 1755661
not the same prop like the rest of the pictures in that section...
There are few differences between the two, the easiest to spot is the shape of the .... well hm engraved "phallic symbols"???
View attachment 1755662 vsView attachment 1755664
I had trouble deciding where to put it myself, if it confuses things I may as well leave it out.
I was under the impression it was a preproduction pic from the context I found it in, but now I’m in the dark as to who James Schoppe is.

I thought it was from the set of pics shared here:

I cropped it from a pic posted by chubsANDdoggers, earlier in this very thread, because he has been very generous with sharing, I didn’t see the harm.
chubbsANDdoggers, can you give any context to this ROTJ blaster pic please?
If I overstepped, I apologize and will remove the pic.

Schoppe was an Art Director or something like that for ROTJ. Some years ago he auctioned few ROTJ props including this blaster. I've seen a lot of detailed pictures of it, probably came from the auction. Anyway, if you want to list every known DL-44 prop separately it is a different one from the 2 scope rings MGC in the archives. Not sure if it got any screen time though.

Last edited:
Ah, ok that mystery is somewhat solved, I’ve moved it to the Miscellaneous post with the bunker blaster.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if these count as separate DL-44s, but there's at least one ESB-style casting used in ROTJ:
1698454240993.png

and there's this in ANH :
1698454343695.png

that looks like Han's hero if you remove the scope mount from the dovetail

Last edited:
I not sure if these count as separate DL-44s, but there's at least one ESB-style casting used in ROTJ:
View attachment 1755745
and there's this in ANH :
View attachment 1755746
that looks like Han's hero if you remove the scope mount from the dovetail
This is getting into minutia that I hadn’t intended for this guide, but I’m game to add a blurb where appropriate. I had noticed the ANH imperial officer before, but not the ESB resin stunt in ROTJ, very cool.

My initial intent for this guide was for identifying the props and calling out their respective differences, much like the thread I did on Luke’s ROTJ lightsabre props.
I don’t want to overwhelm the reader, quite the opposite, I wanted to ease the reader into nailing down which version they might like to tackle as a project, and give them a jumping off point.

I‘m sure we could dive much deeper into details here within the thread, but I’d like to keep the initial posts on page one more basic and easy to assimilate. Perhaps the miscellaneous section could become a repository for more theory and nuance. I’d be happy to add quoted posts from anyone who wants to write up a thesis.
I hope this doesn’t come off as preciousness or self importance, I’m really only looking to guide the guide so to speak.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back