Denuo Novo (only) New and existing products

If they’re going for screen accurate then the range finder stalk is static. It moves in the movie (CG) but the prop doesn’t, the RF stalk sits in a slot between the outer and inner ear parts on the original helmets.
Correct. That's why I'm interested in knowing if it does or not. If it rotates, it's a deal breaker for me.

Apparently the Tie helmet is available now. I had the Anovos version of this exact helmet.

Drives me absolutely batty as it’s trimmed like a OT Tie, but the molds are R1 derived.

So if you’d like a $600 Tie helmet that’s not accurate to OT or R1 here’s your chance!

577C3190-2167-43AD-807D-6741C58E9CA6.jpeg

I've never noticed the notch out of the Imperial logo for Vader's wingmen in ANH. Are there screen shots to back this up? I am not finding any.

What makes this an R1-like mold? Symmetry?

I've never noticed the notch out of the Imperial logo for Vader's wingmen in ANH. Are there screen shots to back this up? I am not finding any.

What makes this an R1-like mold? Symmetry?
Yes, it’s one of the three hero Ties in ANH. This is the only hero helmet that no longer exists (it was painted all black and in in the archives)

Yes symmetry, and ears with clips molded in are pure R1..it’s a mish mash of both

29ABC07F-380A-4DBD-AE3E-C6E44C36B856.jpeg

Thanks! I had never noticed that notch missing.

I actually prefer all my helmets being symmetrical over screen accurate. The molded ears I would disagree with and prefer them to be a separate piece. I'm not looking to have my props be 100% accurate to what was seen on screen, but would prefer them to look good when being displayed. The wonky helmets just don't do it for me.

I had a friend years ago that ordered an MR Stormtrooper helmet and was so upset because he thought it had melted in the heat when shipping not realizing it was screen accurate with the asymmetrical look.

The thickness looks a lot better than the heavy monster they had on display at Celebration. The pinstriping also looks a lot better.

Apparently the Tie helmet is available now. I had the Anovos version of this exact helmet.

Drives me absolutely batty as it’s trimmed like a OT Tie, but the molds are R1 derived.

So if you’d like a $600 Tie helmet that’s not accurate to OT or R1 here’s your chance!
How if the trimming different on OT and R1 TIEs? Is there a good reference for R1 TIEs?

How if the trimming different on OT and R1 TIEs? Is there a good reference for R1 TIEs?
It’s vastly different. The short version is R1 has no gaps at the temples and no visable screws.

OT has a big gap at the temple and visable screws

As for reference sites I have I have a Tiepilot research and discussion group that goes over a lot of this on Facebook

Came across the Jango helmet on ebay.

The weathering is almost non existent on this one, but that's easy to add.

I dislike how the liner covers up the rear vent. I can't tell if there is mesh screen inside the vents, but the liner absolutely needs to be removed from that area to be accurate. The only other thing bothering me is how the bottom edge of the ears are unpainted. I'd really like to know if the rangefinder stalk doesn't rotate.

View attachment 1613082View attachment 1613083
I´m not a fan of this chrome polished look.The real armor was a more darker metal and not so shiny.It would be intersting to know if this helmet has real moviesize...thats a problem with the Anovos helmets...they are scanned and not molded ....and because they are costumepieces they should fit most people.

RBJ, thanks for that. I'd never noticed the "clips" were 1) so much more intact and 2) so much further back on the R1 helmet. Not a fan. Still sticking with idealized OT for my builds.

I´m not a fan of this chrome polished look.The real armor was a more darker metal and not so shiny.It would be intersting to know if this helmet has real moviesize...thats a problem with the Anovos helmets...they are scanned and not molded ....and because they are costumepieces they should fit most people.
It’s cold cast just like the original helmet is. Cold casting can be tricky to get exactly the same each time so there will likely be some slight variance with each piece.

It’s cold cast just like the original helmet is. Cold casting can be tricky to get exactly the same each time so there will likely be some slight variance with each piece.
Yes but the color of the resin and the used metalpowder makes the color.

Yes but the color of the resin and the used metalpowder makes the color.
Mixing slightly different amounts of the powder can affect the finish, also if they dust the mould with the powder first or not can also affect the final product, it can also be highly polished, but over time it will wear naturally and get darker. The true finish will only be apparent when you have one in hand. This method is way better than them trying to achieve an accurate finish through paint.

Mixing slightly different amounts of the powder can affect the finish, also if they dust the mould with the powder first or not can also affect the final product, it can also be highly polished, but over time it will wear naturally and get darker. The true finish will only be apparent when you have one in hand. This method is way better than them trying to achieve an accurate finish through paint.
What they really used in china we will never know.It can also be clearcoated on the polished surface.Look on the other pics on the ebay auction...hard to say from the pics.Really wanna see one under daylight and in the shadows.

Last week I decided that the Kylo premiere ensemble and my Luke Bespin rig are never going to come so I decided to cut my losses and ask DN for an exchange and sent a receipt of my outstanding Anovos orders. In a few minutes I received a gift card for the refund amount. I promptly ordered the TIE pilot, Clone and Jango helmets, and a complete Imperial officer ensemble (minus the belt, my size was out of stock.) Great! Chalk one up for DN customer service. The surprising part was the shipping. I've heard a few horror stories but in my case -to Hawaii- was only $50 for the whole thing. I'll update when it arrives.

Last week I decided that the Kylo premiere ensemble and my Luke Bespin rig are never going to come so I decided to cut my losses and ask DN for an exchange and sent a receipt of my outstanding Anovos orders. In a few minutes I received a gift card for the refund amount. I promptly ordered the TIE pilot, Clone and Jango helmets, and a complete Imperial officer ensemble (minus the belt, my size was out of stock.) Great! Chalk one up for DN customer service. The surprising part was the shipping. I've heard a few horror stories but in my case -to Hawaii- was only $50 for the whole thing. I'll update when it arrives.

Good luck!

It ended up working out well when I exchanged an old order for a gift card.

So last week I reached out to DN to make sure my FOTK kit order was still in the mix,they replied within 24 hours and today without warning my BBB arrived. Mora of the story is,even if you gave them your info back when they said they were going to fulfill these,it may be worth reaching out to make sure you are in ‘the system’.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back