Definitive Harley Quinn suicide squad thread

IMG_1291.JPG
My suggestion, buy a plastic bat at any chain sporting goods store for $8, the kind with the 'grain', spray paint it tan, then add the grain highlight by wiping in a medium brown into the 'grain'. . .$15 total, AND it is CON acceptable. . .

IMG_1315.JPG

Hey guys I have a question! I am about to buy a suicide squad jacket aaaand the color is brighter than the real one. That really annoys me :( Fabric is satin and Ive never done dying on fabric so I am really scared if I am gonna ruin it. Since the jacket has rib and two colors, I cant just dip the jacket. What do you guys think I have to do? ANNND also, I am going to take the lettering out and it is heat printed, which means I can take it off (right?). So what is the best way to take the letterings off?
The link for the jacket I want to buy:
http://m.ebay.com/itm/Suicide-Squad...Neck-Collar-Belt-Set-/321881598195?nav=SEARCH
The link for the real jacket:
http://hollywoodmoviecostumesandpro.../margot-robbies-harley-quinn-costume.html?m=1

You should just get the new one from Hot Topic. It's the most accurate one available. Even more so than the one from Merchoid. It only needs a few modifications.

You should just get the new one from Hot Topic. It's the most accurate one available. Even more so than the one from Merchoid. It only needs a few modifications.

The back colors are the opposite of the ones in the film. The front red and blue are correct but for some reason they mixed them on the back. It isn't accurate.

Black Milk Clothing is releasing a jacket this week too. Again, not completely accurate, but yet another option to consider. Bioworld has also released a non-accurate jacket and now of course Rubie's for Halloween. So many officially licensed jackets and yet none are perfect :/

Last edited:
Anyone find a good place to buy blank bats of this size? Having a hard time finding any that are A blank, B not super long.

The back colors are the opposite of the ones in the film. The front red and blue are correct but for some reason they mixed them on the back. It isn't accurate.

Black Milk Clothing is releasing a jacket this week too. Again, not completely accurate, but yet another option to consider. Bioworld has also released a non-accurate jacket and now of course Rubie's for Halloween. So many officially licensed jackets and yet none are perfect :/

So ummmm... what should I do?? How can I make it darker?? And what is the best way to take the prints off? OMG :( The date is almost coming and GOD I have nothing now :(

Ooh and also, the pockets, zipper colors, and the skull looks very different. Even though it looks similar, its not! So what I want to do is that I want to order really good shaped jacket and since the jacket from E bay doesnt have pockets, my friend and I can sew one! And if I can, I want to dye it draker and take off the heat print, so I can request for embroidery at embroidery shop. I will also add sequins two rows to make it the same I actually have the plan but I dont know how to make it darker or if I can remove heat print! I am so new to these things and I want to make it perfect :(

Any hair advice? My hair is about shoulder-length in front, but shorter in the back. I can get it in ponytails, but they only end maybe to my ears. I bought a pink and a blue ponytail extension, but they are heavy and awkward. (Also, I thought maybe I could put half my hair up, put in the extension, then put the rest of my hair up so that my hair could blend with the colored hair, since Harley's ponytails are more ombré. But my hair is really fine and half of half of my hair isn't enough to support an extension.)

Then I bought some Demi Lovato cheapy Secret Color extensions. They are a lot lighter weight than the pony extensions, but are straight extensions you are supposed to hide under your hair - not designed to be ponytails. Anyway, I might be able to work with them, but they are a lot darker/brighter than Harley's colors. The pink is a darker hot pink and the blue is almost royal blue. I also bought red, since it might go better with the darker blue.

So my options are: solid light pink and blue ponytail extensions; darker blue and either hot pink or red blended extensions; or use my own hair and have short little pigtails. (Also, I am having the hardest time dying my own hair platinum. I started with medium/dark blonde. Used a high-lift blonde and got yellow blonde. Then I used a TERRIBLE Feria platinum kit. It was hard to use and I got blotchy light yellow. I'm using another high-lift box at this moment, so we'll see. I might just have to go to the salon. I still have a month.)

