Deathstroke from Batman: Arkham Origins

Made a helmet stand adapter to my manequin and 3D printed the final version of the mask which now includes attachment system for the backpiece and new and more accurate details. Hopefully it works because it's a very tight fit.

IMG_5428a.jpg

really, very cool. Deathstroke, such a legend that even marvel had to copy him, even his name!

Where did you get the STL files?

Awesome costume so far, Cassius.Thanks for sharing this adventure with all of us !

You are very much welcome. Nice that you see it that way since it has been a very long journey, at least for me. Can't say it was a wise decision to go from not making costumes at all to deciting to make the best costume of a character in the world and in addition picking a design as complex as this one.

Actually... when I look at it... I'm surprised that I kept working on it despite crazy amount of resources involved. I'm usually the guy that gets excited about something, works on it for a while and then leaves it once something new arrives.

makes me think of "American beauty" and Lester's monologue about the ability to surprise yourself :).

Anyway, hopefully sometime before december I can show you all how everything looks on me, in black. Painting is another huge topic I'm still unable to properly address but I have time for testing :)

Overestimating one's abilities is one thing; but then making it all happen and above all enjoying the ride is another.
I think you topped your expectations and for as far as I can tell you are having a good time (y)
For as far as I know the character, the costume looks awesome.Keep it up and take one step at the time, even with the painting stage.Patience is easy when you love what you do, and when you remember you're working hard to express your fandom ;)

Painting is all about preparation, and a clean, dust free environment, preferably static free. Making a reasonable paint booth for a clean environment is actually not too hard.

FINALLY, after spending about $200 on different paints I think this is the one. Nice, warm and rusty. prabobly the closest to what I wanted.

IMG_20191107_144819.jpg

Cassius, could you share some photos of how you (re)connected the two parts for your mask?
Are you using magnets/velcro ?
Thank you very much

Welp, it's terribly overexposed but there you have it. New suit up status update.

Still having some problems with it and it's a total b*tch to put on so I didn't want to play with it too much for now. Anyway, overall it's not that bad I think. DC Comics con next weekend so hopefully I can make it a bit better till then

1 (2).jpg

George - connection does not work properly at the moment so no point sharing it but in general magnets are not strong enough and there is not enough space inside to use straps. I created a custom spring loaded "mechanism" that I will be refining today and tomorrow. I'm close to getting it just right.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back