Dewy and Anakin Starkiller's Accurate Obi-Wan Kenobi Episode 1 Lightsaber Design

incredible work! I had no idea about the machining around the neck transitions...

It's incredibly difficult to take a good picture of the neck details so I made a quick cartoon with some of the features exaggerated to be more obvious:

Capture.PNG

funny that means that they machined the neck after the shroud.... or at least realized they needed a bit more clearance and went back.

the Hoth DL-44 blaster has an interruption in the flash hider bevel. It interrupts and starts at a different angle actually, really messed up. this is at least parallel lol

Looks absolutely amazing! Seeing this all come together is inspiring to say the least. Very excited to see the final results of all the hard work you guys have put into this.

It’s gorgeous. I really love the PT design aesthetic.

RE: The angled emitter plate. I can’t remember if it’s been said, but what’s the timeline on that? Made wonky? Damaged before principle photography, during principle, after principle?
I guess my main question is which way is screen accurate, or is it both?

I think most likely both are screen accurate. The picture of the saber on the ground before Maul launches it into the abyss looks straight-ish to me. However, I can’t do a reliable perspective match without several high resolution images from different angles.

It’s gorgeous. I really love the PT design aesthetic.

RE: The angled emitter plate. I can’t remember if it’s been said, but what’s the timeline on that? Made wonky? Damaged before principle photography, during principle, after principle?
I guess my main question is which way is screen accurate, or is it both?
All the resin castings have the offset emitter, but do not have the pommel damage. So, it had to be early

This saber will not be built around a threaded rod. While that was the original intent, we decided that the only way to get everything positioned and clocked exactly as it is in the model (that I spent so many hours perspective matching and tweaking) was to have a precision machined solid “core”. If you notice in the exploded view I posted a few weeks ago there is a duplicate silver cylindrical part in the emitter. Our hope is to have this saber be buildable in two versions: one with the emitter bezel off center and at a slight angle (as is seen in our reference photos), and one with the emitter bezel centered and flat as it probably was when the prop was first built.
Im sorry I asked this twice and you’ve already answered me lol

Very excited for this.

I forgot that these beveled rings were just that, with a little flange. Maybe glued to the steel plate and we’re able to be knocked loose. Unless there’s info suggesting it was a plate, sandwiched against the resin emitter section?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back