Ooh and also, the pockets, zipper colors, and the skull looks very different. Even though it looks similar, its not! So what I want to do is that I want to order really good shaped jacket and since the jacket from E bay doesnt have pockets, my friend and I can sew one! And if I can, I want to dye it draker and take off the heat print, so I can request for embroidery at embroidery shop. I will also add sequins two rows to make it the same I actually have the plan but I dont know how to make it darker or if I can remove heat print! I am so new to these things and I want to make it perfect :(
With all the modifications you are going to do you are better just making it yourself. Order the correct coloured satin and sew it together (not sure on the ribbing) and then have the design on the back screen printed

Sent From The Batcave

Anyone find a good place to buy blank bats of this size? Having a hard time finding any that are A blank, B not super long.

With all the modifications you are going to do you are better just making it yourself. Order the correct coloured satin and sew it together (not sure on the ribbing) and then have the design on the back screen printed

Sent From The Batcave

I cant sew thats the problem...

hey guys! just wanted to give you a heads up, my new embroidery design is coming this week so you can get the finally truly screen accurate jacket, mine has matte dark red and navy satin, lined, comes with custom made cream and gold knit for the cuffs,collar and waistband, red and gold zipper with accurate J pendant with rhinestones, and top quality embroidery in the back (remember these are old pics of previous model, but you can see the jacket), if you have any questions shoot me a pm!
il_570xN.860216314_rhiw.jpgil_570xN.860216594_9nlb.jpg

The ring finally came in and it looks amazing! I'm debating on having the band portion resized, cause it's not very snug... but that may not be smart with the moving parts. I'll be running it through some tests tomorrow. The plan is still to have it cast and plated gold.

29cxe39.jpg

awuceq.jpg

I know some of you are interested in having a copy. I haven't forgotten! I'll need to finish my own before I consider commissions. No guarantee I won't run into problems.

The ring finally came in and it looks amazing! I'm debating on having the band portion resized, cause it's not very snug... but that may not be smart with the moving parts. I'll be running it through some tests tomorrow. The plan is still to have it cast and plated gold.

http://oi68.tinypic.com/29cxe39.jpg

http://oi63.tinypic.com/awuceq.jpg

I know some of you are interested in having a copy. I haven't forgotten! I'll need to finish my own before I consider commissions. No guarantee I won't run into problems.

It's a 3d printed file yes? Would you consider maybe selling the file if the rest is too much work to do on a commission basis?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get a seamstress too at the price of the jackets you won't pay much more for a custom one

Sent From The Batcave

Ummm... how much do you think it will cost? Do you think I should buy the fabrics or request some? Its really just my first time to do this thing and its so new!
I actually ordered fabric but it turned out it was lighter than the picture. Ohh no
Okay what about this then? I can request them textile dyers to dye my jacket? How is this? Ohhh but I wish its not over hundred... X(

honestyly i cant say on the price your best bet if you can is order the hot topi version and if by chance it doesnt arrive intime for the film do a jacketless version. you could always ask the cosplay company to do it darker and see if they will
Ummm... how much do you think it will cost? Do you think I should buy the fabrics or request some? Its really just my first time to do this thing and its so new!
I actually ordered fabric but it turned out it was lighter than the picture. Ohh no
Okay what about this then? I can request them textile dyers to dye my jacket? How is this? Ohhh but I wish its not over hundred... X(

honestyly i cant say on the price your best bet if you can is order the hot topi version and if by chance it doesnt arrive intime for the film do a jacketless version. you could always ask the cosplay company to do it darker and see if they will
Yes the textile dyers that I want to require has done some cosplay painting and dyeing for actress. Thats why I am not sure of fhe price :(
I dont know if I can acquire the company because I am buying it from ebay.
I saw that Hot Topic jacket is weird because the color is oposite on front and back. So thats why I am not awed.
Is it weird that I am annoyed by the little lightness of the jacket? ;) should I just ignore it?

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back